Filtering in TB

How can I filter posts in TB which have been made to /multiple/
newsgroups (cross-posts)?

I have had the suggestion to Filter on 'Newsgroups' (custom), 'contains'
and "," (comma, without the quotes). However this is still letting
through posts cross-posted to several NGs.

kes
11/13/2017 8:31:03 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22131 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On 11/13/17 9:31 PM, kes wrote:
> How can I filter posts in TB which have been made to /multiple/
> newsgroups (cross-posts)?
>
> I have had the suggestion to Filter on 'Newsgroups' (custom), 'contains'
> and "," (comma, without the quotes). However this is still letting
> through posts cross-posted to several NGs.
>
> Thanks

Should work, for messages arriving after you created this filter.
If you want to filter old messages too, you should do a "repair folder".
0
dillinger
11/13/2017 9:03:49 PM
kes wrote:
> How can I filter posts in TB which have been made to /multiple/
> newsgroups (cross-posts)?
>
> I have had the suggestion to Filter on 'Newsgroups' (custom),
> 'contains' and "," (comma, without the quotes). However this
> is still letting through posts cross-posted to several NGs.

Do you get all the newsgroups you want to apply the filter to
in the same account (let's say "mozilla.org")? If so, select
the account, not invididual newsgroups, to apply the filter to.
The risk of course is that it then also applies to newsgroups
you might not want it to be applied to.

-p

0
PietB
11/13/2017 9:06:01 PM
On 2017-11-13 15:31, kes wrote:
> How can I filter posts in TB which have been made to /multiple/
> newsgroups (cross-posts)?
>
> I have had the suggestion to Filter on 'Newsgroups' (custom), 'contains'
> and "," (comma, without the quotes). However this is still letting
> through posts cross-posted to several NGs.
>
> Thanks

The newsgroups should show as "folders" below.within the news server
account. You can filter on the new server, which will automatically
filter all newsgroups you subscribe to. A filter for a folder is
specific to that folder. Also applies to email accounts (IMO one reason
setting each account as "top level" is better than mushing them all
together in Local Folders.)

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
On 13/11/2017 22:03, dillinger wrote:
> On 11/13/17 9:31 PM, kes wrote:
>> How can I filter posts in TB which have been made to /multiple/
>> newsgroups (cross-posts)?
>>
>> I have had the suggestion to Filter on 'Newsgroups' (custom), 'contains'
>> and "," (comma, without the quotes). However this is still letting
>> through posts cross-posted to several NGs.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
> Should work, for messages arriving after you created this filter.
> If you want to filter old messages too, you should do a "repair folder".

Bingo! Repair folder did the trick. Thanks
0
kes