Enabling printing "Appearance" features by default

When printing email messages I often find myself having to enable the
following in the "Print" window (which by default is disabled):

Appearance:   [ ] Print background colors
               [ ] Print background images

Is it possible to have these two *enabled* by default instead? I
couldn't find anything relevant in the config file
(Preferences-Advanced-General-Config editor).
I'm using TB 31.1.0. on the Mac platform.
0
Tiger

On 07-Sep-2014 19:27, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 9/7/2014 4:04 PM, Ron K. wrote:
>> Tiger wrote on 9/7/2014 5:49 PM:
>>> When printing email messages I often find myself having to enable the
>>> following in the "Print" window (which by default is disabled):
>>>
>>> Appearance:   [ ] Print background colors
>>>                 [ ] Print background images
>>>

>>> Is it possible to have these two *enabled* by default instead? I
>>> couldn't find anything relevant in the config file
>>> (Preferences-Advanced-General-Config editor).
>>> I'm using TB 31.1.0. on the Mac platform.
>>
>> Seems there is no default template config.  When a printer is setup for
>> TB printing there are user set pref generated. From my prefs:
>> print.printer_hp_deskjet_940c.print_bgcolor;false
>> print.printer_hp_deskjet_940c.print_bgimages;false
>>
>> Double click on a highlighted pref will toggle the true/false for that
>> printer setup.  This will then be your default for future jobs with that
>> printer driver setup, where TB will tell the driver how to do the print job.
>>

> While there are many preference variables for my HP 1215 Laser Jet
> printer (as well as for other print tools in my configuration) in
> SeaMonkey, there are none for Thunderbird.  Indeed, there are NO
> print.printer variables in Thunderbird.  Nevertheless, I can print from
> Thunderbird.

I have a whole bunch of print.printer entries in mine, including those two:

print.printer_Canon_MP560_series_Printer.print_bgcolor;false
print.printer_Canon_MP560_series_Printer.print_bgimages;false
0
Morgana

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.
0
David
9/7/2014 1:01:01 AM
Tiger wrote on 9/7/2014 5:49 PM:
> When printing email messages I often find myself having to enable the
> following in the "Print" window (which by default is disabled):
>
> Appearance:   [ ] Print background colors
>                [ ] Print background images
>

> Is it possible to have these two *enabled* by default instead? I
> couldn't find anything relevant in the config file
> (Preferences-Advanced-General-Config editor).
> I'm using TB 31.1.0. on the Mac platform.

Seems there is no default template config.  When a printer is setup for
TB printing there are user set pref generated. From my prefs:
print.printer_hp_deskjet_940c.print_bgcolor;false
print.printer_hp_deskjet_940c.print_bgimages;false

Double click on a highlighted pref will toggle the true/false for that
printer setup.  This will then be your default for future jobs with that
printer driver setup, where TB will tell the driver how to do the print job.

--
Ron K.
Ron
9/7/2014 1:01:01 AM
On 08/09/2014 01:04, Ron K. wrote:
> Tiger wrote on 9/7/2014 5:49 PM:
>> When printing email messages I often find myself having to enable the
>> following in the "Print" window (which by default is disabled):
>>
>> Appearance:   [ ] Print background colors
>>                [ ] Print background images
>>

>> Is it possible to have these two *enabled* by default instead? I
>> couldn't find anything relevant in the config file
>> (Preferences-Advanced-General-Config editor).
>> I'm using TB 31.1.0. on the Mac platform.
>
> Seems there is no default template config.  When a printer is setup for
> TB printing there are user set pref generated. From my prefs:
> print.printer_hp_deskjet_940c.print_bgcolor;false
> print.printer_hp_deskjet_940c.print_bgimages;false
>
> Double click on a highlighted pref will toggle the true/false for that
> printer setup.  This will then be your default for future jobs with that
> printer driver setup, where TB will tell the driver how to do the print
> job.

I'm not sure what you mean.
I can't find any "print.printer" entry in my config file, nor does
saving a printer preset (in the printer windows that pops up when you
print) save those settings. They always revert to disabled.
0
Tiger
9/7/2014 1:01:01 AM
On 08/09/2014 02:35, Trane Francks wrote:

> Check print.save_print_settings and make sure that it's true? That might
> help you retain these settings from session to session.

I checked "print.save_print_settings" which was set to "true".
I also tried to make some changes in "File-Page setup" then save, but
still no additional print settings in the Config file.

I also tried opening the print dialog (File-Print), turned on "Print
background colors" and "Print background images", and finally pressing
the "Print" button, hoping it would be saved the next time, but nope.
And saving a printing preset (in the "File-print" dialog) only saves
these parameters:

Copies
Collated
Two-sided

Are any of your using the Mac version of TB? Perhaps these are Mac
specific bugs. I've also always wondered why the development team could
never make a preview of what you print available (in both TB and FF)
which is pretty standard with Mac apps.
0
Tiger
9/8/2014 1:01:01 AM
On 09/07/2014 10:34 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 9/7/2014 5:08 PM, Peter Holsberg wrote:
>> David E. Ross wrote on 9/7/2014 7:27 PM:
>>>
>>> While there are many preference variables for my HP 1215 Laser Jet
>>> printer (as well as for other print tools in my configuration) in
>>> SeaMonkey, there are none for Thunderbird.  Indeed, there are NO
>>> print.printer variables in Thunderbird.
>>
>> I have them. Are you sure you don't?
>>

> Aha!  It requires that the user select [File > Page Setup] from the menu
> bar and make some change in the setup window.  That forces the creation
> of printer preference variables.  Then, even if the change is reversed,
> the preference variables for the printer remain in about:config.
>
> I had never gone to [File > Page Setup] before now.  I noticed that the
> preference variables are setup only for my default printer.

I have never looked at the Page Setup option either. So I tried what you
did. No change in TB's config editor. Restarted TB and still no
print.printer strings. I do have a print.printer_lists with no value
setting.

--
Caver1
0
On 9/7/2014 8:10 PM, Caver1 wrote:
> On 09/07/2014 10:34 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

>>> I have them. Are you sure you don't?
>>>

>> Aha!  It requires that the user select [File > Page Setup] from the menu
>> bar and make some change in the setup window.  That forces the creation
>> of printer preference variables.  Then, even if the change is reversed,
>> the preference variables for the printer remain in about:config.
>>
>> I had never gone to [File > Page Setup] before now.  I noticed that the
>> preference variables are setup only for my default printer.
>>

> I have never looked at the Page Setup option either. So I tried what you
> did. No change in TB's config editor. Restarted TB and still no
> print.printer strings. I do have a print.printer_lists with no value
> setting.

I'm not familiar with running Mozilla-based applications under Linux.
Do you have a default printer specified (not for Thunderbird but for
Linux)?

--

On 9/8/14 7:49 AM, Tiger wrote:
> When printing email messages I often find myself having to enable the
> following in the "Print" window (which by default is disabled):
>
> Appearance:   [ ] Print background colors
>                 [ ] Print background images
>

> Is it possible to have these two *enabled* by default instead? I
> couldn't find anything relevant in the config file
> (Preferences-Advanced-General-Config editor).
> I'm using TB 31.1.0. on the Mac platform.

Check print.save_print_settings and make sure that it's true? That might
help you retain these settings from session to session.

--
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Trane Francks   trane@tranefrancks.com   Tokyo, Japan
On 9/7/2014 5:08 PM, Peter Holsberg wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote on 9/7/2014 7:27 PM:
>>
>> While there are many preference variables for my HP 1215 Laser Jet
>> printer (as well as for other print tools in my configuration) in
>> SeaMonkey, there are none for Thunderbird.  Indeed, there are NO
>> print.printer variables in Thunderbird.
>
> I have them. Are you sure you don't?

Aha!  It requires that the user select [File > Page Setup] from the menu
bar and make some change in the setup window.  That forces the creation
of printer preference variables.  Then, even if the change is reversed,
the preference variables for the printer remain in about:config.

I had never gone to [File > Page Setup] before now.  I noticed that the
preference variables are setup only for my default printer.

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.
0
David
9/8/2014 1:01:01 AM
David E. Ross wrote on 9/7/2014 7:27 PM:

> While there are many preference variables for my HP 1215 Laser Jet
> printer (as well as for other print tools in my configuration) in
> SeaMonkey, there are none for Thunderbird.  Indeed, there are NO
> print.printer variables in Thunderbird.

I have them. Are you sure you don't?
0
Peter
9/8/2014 1:01:01 AM
David E. Ross wrote on 9/7/2014 10:34 PM:
> On 9/7/2014 5:08 PM, Peter Holsberg wrote:
>> David E. Ross wrote on 9/7/2014 7:27 PM:
>>>
>>> While there are many preference variables for my HP 1215 Laser Jet
>>> printer (as well as for other print tools in my configuration) in
>>> SeaMonkey, there are none for Thunderbird.  Indeed, there are NO
>>> print.printer variables in Thunderbird.
>>
>> I have them. Are you sure you don't?
>>

> Aha!  It requires that the user select [File > Page Setup] from the menu
> bar and make some change in the setup window.  That forces the creation
> of printer preference variables.  Then, even if the change is reversed,
> the preference variables for the printer remain in about:config.
>
> I had never gone to [File > Page Setup] before now.  I noticed that the
> preference variables are setup only for my default printer.

And if you get a new printer, the old lines will remain in prefs.js!!!
0
Peter
9/8/2014 1:01:01 AM
On 09/07/2014 07:27 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 9/7/2014 4:04 PM, Ron K. wrote:
>> Tiger wrote on 9/7/2014 5:49 PM:
>>> When printing email messages I often find myself having to enable the
>>> following in the "Print" window (which by default is disabled):
>>>
>>> Appearance:   [ ] Print background colors
>>>                 [ ] Print background images
>>>

>>> Is it possible to have these two *enabled* by default instead? I
>>> couldn't find anything relevant in the config file
>>> (Preferences-Advanced-General-Config editor).
>>> I'm using TB 31.1.0. on the Mac platform.
>>
>> Seems there is no default template config.  When a printer is setup for
>> TB printing there are user set pref generated. From my prefs:
>> print.printer_hp_deskjet_940c.print_bgcolor;false
>> print.printer_hp_deskjet_940c.print_bgimages;false
>>
>> Double click on a highlighted pref will toggle the true/false for that
>> printer setup.  This will then be your default for future jobs with that
>> printer driver setup, where TB will tell the driver how to do the print job.
>>

> While there are many preference variables for my HP 1215 Laser Jet
> printer (as well as for other print tools in my configuration) in
> SeaMonkey, there are none for Thunderbird.  Indeed, there are NO
> print.printer variables in Thunderbird.  Nevertheless, I can print from
> Thunderbird.

I also have no print.printer strings in Thunderbird. Not using Seamonkey
just Thunderbird. In Ubuntu.

--
Caver1
0
On 09/08/2014 01:12 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 9/7/2014 8:10 PM, Caver1 wrote:

>>> Aha!  It requires that the user select [File > Page Setup] from the menu
>>> bar and make some change in the setup window.  That forces the creation
>>> of printer preference variables.  Then, even if the change is reversed,
>>> the preference variables for the printer remain in about:config.
>>>
>>> I had never gone to [File > Page Setup] before now.  I noticed that the
>>> preference variables are setup only for my default printer.
>>>

>> I have never looked at the Page Setup option either. So I tried what you
>> did. No change in TB's config editor. Restarted TB and still no
>> print.printer strings. I do have a print.printer_lists with no value
>> setting.
>>

> I'm not familiar with running Mozilla-based applications under Linux.
> Do you have a default printer specified (not for Thunderbird but for
> Linux)?

Yes. All programs even Thunderbird sees the printer and prints with no
problem. ??

--
Caver1
0
On 09/09/2014 14:39, Eckard wrote:
> Le 09/09/2014 14:06, Tiger a écrit :

>> That's very strange that it doesn't work like that here and that those
>> parameters aren't even available.

> Sorry, my fault!
> The options are named:
>
> print.print_bgcolor
> print.print_bgimages
>
> Maybe yours are a bit different, somewhat like
> print.printer_hp_deskjet_940c.print_bgcolor
>
> Did you make a search in the config editor for "bgcolor" or "bgimages"?

I actually first searched for "print.print", but there's no such thing
as "bgcolor" or "bgimages" there. I even searched for those terms
specifically.
I'm beginning to wonder if the config file is messed up. Is there a way
to reset it but without losing all my email account setup, mailboxes,
filters etc?

0
Tiger
9/9/2014 1:01:01 AM
On 09/09/2014 05:38, Trane Francks wrote:
> On 9/8/14 4:59 PM, Tiger wrote:

>> Are any of your using the Mac version of TB? Perhaps these are Mac
>> specific bugs.

> I have yet to print anything with TB (I used SeaMonkey until very
> recently). As such, my profile doesn't have any printer-specific
> settings despite me being on Lion.

Me neither, but I use it a lot to "print" PDF documents.
I've even assigned a keyboard shortcut (CMD-P) for this, universally in
OSX, so whenever I want to make a PDF printout I just press CMD-P, CMD-P.

But it's frustrating that I always have to enable the background
color/background images options first.

0
Tiger
9/9/2014 1:01:01 AM
*-* On Mon, 08 Sep 2014, at 09:59:35 +0200,
*-* In Article <UJqdnfxSAft1_JDJnZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@mozilla.org>,
*-* Tiger wrote
*-* About Re: Enabling printing "Appearance" features by default

          [ ... ]

> Are any of your using the Mac version of TB? Perhaps these are Mac
> specific bugs. I've also always wondered why the development team
> could never make a preview of what you print available (in both TB
> and FF) which is pretty standard with Mac apps.

     I don't know why there is (apparently) no print preview option
available in the Mac versions, but Windows versions (of both TB and
FF) include a print preview option.  In TB it's greyed out if there is
no message/post open, and it's not available in the "Write" window.

                                        Ken Whiton
--
    FIDO: 1:132/152
Ken
Le 08/09/2014 09:59, Tiger a écrit :

> Are any of your using the Mac version of TB? Perhaps these are Mac
> specific bugs. I've also always wondered why the development team could
> never make a preview of what you print available (in both TB and FF)
> which is pretty standard with Mac apps.

I'm using an old Epson printer with my Mac and these are the
corresponding options I found in my Thunderbird config editor :

print.printer_bgcolor
print.printer_bgimages

If I set both of them to "true", the corresponding options in the
printer window will be checked and stay so even after a Thunderbird
restart when I want to print the next time, unless I change their values
in the config editor.

Regarding the preview you're right that there is no preview available in
the print window for Thunderbird and Firefox, in contrary to other
applications on Mac.
As a workaround you may click on the "PDF" button in the print window
and choose "Open PDF in Preview" which provides a preview of the message
before printing.
0
Eckard
9/9/2014 1:01:01 AM
On 09/09/2014 13:46, Eckard wrote:
> Le 08/09/2014 09:59, Tiger a écrit :
>

>> Are any of your using the Mac version of TB? Perhaps these are Mac
>> specific bugs.

> I'm using an old Epson printer with my Mac and these are the
> corresponding options I found in my Thunderbird config editor :
>
> print.printer_bgcolor
> print.printer_bgimages
>
> If I set both of them to "true", the corresponding options in the
> printer window will be checked and stay so even after a Thunderbird
> restart when I want to print the next time, unless I change their values
> in the config editor.

That's very strange that it doesn't work like that here and that those
parameters aren't even available.
I just tried entering the above options in the config editor (by
right-clicking, then selecting "New"-"Boolean". Still made no
difference. I also tried to quit and restart TB. Nothing.

> Regarding the preview you're right that there is no preview available in
> the print window for Thunderbird and Firefox, in contrary to other
> applications on Mac.
> As a workaround you may click on the "PDF" button in the print window
> and choose "Open PDF in Preview" which provides a preview of the message
> before printing.

Yes, I know. I just wish they'd tried to make it a little more Mac-like
during all these years. Looks like the Mozilla teams isn't prioritizing
this even though IMHO there are some serious problems in that part of
the software (often, when I "print" PDF from websites they don't come
out right in Firefox, so I have to open the same page up in Safari where
they look just right. I assume TB and FF uses the same "print" code in
their various software.
0
Tiger

On 10/09/2014 06:48, John Kaufmann wrote:
> In message of 2014-0909 18:52 -0500, Tiger wrote:

>> I actually first searched for "print.print", but there's no such thing
>> as "bgcolor" or "bgimages" there.

> Do you have a "print.print_printer" defined?  Do you have /any/ printer
> ("print.printer."(...)) defined?  If not, there will be no
> bgcolor/bgimages.  There are no bgcolor/bgimages among the "print.print"
> parameters, because those parameters are oriented to the paper, not the
> printer.

No, the word "printer" isn't found at all in my config file.
There are several "print.print" lines (about 15 of them) though:

print.print.edge_bottom
print.print.edge_left
print.print.footercenter
print.print.edge_bottom
print.print.headerright

.... and so on.
0
Tiger
9/10/2014 1:01:01 AM
On 10/09/2014 10:54, Eckard wrote:

> You should also verify whether you see the following options:
> print.save_print_settings = true
> print.use_global-printsettings = true

Wow, it works!
I first got it working by entering the lines you mentioned (I believe
one of them was already there though), then to make it more tidy (to
easily see what my custom settings are) I decided to put it into the
"user.js" pref file instead.

As things got a bit messy and confusing I first disabled "user.js" (by
renaming it) so as not to confuse things further.
Then I opened the "prefs.js" file in a text editor and deleted *all* the
lines except for the ones starting with "mail." (so my email account
info wouldn't disappear).
I then restarted TB which obviously rewrote the pref file with whatever
I had deleted, using its default values I believe, and also adding
whatever changes I made by enabling/disabling etc. features within the
preference menus.
Still no trace of the "bgcolor" and "bgimages" lines though, not even
after playing around with the printer setup menu settings.

Next I enabled "user.js" (by renaming it back to its original name) and
entered the following lines:

user_pref("print.print_bgcolor", true);
user_pref("print.print_bgimages", true);

So now, whenever I decide to print something the "print background
colors" and "print background images" options are turned on by default!

NOTE: before editing any of the preference files in a text editor I quit
TB (so as not to have TB write its settings to the file simultaneously).

0
Tiger
9/10/2014 1:01:01 AM
On 9/10/2014 1:54 AM, Eckard wrote [in part]:

> You should also verify whether you see the following options:
> print.save_print_settings = true
> print.use_global-printsettings = true

Those are the default settings, at least in Thunderbird for Windows.
Either the defaults changed from one version of Thunderbird to another,
or they were changed by users who now cannot make print settings stick.

In my configuration, I have the default settings.  I never changed them
to be the current defaults.  If I had changed them, it would have been
through annotated entries for them in my user.js file, which I do not
have.  Thus, I must conclude that the defaults never changed between
Thunderbird versions.

--

Le 10/09/2014 07:09, Tiger a écrit :
> On 10/09/2014 06:48, John Kaufmann wrote:
>> In message of 2014-0909 18:52 -0500, Tiger wrote:
>
>>> I actually first searched for "print.print", but there's no such thing
>>> as "bgcolor" or "bgimages" there.
>
>> Do you have a "print.print_printer" defined?  Do you have /any/ printer
>> ("print.printer."(...)) defined?  If not, there will be no
>> bgcolor/bgimages.  There are no bgcolor/bgimages among the "print.print"
>> parameters, because those parameters are oriented to the paper, not the
>> printer.
>
> No, the word "printer" isn't found at all in my config file.
> There are several "print.print" lines (about 15 of them) though:
>
> print.print.edge_bottom
> print.print.edge_left
> print.print.footercenter
> print.print.edge_bottom
> print.print.headerright
>
> ... and so on.

I don't have any "print.print_printer" defined in any of my TB profiles.

I just verified the print.print.xxxx options in the config editor of one
of my TB *test profiles* in which I've never printed before.
As a matter of fact, there were neither a print.print_bgcolors nor a
print.print_bgimages option.

After a print test with "Print Background Colors" and "Print Background
Images" checked, neither of the options were memorized or appeared in
the config editor.
So I manually added both options by R-click -> New -> Boolean and set
their values to "true".
Now the "background" options are permanently memorized for the print
window, whether I toggle the values from true to false or vice versa.

My working profile is very old but I'm sure I never manually added any
print.print.xxx options in the config editor in the past, and I have no
idea how they got there ;)

You should also verify whether you see the following options:
print.save_print_settings = true
print.use_global-printsettings = true

0
Eckard
9/10/2014 1:01:01 AM
In message of 2014-0909 18:52 -0500, Tiger wrote:

>>> That's very strange that it doesn't work like that here and that
>>> those parameters aren't even available.

>> Maybe yours are a bit different, somewhat like
>> print.printer_hp_deskjet_940c.print_bgcolor
>>
>> Did you make a search in the config editor for "bgcolor" or "bgimages"?
>
> I actually first searched for "print.print", but there's no such thing
> as "bgcolor" or "bgimages" there. I even searched for those terms
> specifically. I'm beginning to wonder if the config file is messed up.

Do you have a "print.print_printer" defined?  Do you have /any/ printer
("print.printer."(...)) defined?  If not, there will be no
bgcolor/bgimages.  There are no bgcolor/bgimages among the "print.print"
parameters, because those parameters are oriented to the paper, not the
printer.
--
John
0
John

no "enable editing" "enable deleting" "enable updating"
In my visual studio 2005 beta1,there is no "enable editing", "enable deleting", "enable updating"options. why? is the vision wrong??thanks! Which control are you talking about?/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog "gridview" control!! I have, so you should also have it if you create a data source for the GridView control in the design view and make sure you have specified the Insert and Update Command for the DataSource. You can also add a CommandField to the GridView columns <asp:CommandFi...

"Print Preview" and "Print" command
Name: Jaime Rivera Email: jerdcatmsndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: "Print Preview" and "Print" command Comments: When I try to print preview an email page it loads BLANK. Also it prints BLANK. Please help me or show me how to print email pages. It used to work fine before I updated to the last release 10. Thank you! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but...

Printing options for "txt" Emails: No "print selection", "print pages X to Y" ??
Hi. NTS told me, that for TEXT only emails it is not possible, to get the same "print..." dialog, as it's available for HTML formatted email: - Printing selected text - Printing a page range I was advised, to place an enhancement request (done). It's hard to believe, that there really isn't some work around to print just parts of TEXT emails, or a page range?? Regards, Rudi. Rudolf, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem...

different between kernel "Trace","pae" and "default"
I want to know the differences among them. When I instlled opensuse, it uses pae as kernel. After I run "install software", it prompts me to restart system to enable new kernel. When I choose "default kernel" not "pae kernel", it can not display X-windows GUI but only text mode. But if I choose "trace kernel", I can log on X-window like "pae kernel". I couldn't find any differences between them. -- nAthrun ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nAthrun wrote: > > I wan...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Print "button" and print defaults
I've Back/Forward/Reload/Stop (with words, cannot figure out how to get images only) to the left of the address, then Print to the right. How do I relocate the Print selection to the left with the other buttons? No matter what I do, my print default changes to Letter vs Legal as I use and leave it. Is there a way to make Legal sticky? Thanks, George ...

Right-click-"Print", and Print only "Selected Text"
Name: jesse Email: jesse76eratgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Right-click-"Print", and Print only "Selected Text" Comments: I find myself using Firefox more often, but a few basic features are not there that I find very useful... - Right-click then "Print" - print "selected text only" - select word "search web" for that word - select word - right click find similar to Ctrl+F --thanks, jesse Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7 ...

Difference between "Read Only" and "Enable"
Hi there!!! I just want to ask one question about property box If i have a textBox.... i have a property "Read Only" and "Enable" I can not see crucial difference an in both cases and users will not be allowd to type on them so can you explain to me what is the difference and what if i choose one or the other how the behaviour will be changed Thank you for reading this message !!!Fadil Alnassar www.fadilalnassar.com | FREE Nodil Tab Controlhttp://www.mefranchising.com To behaviour there is no difference ... But how it is displayed in your browser will be di...

FK "feature" or "bug"?
SQL Anywhere 10.0.0.2814 I ran the following statement in ISQL: ALTER TABLE app_owner.contact_note ADD FOREIGN KEY fk_conform_contact_format(tabctrl_code, conform_code) REFERENCES conform_contact_format(tabctrl_code, conform_code); The column name "conform_code" was not a column in the contact_note table. (My mistake.) The statement ran successfully, added the column conform_code with null values. I was a little surprised and don't see anything in the docs. Just asking... Bill I believe the behaviour is expected. From the 10.0.0 docs, under CREATE T...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox
Name: ets3rodamar@hotmail.com Email: ets3rodamarathotmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox Comments: I received the following info when I tried to access the "Help Central" service of "Windows Live" "http://g.live.com/9uxp9en-us/ftr2?productkey=wlhomepage"...: https://account.live.com/error.aspx?errcode=1047&mkt=de-de [quote] Browser wird nicht unterstützt Versuchen Sie, Ihren Browser auf eine neuere Version zu aktualisieren, um sich be...

"Save all" "Detach all" and "Delete all" always appear greyed out
Something went wrong with my TB and suddenly a couple of attachment-related options always appear greyed out when I read an email with an attachment! "Save all" "Detach all" and "Delete all" I am sure I have used these in the past. Either an update or an addon must have screwed things up. Any sugesstions? -- Rahul Rahul wrote, On Saturday 07 February 2009 02:57 AM: > Something went wrong with my TB and suddenly a couple of attachment-related > options always appear greyed out when I read an email with an attachment! > > "...

Enable "Print Selection" in Print Preview
It would be incredibly useful if "Print Selection" in Print Preview was an option. I want to print out just a part of a web page almost all the time so the Print Preview of the full page isn't much use. Are there any workarounds inside Firefox? Can I donate towards this function? Thanks a mil, Ian Browser Details - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv: 1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13 ...

Web resources about - Enabling printing "Appearance" features by default - mozilla.support.thunderbird