Embed Thunderbird in a Windows Program? (Or control it from the same.)

I hope this is the right forum; if not, please direct me to someplace
more appropriate.

I'm writing a Windows-based program (in Delphi, in case it makes a
difference), and I would like it to display emails to the user.  I've
searched a lot and haven't found info on how I can use Thunderbird for
this purpose.  Ideally, I'd like one of two things:

  1) Embed Thunderbird in my program (via OLE, an ActiveX control, or
something similar) and have the email appear to the user directly in
the program.  From what I've seen, I don't think this is feasable, but
it would the happiest outcome for me.

  2) Control Thunderbird remotely, via DDE, OLE, or COM, and tell it
to open files of my choosing.  It would also be nice if I could close
the email when I'm done with it.  This looks like it should be
possible--I see occasional mention of DDE and OLE with respect to
Thunderbird online--but I can't find any documentation on what exact
communication channels Thunderbird supports.

I can just call Thunderbird with the file on the command line, but to
do that, I need to know where it's installed, which can vary from
computer to computer.  (I could trawl through the start menu looking
for it, I suppose, but that starts to feel very hackish.)  I'd prefer
a method that lets me trade on the IPC options available in Windows
and, ideally, lets me display the emails directly in my application.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
0
Phil

Web resources about - Embed Thunderbird in a Windows Program? (Or control it from the same.) - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Mozilla Thunderbird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
open source , cross-platform email and news client developed by the Mozilla Foundation . The project strategy is modeled after Mozilla Firefox ...

Edit Logo - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

bixi-bicycle-20120208-thunderbird-toronto-workweek-010.jpg - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore roland's photos on Flickr. roland has uploaded 143376 photos to Flickr.

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Melbourne Cup: Thunderbird One - the last of the dreamers
Francis Finnegan admits it's a bit of a worry that Thunderbird One, the horse he and wife Samantha took on as a baby and love to bits, has been ...

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.