Email gets a send error but still goes into Sent folder. Sometimes successfully sends and sometimes doesn't

The error message we recieve sometimes on an employee's computer when sendi=
ng mail reads "An error occured while sending mail. The mail server respond=
ed: Resources temporarily unavailable - Please try again later. Please chec=
k the message and try again"

Thunderbird then proceeds to put the message in the Sent folder after hitti=
ng OK, defeating the purpose of the error in my opinion.

Whether or not it successfully sends is completely unknown to us unless the=
 person replies or the person it was emailed to is within our office; howev=
er, when sending the email to our office employees it will be resent multip=
le times, but the recipient only recieves some of the copies that were sent=
.. Just recently we sent one and sent it again and the person it was sent to=
 only got one of them and its been hours since they were initially sent.

Admittedly there are 4 different yahoo mail accounts, with our business dom=
ain that we pay yahoo for, attached to their computer through thunderbird, =
but I do not see how that could be causing the problem, though I figure men=
tioning this detail may trigger someone to know what is going on.
0
austiniusmaximus

austiniusmaximus@gmail.com wrote:
> The error message we recieve sometimes on an employee's computer when
> sending mail reads "An error occured while sending mail. The mail
> server responded: Resources temporarily unavailable - Please try
> again later. Please check the message and try again"
>
> Thunderbird then proceeds to put the message in the Sent folder after
> hitting OK, defeating the purpose of the error in my opinion.
>
> Whether or not it successfully sends is completely unknown to us
> unless the person replies or the person it was emailed to is within
> our office; however, when sending the email to our office employees
> it will be resent multiple times, but the recipient only recieves
> some of the copies that were sent. Just recently we sent one and sent
> it again and the person it was sent to only got one of them and its
> been hours since they were initially sent.
>
> Admittedly there are 4 different yahoo mail accounts, with our
> business domain that we pay yahoo for, attached to their computer
> through thunderbird, but I do not see how that could be causing the
> problem, though I figure mentioning this detail may trigger someone
> to know what is going on.

In a correctly working but imperfect world, the closure of the
compose/write process and the engagement of the client/server
transacting would 'position' the copy of the mail into the Outbox.

A mail account for Tb does not have an Outbox like OE, but there /is/ an
outbox in the Local folders, ostensibly for functioning when Tb is offline.

To me, trouble completing the transaction with the server is something
like trying to mail something while offline, so the mail would be in the
outbox if it isn't being composed any longer and it hasn't satisfied the
criteria/condition of having been successfully sent.

I can imagine a condition in which the status of a mail is in this
outbox position and the alert goes up about resources or the server or
whatever during which alert Tb and the server manage to satisfactorily
engage and transact and the message is successfully sent and
transitioned from outbox to Sent.

Thus you would have both an alert of 'try again later' and a successful
sent.  Under my scenario, all messages not successfully sent would be in
the outbox (not sent) and all messages successfully sent would be in the
Sent (and not outbox).

There would be no ambiguity or uncertainty of successfully sent or not
simply because there occurred a 'transient' alert about trouble with
resources or the server or try again later.

But I don't know if it really works that way for Tb or not.  It does for OE.

--
Mike Easter
0
On 1/15/2013 3:37 PM, austiniusmaximus@gmail.com wrote:
> The error message we recieve sometimes on an employee's computer when sending mail reads "An error occured while sending mail. The mail server responded: Resources temporarily unavailable - Please try again later. Please check the message and try again"
>
> Thunderbird then proceeds to put the message in the Sent folder after hitting OK, defeating the purpose of the error in my opinion.
>
> Whether or not it successfully sends is completely unknown to us unless the person replies or the person it was emailed to is within our office; however, when sending the email to our office employees it will be resent multiple times, but the recipient only recieves some of the copies that were sent. Just recently we sent one and sent it again and the person it was sent to only got one of them and its been hours since they were initially sent.
>
> Admittedly there are 4 different yahoo mail accounts, with our business domain that we pay yahoo for, attached to their computer through thunderbird, but I do not see how that could be causing the problem, though I figure mentioning this detail may trigger someone to know what is going on.

I have the same problem at home with my DSL POP mail account for months now.
Happens every so often...When I see it, I go into the sent folder and
send it again and for whatever reason, it always goes the second time.

I have considered the SMTP settings but since it works 99% of the time,
I have no answers.
0
responder
1/17/2013 1:46:57 AM
On 1/16/2013 7:46 PM, responder wrote:
> On 1/15/2013 3:37 PM, austiniusmaximus@gmail.com wrote:
>> The error message we recieve sometimes on an employee's computer when
>> sending mail reads "An error occured while sending mail. The mail
>> server responded: Resources temporarily unavailable - Please try again
>> later. Please check the message and try again"
>>
>> Thunderbird then proceeds to put the message in the Sent folder after
>> hitting OK, defeating the purpose of the error in my opinion.
>>
>> Whether or not it successfully sends is completely unknown to us
>> unless the person replies or the person it was emailed to is within
>> our office; however, when sending the email to our office employees it
>> will be resent multiple times, but the recipient only recieves some of
>> the copies that were sent. Just recently we sent one and sent it again
>> and the person it was sent to only got one of them and its been hours
>> since they were initially sent.
>>
>> Admittedly there are 4 different yahoo mail accounts, with our
>> business domain that we pay yahoo for, attached to their computer
>> through thunderbird, but I do not see how that could be causing the
>> problem, though I figure mentioning this detail may trigger someone to
>> know what is going on.
>>

> I have the same problem at home with my DSL POP mail account for months
> now.
> Happens every so often...When I see it, I go into the sent folder and
> send it again and for whatever reason, it always goes the second time.
>
> I have considered the SMTP settings but since it works 99% of the time,
> I have no answers.

The case of POP and IMAP, and the 'sent' folder is quite different.
Normally, POP setup sends the 'sent' data to the server, and then saves
that data locally, to a folder.  IMAP, on the other hand, sends BOTH to
the server, and then the server sends the data back to the client, which
saves it locally (if it is set up that way).  Obviously, something can
go wrong with any part of either setup, but more likely to happen, in my
experience, with IMAP.  If something can go wrong, it will.

0
Ron
1/17/2013 8:37:32 AM
On 1/15/2013 3:37 PM, austiniusmaximus@gmail.com wrote:
> The error message we recieve sometimes on an employee's computer when sending mail reads "An error occured while sending mail. The mail server responded: Resources temporarily unavailable - Please try again later. Please check the message and try again"
>
> Thunderbird then proceeds to put the message in the Sent folder after hitting OK, defeating the purpose of the error in my opinion.
>
> Whether or not it successfully sends is completely unknown to us unless the person replies or the person it was emailed to is within our office; however, when sending the email to our office employees it will be resent multiple times, but the recipient only recieves some of the copies that were sent. Just recently we sent one and sent it again and the person it was sent to only got one of them and its been hours since they were initially sent.
>
> Admittedly there are 4 different yahoo mail accounts, with our business domain that we pay yahoo for, attached to their computer through thunderbird, but I do not see how that could be causing the problem, though I figure mentioning this detail may trigger someone to know what is going on.

When I get that error, it's always because my Carbonite online backup
program has temporarily locked the Sent file while backing it up. The
email HAS gone through, but there's no record of it in the Sent file.
0
Restorm

WindowsApplication can send email,but WebApplication can't send,and don't show error.
WindowsApplication can send email,but WebApplication can't send,and don't show error. this is code Dim strBody As String = "This is the body..." Dim OLApp As New outlook.Application() Dim msg As outlook.MailItem msg = OLApp.CreateItem(outlook.OlItemType.olMailItem) msg.To = "sbzhong@cclmotors.com" msg.Subject = "Automated e-mail" msg.Body = strBody CType(msg, outlook._MailItem).Send() ...

There was an error sending mail from 'bugzilla maintainer email' to 'bugzilla user email': Couldn't connect to email.company.com
hi, when users submit new tickets, they receive the this error: There was an error sending mail from 'bugzilla maintainer email' to 'bugzilla user email': Couldn't connect to email.company.com Traceback: at Bugzilla/Mailer.pm line 190 Bugzilla::Mailer::MessageToMTA(...) called at Bugzilla/BugMail.pm line 370 Bugzilla::BugMail::sendMail(...) called at Bugzilla/BugMail.pm line 272 Bugzilla::BugMail::Send(...) called at /srv/www/htdocs/bugzilla/post_bug.cgi line 226 We are running bugzilla version 4.2.1 on Linux using smtp settings with authenticated user ...

C# email form doesn't send email, but no compilation errors
I'm trying to get an email form to work.  It is a feedback form.  I wrote it in C#. The existing code returns no compilation errors and appears to work, but the email never gets delivered.  Is there something simple I'm forgetting about?  The email is a godaddy account.  I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but godaddy didn't help me at all so now I'm at a loss on what to do next. <%@ Page Language="C#" Explicit="true" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" %><%@ Import NameSpace="System....

Sometimes can't send email
Seamonkey 2.9 When I try to send an email I get an error box that says "Sending of Message failed, please verify that your mail and newsgroups account settings are correct and try again." Behind that box is another box that says "Status: Assembling Mail Information......." If I pick an old email that has attachments, and I click on Attachments -> Detach All, then I can send a few emails before the problem reappears. I have deleted the smtp and reset it. I have deleted the account and reset it. I have re-installed Seamonkey in the same direct...

sendAsync email with 'sending email' screen and 'email sent' screen
hi i have written my first sendAsync contact form that sends me an email and it works fine. and when the sendCompletedCallback event is fired the contact form is set to display:none and screen is shown that says message sent. i am planning on adding an intermediate 'sending email' screen. is this a good idea is it necacery? can this only be done by calling a javascript function from the form's button's onclick event handler? or can it be done in the code behind by sending a response to the submitted form straight away before it is processed and then sending another when the e...

TB sometimes doesn't send mail immediately
I have at least two accounts, for which I find that TB version 2.0.0.23 (20090812), MacosX 1.5.8 intermittently does not send mail immediately, but simply puts it into the outbox. I then sometimes don't realize it hasn't been sent for some hours. This is not an online/offline thing as TB is online all that time. I checked but could not find a setting, but then in about half thecases mail is sent immediately, so it's not a either/or.. I suspect that TB is running out of some resource or maybe gets an error (EAGAIN?) when trying to get a connection or such, but where c...

Send Page/Send Link still doesn't spawn default mail program
Why does Send Page/Send Link always send with Mozilla Mail? It even messes up Internet Explorer's Send Page/Send Link options when Mozilla is open. What gives? Can't this use the default mail program like Internet Explorer does? Scott Solko wrote: > Why does Send Page/Send Link always send with Mozilla Mail? Actually Send Page only works with Mozilla Mail; there are ways to get Send Link to work with other mail clients. This is the only problem I see with an application suite like Mozilla. If this is an issue for you, try Firebird. Scott Solko wrote: ...

i am sending mail on our company id send successfully send but if i am sending any gmail and yahoo id i get error in asp.net 1.1
i am sending mail on our company id successfully send but if i am sending email any gmail and yahoo id i get bello error: in asp.net 1.1       Server Error in '/WebApplication1' Application. The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x80040217. The server response was not available Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServ...

FATAL ERROR: DotNetNuke.com doesn't send emails
No new users can sign up and download the code. When I registered at dotnetnuke.com the request timed out. Then it gave the message that I need to enter the validation code. Ofcourse no mail arrived. I've now tried four times, sometimes it times out, sometimes not (but it takes like 60 sec). I still never get a mail. I've mailed the author, perhaps he reads here too... Everything I ever needed to know I learned by killing smart people and eating their brains. http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=682179ChrisHammond.comEngage Software...

Can't send Email to somebody@sina.com sometimes.
System.Web.Mail.MailMessage mailMessage = new System.Web.Mail.MailMessage(); mailMessage.From = "someone@example.com"; mailMessage.To = "someone@example.com";//this 22897@sina.com can't be send sometimes mailMessage.Subject = "Email Subject"; mailMessage.BodyFormat = System.Web.Mail.MailFormat.Text; // TODO: Set the mailMessage.Body property System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "localhost"; System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(mailMessage); Have u tried to send to someone else ? Did it work ? Regards.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCP...

can't send email from thunderbird anymore DNS error
Help! I'm afraid i have gotten in way over my head. After trying to network a WinXP box and my trusty 11.2 box (no luck so far....,) my thunderbird will receive mail but not send. I get the following error: Technical details of permanent failure: DNS Error: Misformatted domain name The problem is that I don't have a clue how to fix a misformatted domain name! I tried Yast>DNS Server, but I don't know enough to use it. I don't want to mess my system even worse than it is. Thanks in advance for any direction anyone may give. BTW: I am having a lot of fun...

CTRL-SHIFT-T...sometimes works, sometimes doesn't
I'm getting used to my laptop and am now trying to learn/use keyboard shortcuts. Any suggestions why this happens? CTRL-SHIFT-T...sometimes works, sometimes doesn't to Get Mail ...Lisa using TB 2.0.0.6, Vista This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------090801060900030905010002 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Lisa Hetherington wrote: > I'm getting used to my laptop and am now trying to learn/use keyboard > shortcuts. > > Any suggestions why this happens? > > CT...

Uploaded file doesn't get removed from server after sending email
Hello! After I upload a file to be sent as attachment, I want to be able to delete this file from the server.  I am using file.delete(filelocation), but it's working. Any help appreciated. James   PS: I am using asp.net 2.0 and vb.net  Please show some code.-- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you -- I got it to work..Had to dispose of message.  Thanks though!! James...

A problem to send email using Smtp
I have a proble to send an email from asp.net I do the following code to send an email: MailMessage mail=new MailMessage(); mail.From="test@server.com"; mail.To="myemailaddress@server.com"; mail.BodyFormat=MailFormat.Html; mail.Subject="testing..."; mail.Body="cool"; SmtpMail.SmtpServer="localhost"; SmtpMail.Send(mail); But I dont' receive an email when I use this method. Why is that? How can I send an email? Thanks in advance! check and see if.. -your client-side code has no errors -you imported the S...

Web resources about - Email gets a send error but still goes into Sent folder. Sometimes successfully sends and sometimes doesn't - mozilla.support.thunderbird

How NARR8 Successfully Launched On Facebook
I work with NARR8 , a free-to-use application and digital publisher of interactive eBooks. Last month, NARR8 launched its extensive catalog of ...

Goal Setting: Ultimate Guide to Setting Goals Successfully on the App Store on iTunes
Get Goal Setting: Ultimate Guide to Setting Goals Successfully on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

[LIVE TRADE] How To Trade Binary Options Successfully - Binary Options Signals - YouTube
Show you how to trade binary options successfully with binary options trading signals that you can download http://goo.gl/wqepHL It's actually ...

Third time's a charm: SpaceX successfully launches new probe after two failed attempts
A new probe that will observe and examine space storms has been successfully launched after two previous failed attempts.

Lauren Wells successfully appeals disqualification from world championships
Canberra athlete was disqualified during the 400-metre heats at the world athletics championships in Beijing.

Lauren Wells successfully appeals disqualification from world championships
Canberra athlete was disqualified during the 400-metre heats at the world athletics championships in Beijing.

S. Korea successfully launches satellite
SOUTH Korea has succeeded in its third attempt to launch a satellite into orbit, meeting a high-stakes challenge to national pride a month after ...

Vein grown from stem cells successfully implanted into 10-year-old girl in Sweden
DOCTORS in Sweden successfully replaced a potentially-fatal blocked vein in a 10-year-old girl with one grown from her own stem cells, according ...

Military rocket successfully launched in US
A United Launch Alliance Delta 4 rocket has successfully lifted off from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.

NASA's Orion successfully completes historic test flight
A NASA spacecraft designed to one day fly astronauts to Mars has made a near-bullseye splashdown in the Pacific Ocean, wrapping up a flawless, ...