external editor addon stopped working

hello,

using thunderbird 52.1.0

For a very very long time I've been using
External Editor addon:
http://globs.org/articles.php?lng=en&pg=2

so I can choose to use whatever
editor I want (in my case would be vim) to
compose/edit emails about to be sent out ,etc....

It has stopped working all of a sudden with
no rhyme or reason.... and across platforms (windows & linux)
My attempt to re-instal and/or reconfigure the addon
does not help either...

Does anybody else using that add-on?
Or has any idea where the issue may be?

thank you,
F-

0
FHDATA
5/12/2017 11:02:32 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 21888 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

--------------060207090209050606000104

On 13/05/2017 00:02, FHDATA wrote:

> hello,
>
> using thunderbird 52.1.0
>
> For a very very long time I've been using
> External Editor addon:
> http://globs.org/articles.php?lng=en&pg=2
>

> It has stopped working all of a sudden with

They have a forum at the link you provided so please post a question
there so that the developer can respond.  It is unlikely anybody is
using an external editor because there is no need for one as far as I
can see.

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

--------------060207090209050606000104

  <head>
  </head>
cite="mid:mailman.901.1494630193.24900.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">
      <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://globs.org/articles.php?lng=en&amp;pg=2">http://globs.org/articles.php?lng=en&amp;pg=2</a>
      It has stopped working all of a sudden with
    They have a forum at the link you provided so please post a question
    there so that the developer can respond.  It is unlikely anybody is
    using an external editor because there is no need for one as far as
    I can see.<br>
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>

--------------060207090209050606000104--
0
Good
5/13/2017 12:00:22 AM
FHDATA <fhdata@unm.edu> Wrote in message:

> hello,
>
> using thunderbird 52.1.0
>
> For a very very long time I've been using
> External Editor addon:
> http://globs.org/articles.php?lng=en&pg=2
>
> so I can choose to use whatever
> editor I want (in my case would be vim) to
> compose/edit emails about to be sent out ,etc....
>

> It has stopped working all of a sudden with
> no rhyme or reason.... and across platforms (windows & linux)
> My attempt to re-instal and/or reconfigure the addon
> does not help either...
>

> Does anybody else using that add-on?
> Or has any idea where the issue may be?

I have it but haven't used it for a while. I looked at it a month
 or two ago - there was a thread about a character-counting
 extension in which I suggested using it. ISTR it had stopped
 plain text. Is that what you see? I think I fixed it, but can't
 remember - I'd have to return to that machine.
--
(Remove any numerics from my email address.)
0
On Sat, 13 May 2017 08:01:52 +0100, Dave Royal wrote:

> FHDATA <fhdata@unm.edu> Wrote in message:
>>
>> hello,
>>
>> using thunderbird 52.1.0
>>
>> For a very very long time I've been using External Editor addon:
>> http://globs.org/articles.php?lng=en&pg=2
>>
>> so I can choose to use whatever editor I want (in my case would be vim)
>> to compose/edit emails about to be sent out ,etc....
>>

>> It has stopped working all of a sudden with no rhyme or reason.... and
>> across platforms (windows & linux)
>> My attempt to re-instal and/or reconfigure the addon does not help
>> either...
>>

>> Does anybody else using that add-on?
>> Or has any idea where the issue may be?
>>
> I have it but haven't used it for a while. I looked at it a month
>  or two ago - there was a thread about a character-counting extension in
>  which I suggested using it. ISTR it had stopped loading the editor (in
>  linux) for HTML emails but worked for plain text. Is that what you see?
>  I think I fixed it, but can't remember - I'd have to return to that
>  machine.

Yes - I did fix it - but neither my fixed version or the original now
works in Fx 52.1.0 (64-bit) on Linux. Throws javascript errors (different
to the previous js errors.) Cannot add the editor path into prefs - more
js errors. Looks pretty terminal to me.