Export human-readable server settings?

Another TB user and I are trying to collaborate to solve a problem with
a cranky IMAP/SMTP server (Office365, we poor souls). We want to compare
server settings. We're 20 miles apart so we can't just look at each
others computer monitors to compare and try out different settings.

For comparing notes, it sure would make things easy if we could just
pass a text file back and forth through email with all our server
settings (ports, server names, TLS, SSL, login method, etc).

I'm dreaming of some "Export Server Settings" button that would create
this text file. Is there a way to do this?
0
Lance
1/5/2017 7:02:24 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 21672 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 01/05/2017 08:02 PM, Lance wrote:
> Another TB user and I are trying to collaborate to solve a problem with
> a cranky IMAP/SMTP server (Office365, we poor souls). We want to compare
> server settings. We're 20 miles apart so we can't just look at each
> others computer monitors to compare and try out different settings.
>
> For comparing notes, it sure would make things easy if we could just
> pass a text file back and forth through email with all our server
> settings (ports, server names, TLS, SSL, login method, etc).
>
> I'm dreaming of some "Export Server Settings" button that would create
> this text file. Is there a way to do this?

Server settings are shown in the Troubleshooting Information.
At the top right of the Thunderbird window, click the menu button, then
select Help > Troubleshooting Information.
0
Christian