Effectively install server certificates

Hi all,

(I am about to ask a question about self-signed certificates and I want
to be very clear that it is for connecting Thunderbird to a POP3 server
that would exclusively run on the user's computer.  I clarify this
because many people blindly answer "don't do self-signed certificates
because LetsEncrypt is free" but that doesn't help for connections where
the "server" runs on the client machine.)

Right now, my install script uses certutil to import the certificate to
every thunderbird profile that the user has:

    for certDB in $(find "$HOME/.thunderbird" "$HOME/.icedove" -name "cert8.db")
    do
        certDir=$(dirname "$certDB")
        certutil -A -n "$certName" -t "C,," -i "$cert" -d "$certDir" done
    done

I based that on a stack overflow answer, but it seems fragile to me.  Is
there any way to use certutil to install a such a certificate authority
for Thunderbird, but system-wide instead of profile specific?

Ryan
0
Ryan
1/9/2018 5:23:51 AM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22279 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow