Delete Selected message or folder: How to make icon red?

Using 64-bit Linux Tbird 52.6 for email, I would like to change the black

    'Delete Selected message or folder'

icon to red. How does one do that, please?

--
/\/\aurice
Maurice

On 04/05/2018 06:50 AM, Maurice wrote:
> Using 64-bit Linux Tbird 52.6 for email, I would like to change the black
>
>      'Delete Selected message or folder'
>
> icon to red. How does one do that, please?

I've done it but my way is kinda complex, if I'm right, and this is what
you want to do, then it's your only way around.

I have the appearance theme add-on Walnut.  I just opened the xpi in
extensions folder in the profile with the archive mgr and then through
hit and miss found in the messenger sub folder a primary_toolbar.png.
It is a collection of all the icons that could be used and the trashcan
was one of them.  I just edited the image in Gimp and changed it to a
red X.   Worked like a charm.   But it was a trial by error since I
didn't look at source code or use any kind of tool to find the resource
on the first try.  More of a educated guess method.

Anyway, that's what I did.
0
Big
4/5/2018 1:07:12 PM
On 2018-04-05 06:50, Maurice <maurice@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> Using 64-bit Linux Tbird 52.6 for email, I would like to change the black
>
>      'Delete Selected message or folder'
>
> icon to red. How does one do that, please?

You could use a theme; I use IgnoreAero, the icon's red. Look here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/complete-themes/modern

Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
oO-( )-Oo  "It is ... It is ... <sniff> ... It is green." -Data

0
B00ze
4/6/2018 2:56:42 AM
On 4/5/2018 3:50 AM, Maurice wrote:
> Using 64-bit Linux Tbird 52.6 for email, I would like to change the black
>
>     'Delete Selected message or folder'
>
> icon to red. How does one do that, please?

Another theme that has colors for icons in the tool bar is No Glass from
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/noglass/?src=api>.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

First you say you do, and then you don't.
And then you say you will, but then won't.
You're undecided now, so what're you goin' to do?
                        From a 1950s song
That should be Donald Trump's theme song.  He obviously
does not understand "commitment", whether it is about
policy or marriage.
0
David
4/6/2018 3:23:28 AM
David E. Ross wrote:
> On 4/5/2018 3:50 AM, Maurice wrote:
>> Using 64-bit Linux Tbird 52.6 for email, I would like to change the black
>>
>>      'Delete Selected message or folder'
>>
>> icon to red. How does one do that, please?
>>

> Another theme that has colors for icons in the tool bar is No Glass from
> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/noglass/?src=api>.

Not compatible with ver 60.x
0
Luis
4/6/2018 11:58:40 AM
On 04/05/2018 10:56 PM, B00ze wrote:
> On 2018-04-05 06:50, Maurice <maurice@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
>> Using 64-bit Linux Tbird 52.6 for email, I would like to change the black
>>
>>      'Delete Selected message or folder'
>>
>> icon to red. How does one do that, please?
>
> You could use a theme; I use IgnoreAero, the icon's red. Look here:
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/complete-themes/modern
>
> Regards,

Great if it weren't an outdated add-on.  Only up to TB 38.

0
Big
4/6/2018 1:29:59 PM
On 04/05/2018 09:07 AM, Big Al wrote:
> On 04/05/2018 06:50 AM, Maurice wrote:
>> Using 64-bit Linux Tbird 52.6 for email, I would like to change the black
>>
>>      'Delete Selected message or folder'
>>
>> icon to red. How does one do that, please?
>>
> I've done it but my way is kinda complex, if I'm right, and this is what
> you want to do, then it's your only way around.
>
> I have the appearance theme add-on Walnut.  I just opened the xpi in
> extensions folder in the profile with the archive mgr and then through
> hit and miss found in the messenger sub folder a primary_toolbar.png. It
> is a collection of all the icons that could be used and the trashcan was
> one of them.  I just edited the image in Gimp and changed it to a red
> X.   Worked like a charm.   But it was a trial by error since I didn't
> look at source code or use any kind of tool to find the resource on the
> first try.  More of a educated guess method.
>
> Anyway, that's what I did.
Results:  https://imgur.com/a/b9s1S
0
Big
--------------2B1C261DD68999E6A7C33834

On 4/6/18 7:58 AM, Luis wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 4/5/2018 3:50 AM, Maurice wrote:
>>> Using 64-bit Linux Tbird 52.6 for email, I would like to change the
>>> black
>>>
>>> ���� 'Delete Selected message or folder'
>>>
>>> icon to red. How does one do that, please?
>>>

>> Another theme that has colors for icons in the tool bar is No Glass from
>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/noglass/?src=api>.
>>
> Not compatible with ver 60.x

Try toggling "extensions.strictCompatibility" to false.

Options > Advanced > General Tab, click the "Config Editor..." button.

--
Best name ever! Cadet Bone Spurs
NRA = Newly Recruited Activists

--------------2B1C261DD68999E6A7C33834

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
cite="mid:mailman.122.1523015953.2177.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org">David
      E. Ross wrote:
          I would like to change the black
          ���� 'Delete Selected message or folder'
          icon to red. How does one do that, please?
        Another theme that has colors for icons in the tool bar is No
        Glass from
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/noglass/?src=api">&lt;https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/noglass/?src=api&gt;</a>.
      Not compatible with ver 60.x
        false.</font></p>
        "Config Editor..." button.</font><br>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Best name ever! Cadet Bone Spurs
NRA = Newly Recruited Activists
National Popular Vote <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/">&lt;http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/&gt;</a>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
</pre>

--------------2B1C261DD68999E6A7C33834--
0
WaltS48
4/6/2018 3:42:09 PM
On Thu, 05 Apr 2018 20:23:28 -0700, David E. Ross wrote:

> Another theme that has colors for icons in the tool bar is No Glass

Like the others, this is labelled "Not available for your platform",
and I really don't want to have to resort to toggling
"extensions.strictCompatibility" to false to allow it, in case that
causes other problems later on...

Pity, but many thanks for replies - much appreciated!

--
/\/\aurice
Maurice
On 4/6/18 5:42 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 4/6/18 7:58 AM, Luis wrote:
>> David E. Ross wrote:

>>> Another theme that has colors for icons in the tool bar is No Glass f=
rom
>>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/noglass/?src=3Dap=
i>.

>> Not compatible with ver 60.x
>=20
>=20
> Try toggling "extensions.strictCompatibility" to false.
>=20
> Options > Advanced > General Tab, click the "Config Editor..." button.
>=20
You can try, of course, but themes that aren't ready for TB60 generally=20
make a big mess of it.

0
dillinger
4/6/2018 5:25:40 PM
On 4/6/18 1:58 PM, Luis wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 4/5/2018 3:50 AM, Maurice wrote:
>>> Using 64-bit Linux Tbird 52.6 for email, I would like to change the=20
>>> black
>>>
>>> =A0=A0=A0=A0 'Delete Selected message or folder'
>>>
>>> icon to red. How does one do that, please?
>>>

>> Another theme that has colors for icons in the tool bar is No Glass fr=
om
>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/noglass/?src=3Dapi=
>.
>>
> Not compatible with ver 60.x

TB60 now supports tweaking of svg images.

Add this to your userCrome.css:

#button-mark-deleted, #hdrTrashButton {
   -moz-context-properties: fill !important;
   fill: red !important;
}

0
dillinger
4/6/2018 5:59:06 PM
On 04/06/2018 07:59 PM, dillinger wrote:
> On 4/6/18 1:58 PM, Luis wrote:
>> David E. Ross wrote:

>>> Another theme that has colors for icons in the tool bar is No Glass f=
rom
>>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/noglass/?src=3Dap=
i>.

>> Not compatible with ver 60.x
>=20
> TB60 now supports tweaking of svg images.
>=20
> Add this to your userCrome.css:
>=20
> #button-mark-deleted, #hdrTrashButton {
>  =A0 -moz-context-properties: fill !important;
>  =A0 fill: red !important;
> }

userChrome.css :)

0
dillinger
4/6/2018 7:32:46 PM
On 2018-04-06 09:29, Big Al <BigAl@invalid.com> wrote:

> On 04/05/2018 10:56 PM, B00ze wrote:
>> On 2018-04-05 06:50, Maurice <maurice@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Using 64-bit Linux Tbird 52.6 for email, I would like to change the
>>> black
>>>
>>>      'Delete Selected message or folder'
>>>
>>> icon to red. How does one do that, please?
>>
>> You could use a theme; I use IgnoreAero, the icon's red. Look here:
>>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/complete-themes/modern
>>
>> Regards,
>>
> Great if it weren't an outdated add-on.  Only up to TB 38.

Ahhhh, I didn't think of that. The Author does intend to update it, but
he works mostly on Linux nowadays and he says the basic theme on Linux
is tolerable enough that he lives with it. He's working on General-Sync
and it takes all his time. I'm still on older TB because of this theme
not working on newer TB, or because Classic-TB2 theme has a bug with the
newsfeed preview window. Both of these themes look like classic TB from
the past, with red X icon...

Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
oO-( )-Oo  10 kinds of people: those who know binary and those who dont

0
B00ze
4/7/2018 12:52:49 AM
On 4/6/18 1:15 PM, Maurice wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Apr 2018 20:23:28 -0700, David E. Ross wrote:
>
>> Another theme that has colors for icons in the tool bar is No Glass
> Like the others, this is labelled "Not available for your platform",
> and I really don't want to have to resort to toggling
> "extensions.strictCompatibility" to false to allow it, in case that
> causes other problems later on...
>
> Pity, but many thanks for replies - much appreciated!

Platform means operating system, not the version of Thunderbird.

--
Best name ever! Cadet Bone Spurs
NRA = Newly Recruited Activists
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

0
WaltS48
4/7/2018 1:36:28 AM
On Fri, 06 Apr 2018 10:08:52 -0400, Big Al wrote:

> Results:  https://imgur.com/a/b9s1S

Looks good!  If only...

--
/\/\aurice
Maurice
On Fri, 06 Apr 2018 19:59:06 +0200, dillinger wrote:

> Add this to your userCrome.css:
>
> #button-mark-deleted, #hdrTrashButton {
>    -moz-context-properties: fill !important;
>    fill: red !important;
> }

Closed Tbird, did the above, restarted Tbird:
No change I'm afraid  - Delete still black..

Regards,
--
/\/\aurice
Maurice
On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 05:49:09 -0500, Maurice wrote:

On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 05:49:09 -0500, I wrote:

> did the above

 In userChrome.css

--
/\/\aurice
Maurice
On 4/7/18 12:52 PM, Maurice wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 05:49:09 -0500, Maurice wrote:
>
> On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 05:49:09 -0500, I wrote:
>
>> did the above
>
>   In userChrome.css

You need Thunderbird 60 for this, it doesn't work with Thunderbird 52.
0
dillinger
4/7/2018 2:52:11 PM
On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 16:52:11 +0200, dillinger wrote:

> You need Thunderbird 60 for this, it doesn't work with Thunderbird 52.

  OIC.   Won't be long now!

Regards,
--
/\/\aurice