Exchange 2003 IMAP stuck Checking mail server capabilities

Had to go chasing rabbits over the last few days to figure out why
31.8.0 and 38.1.0 wouldn't work with an old Exchange Server 2003 account
via IMAP. Given that there really isn't any way to improve the SSL3
configuration on a production Windows Server 2003 box, my ultimate
solution was to set:

security.ssl3.rsa_des_ede3_sha;false

I hope that helps somebody. Follow-ups to private mail, please. I do not
monitor the newsgroup and am only posting so that somebody facing the
same exact issue will have an easier time solving the problem.

Cheers,

trane
--
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Trane Francks   trane@tranefrancks.com   Tokyo, Japan

Sending E-Mail from a server with Windows Server 2003 and Exchange
What's the proper way to do this? I can't seem to find any simple answer to this...anybody got one? ;)Erik PorterChannel 9 Dev Team...

The new WPS mail based on Thunderbird. Exchange supported internal, exchange are implement in pure js.
LSAtIC0NCi0g5Y+R6YCB6IeqV1BT6YKu566xIC0NCg0KDQotLSANCiAgICAgICAgIOatpOiHtA0K 56S8DQrnvZfli4fliJoNCllvdXJzDQogICAgc2luY2VyZWx5LA0KWW9uZ2dhbmcgTHVvDQo= ...

Using ASP.NET for Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003
We are looking for a ASP or ASP.NET web application solution that we can use to manage our Windows Server 2003 Forest(s) and Exchange Server 2003 Orgs. So my question really is what product do I use to get my solution.  Thank You, Aaron Venson...

Is there any plan to support MS Exchange Server in Thunderbird?
Hi, All, Is there any plan to support MS Exchange server in Thunderbird? I saw some codes in mailnews/mapi. Are they related to this? Thanks Brian On 2/11/09 11:29 PM, Brian.Lu@Sun.COM wrote: > Hi, All, > > Is there any plan to support MS Exchange server in Thunderbird? Not as part of the core, no. The LookOut extension has functionality for handling TNEF attachments, though. There is also code in the tree that contains basic, unfinished support for talking to the Outlook addressbook. Since it's not exposed to the UI and not really maintained, it ...

ADO to read mail from Exchange 2003 server
Hello, I have to read mail directly from an Exchange server. Can I do this using an ADO connection? If so does anyone have an example for me? Thanks in advance, Herman > {quote:title=Herman vanRuitenbeek wrote:}{quote} > Hello, > > I have to read mail directly from an Exchange server. Can I do this > using an ADO connection? If so does anyone have an example for me? > There is an Ole db provider for Exchange so you should be able to do it. Here is the Microsoft reference for queries http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms191461.aspx Dear Brian, ...

Sending mail thorugh Windows 2003 exchange server
I have set up my Bugzilla install but whilst setting it up there was not an available exchange server so I had nowhere to route the emails. =20 Having now set up my exchange server on a separate physical server I now need to change the settings but am not able to find how to do so? Am I being stupid? ...

Thunderbird 1.5 Exchange 2003 Server LDAP Settings
I hope this will be usefull helping some people to set Exchange server 2003 LDAP settings on Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5: 1=2E Go to Tools/Options menu 2=2E Click Composition button, then Adressing tab 3=2E Click Edit Directories 4=2E Click Add 5=2E On General tab set: Name: any you like Hostname: the Exchange server FQD, example: myserver.mycompany.com.ar Base DN: For example if your domai is mycompany.com.ar set: DC=3Dmycompany,DC=3Dcom,DC=3Dar Port Number: 389 (ingore other posts saying under Exchanger server LDAP is other port, by default LDAP is always 389) Bind DN: here is mor...

thunderbird 0.7 exchange server imap
When I use thunderbird to move an email from my inbox to another folder, it does not work. The old email is left in the inbox. I use outlookt or microsoft outlook web and I can see the email in my inbox. Also, no tricks that I have tried so far will get thunderbird to see the fact that the email is still there. I tried subscribing and unsubscribing to the inbox folder. I have also tried mozilla 1.6 and 1.7 and get the same results. This is an obvious problem because our mail servers have quotas... In message <XXhRc.1654$QJ3.844@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com> JohnSmith ...

Kmail [IMAP]/Exchange server 2003 : Cannot purge deleted messages
Greetings I'm using Kmail as an IMAP email client and my email account resides on an exchange server 2003. Deleted messages do not get expunged from server. Emptying "deleted items" doesn't have any effect. They are disappearing from my view and I don't see them any more, but they are not purged. I know because I keep getting notices of an ever increasing use of disk space. The closed I've come googling is 'Kmail doesn't actually purge e-mails on the IMAP server &bull; KDE Community Forums' (http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=...

Bad sequence of commands. The server response was: This mail server requires authentication. Please check your mail client settings.
try { MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); message.From = new MailAddress("amrit@eastlandindia.com"); message.To.Add("eramrit_datasoft@yahoo.co.in"); message.Subject = "Check Mail"; message.Body = "Your loan status"; SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient("eastlandindia.com"); smtpClient.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("eastlandindia.com", "xxxxxx"); smtpClient.Send(message); } catch (Exception ex) { Response.Write(ex.Message); }   This is my code When  i Sending mail the it give the message: Bad sequence of commands. The server response was: This mai...

Can't connect to IMAP mail server with Thunderbird and KMail
HI I have a strange problem. My e-mail servers is IMAP and have TLS/SSL. I am sure that i entered right informations (servername, port, type, pw...). But i connect to my outgoing mail server but then login failed, on both Thunderbrd 3 and KMail that come with openSuSE 11.2. And now i tried one POP server with Thunderbir 3, and it fails to download my messages from server too. What could be wrong? -- Jerac ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

IMAP Server Settings Checking For Mail Every X Minutes Question
Greetings, I'm doing some beta testing of Outlook 2007 B2TR and comparing it to Thunderbird 1.5.0.7. I've noticed that Outlook drops its connection to port 143 after a while and Thunderbird always stays connected to 143 (horray). I submitted a bug report to MS on the overall behavior, but after digging deeper I may have just configured Outlook in an apples-to-oranges way compared to Thunderbird. I would like a little help in understanding what goes on under the hood with Thunderbird. First I'll explain what I did in Outlook. My server supports IDLE so I disabled aut...

Thunderbird stalls when an IMAPS server doesn't support resume
Hi folks, I am facing problems when using Thuderbird to acess my "old" imap server (uw-imap). After upgrading from an old thunderbird version, the interaction with my imap server became unstable. It seems that the latest version 17.0.5 tries to resume the SSL session (sending a SSL Hello with a previous session number) and keep retransmitting it trying to resume the conection. At this point, the app stalls and the only way to keep the interaction with the imap server is to close and open thunderbird again. In this way, a brand new one session is stablished. Is anyo...

Thunderbird stalls when an IMAPS server doesn't support resume
Hi folks, I sent the following message to dev-apps-thund and, as I didn't receive any reply, I realized that it could be worth try to discuss this issue here. I am facing problems when using Thuderbird to acess my "old" imap server (uw-imap). After upgrading from an old thunderbird version, the interaction with my imapS server became unstable. It seems that the latest version 17.0.5 tries to resume the SSL session (sending a SSL Hello with a previous session number) and keep retransmitting it trying to resume the conection. At this point, the app stalls and the...

Web resources about - Exchange 2003 IMAP stuck Checking mail server capabilities - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Communications Capabilities Development Programme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Enhances Photo Capabilities Of Android App
... On Thursday, the site released an extensive upgrade for application developers . Friday, Facebook noted that it has improved the photo capabilities ...

Expanded Capabilities for Lookalike Audiences
Advertisers can now create lookalikes based on people who visit their websites, use their mobile apps, or are connected to their Facebook Pages. ...

Facebook Launches Radius & Language Targeting Capabilities for Performance Advertisers
Facebook released two new targeting features for its performance advertising platform: radius targeting and language targeting. The new radius ...

DARPA Legged Squad Support System (LS3) Demonstrates New Capabilities - YouTube
This video depicts field testing of the DARPA Legged Squad Support System (LS3). The goal of the LS3 program is to demonstrate that a legged ...

High-speed video still bogged down by inadequate streaming capabilities
Australian broadband continues to linger well behind countries such as South Korea and the United States.

Google developing tablet with advanced vision capabilities: report
Google is developing a new 7-inch tablet that can capture 3D images, and plans to produce about 4000 of these prototypes beginning next month, ...

'A rather inflated assessment of his own capabilities': Former JBWere boss Paul Heath fails in landmark ...
The former boss of JBWere, Paul Heath, has failed in a bid for a redundancy payment after being moved to a new job as part of a restructure by ...

Sony shows off PlayStation 4 capabilities, but not the box itself
Sony showed off what the PlayStation 4 can do, but not what it will look like. The Japanese electronics giant talked about its upcoming game ...

Maritime authority to boost capabilities
Maritime authority to boost capabilities People's Daily Online The Maritime Police Command Center, a department under the SOA, will give orders ...