Error message: sending of message failed

Hi all..

WHen I try to send email, I get the following message?

Sending of message failed.
Error writing temporary file.

This is my first time trying to send messages.
I have windows vista home basic edition.

Can you please help me?

Yours truly
Casper.
0
Casper

Casper said the following On 03/01/2008 10:28 AM:
> Hi all..
>
> WHen I try to send email, I get the following message?
>
> Sending of message failed.
> Error writing temporary file.
>
> This is my first time trying to send messages.
> I have windows vista home basic edition.
>
> Can you please help me?
> Yours truly
> Casper.

Couple of thoughts

1. As you are using an Antivirus program , it might causing this problem
.. You should try to reproduce this problem after disabling your
antivirus software .

2. You TEMP folder doesn't have enough space . Try to clean it up to
regain some more space .

3. TEMP folder enviroment variable is not properly set or changed recently .
0
Nir
3/1/2008 4:07:14 PM
Nir keyboarded, On 3/1/2008 11:07 AM :
> Casper said the following On 03/01/2008 10:28 AM:
>> Hi all..
>>
>> WHen I try to send email, I get the following message?
>>
>> Sending of message failed.
>> Error writing temporary file.
>>
>> This is my first time trying to send messages.
>> I have windows vista home basic edition.
>>
>> Can you please help me?
>> Yours truly
>> Casper.
>
> Couple of thoughts
>
> 1. As you are using an Antivirus program , it might causing this
> problem . You should try to reproduce this problem after disabling
> your antivirus software .
>
> 2. You TEMP folder doesn't have enough space . Try to clean it up to
> regain some more space .
>
> 3. TEMP folder enviroment variable is not properly set or changed
> recently .

This has been identified also as the result of the recipients mailbox
being full and can not add your mail to it's que.

--
Ron K.
Ron

Signing Message in Thunderbird Results in Error Message
Hi, I hope this is the right location to post this message. I already asked in the mozillazine forum at http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=2987006 and was asked to re-post this question for the experts in this group. The problem is that I cannot sign a mail using S/MIME. I generated a certificate using StartCom's service and imported it into Thunderbird. When trying to send an email signed with this certificate I receive the following error: <quote> Sending of message failed. Unable to sign message. Please check that the certificates specified in Mail ...

Thunderbird slow to download messages or send message
We now use Thunderbird for our e-mail on three Windows XP systems (with SP2) in our house and all three do the same thing. First of all, when I start up Thunderbird, I cannot download any new messages until I get a pop-up in the lower right-hand corner telling me I have new mail. Then, when I click on "Get Mail", the following happens: I see "Connected to mail.(isp provider).ca..." at the bottom of the window, the system seems to wait for 30-40 seconds, then I see "Connect: Host contacted, sending login information", followed by "Downloading m...

Error sending message
My dbremote setup has gone well for a while. Today dbremote on the remote site stopped with the following msg: 'Error sending message � message larger than maximum allowed' 'Sending message interupted' 'Execution completed' I added the switch -l 20000 to dbremote startup, started dbremote again and everything seems to be ok. (-l 20000 means : 20 kb as maximum msg length). For this remote user I use ccMail mobile v6 for Win31, OP Win95, SQLAny 5.5.0.4. Message type is VIM. Is there a maximum message size for the different message types VIM, FILE, SMT...

Intermittent popup "Sending of message failed" errors
I found the following post in this Newsgroup, posted on 4/2003, by Jeffrey Kosowsky. > Under Win98SE, a random and changing proportion of my emails fail to > go through, returning the following message: > Sending of message failed. > > The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP > server outgoing.verizon.net failed. The server may e > unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify > that your SMTP server setting is correct and try again, or > else contact your network administrator. I&#...

i have a error message when i log in with username?? error message is that CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4
hello friends i have a error message when i log in with username. error message is below.. i use VS 2008 professional edition 90 days trial version. i used SQL 2005 expression version but i uninstalled it and i install SQL 2005 Enterprise version..but i see Express Edition with Advanced Services when i look at version information.. What should i do fix my error ? Cheers CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4096 MB per database.An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Users\Jet\Deskto...

Thunderbird reporting sending message failed.
When I have attachments to an email that are larger in size (2MB to 4MB) Thunderbird is returning an error when I try to send. It goes through to 99% and then hangs for a little bit, so I think it is uploading the email and attachments. I then get an error message stating that the email failed. However, when I contact the recipient they confirm that they received the message. Normally I would not be concerned with this because the email still got through, however, because TB is reporting that the email didn't send, then the email isn't getting copied over to my sent fold...

Opening message in Thunderbird default message window, with message header
Hi, I need to find a way to open a message in the default Thunderbird message window. I only have the message header information, but to open the message window i need the messageUri, folderUri and gDBView: window.openDialog( "chrome://messenger/content/messageWindow.xul", "_blank", "all,chrome,dialog=no,status,toolbar", messageUri, folderUri, gDBView ); Is there any other way to open the message window, or how can I get these arguments with just the header information? Trouble is, I'm not in the main thunderbird view when calling my function, ...

Dbremote send out message to the remote every minute after missing message error
ASA version: 7.0.198 Platform: Window NT 4.0 Dbremote from the consolidated ASA server started to send the message to a remote user every minute after missing message error was encountered in the dbremote log from consolidated database. The Dbremote on the consolidated database is running in a continuous mode every 30 minutes. E. 09/09 10:59:15. Missing message from "14303" (0-0000695631-0) I. 09/09 10:59:15. Sending message to "14303" (0-0065073365-0) I. 09/09 11:00:15. Sending message to "14303" (0-0065073365-0) I. 09/09 11:01:15. Sending message t...

What does this error message mean? (I get it when trying to send a message that has embedded graphics)
How am I supposed to check the temp settings, and what am I supposed to change? "Sending of message failed. Unable to open the temporary file C:\Users\Storm\AppData\Local\Temp\nsmail.tmp. Check your 'Temporary Directory' setting." Restorm wrote: > How am I supposed to check the temp settings, and what am I supposed to > change? "Sending of message failed. > Unable to open the temporary file > C:\Users\Storm\AppData\Local\Temp\nsmail.tmp. Check your 'Temporary > Directory' setting." This poster to the m'zine forum investiga...

Operation too large Error. Sending Messages failed.
All, When I run dbremote I get the following error "Operation Too Large" Sending Messages failed. Has anybody seen this before? Do you know how to corrected? Any help is appreciated Jorge Have you executed a command in passthrough which is larger than your maximum message size (default is 50kb)? -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8 Please reply only to the newsgroup iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase...

Sending of Message Failed
Hi, Was "forwarded" a message with text and graphics (TBird 2.x) and I checked "edit as new" so that I could forward it... However, when completed, the 'send message error' box comes up; "Sending of message failed. There was an error attaching. Please check if you have access to the file" I am assuming that it means the 'graphics' files? How can I send this? What does TBird offer to help? Greatly appreciate this assistance. Thanks -- "Doc" in Los Angeles mailto: pc-dc-doc@nospam.comcast.net Doc wrote: > Hi, Was &q...

SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED
When I go to open Thunderbird, I get a dialogue error message that says: SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED One or more files cannot be updated.=A0 Please make sure all of your = other applications are closed and that you have permission to modify files and = the restart Thunderbird to try again. When this happens nothing is open on my computer and I should have all access to anything on it not needing permission.=A0 The problem is = Thunderbird ultimately won't open so I'm locked out of my e-mail. Any help is appreciated! Jeff Solomon jeff@allamericanmarketing.com Jeff ...

Message Sending Failed" .here how i overcome to this error
 Public Sub SendAnEmail(ByVal MsgFrom As String, ByVal MsgTo As String, ByVal MsgSubject As String, ByVal MsgBody As String)       Try            '  Pass in the message information to a new MailMessage            Dim msg As New Net.Mail.MailMessage(MsgFrom, MsgTo, MsgSubject, MsgBody)             '   Create an SmtpClient to send the e-mail        &...

CDO.Message fails to send email with no errors
I have had the same information form on my site for 2 years and it has always worked fine but suddenly I do not receive emails anymore.  There are no errors and the rest of the form works fine.  Once the user fills out the form it shows them a presentation.  That still works.  I thought maybe my email address was getting blocked due to spam but I tried various other email addresses, even those with different hosts, still no emails get sent.  My website is hosted by Network Solutions.  I called them and asked them if they updated their servers or made any other c...

Web resources about - Error message: sending of message failed - mozilla.support.thunderbird