default email address for sending email

How do I set this?

Thanks

David K
melbourne.au

On 7/29/2006 3:49 PM, D Kinston wrote the following and I, Dennis Marks,
have replied at the bottom:
> How do I set this?
>
> Thanks
>
> David K
> melbourne.au

Click tools/account settings. Click the specific account in the left
pane of the new window. Fill in appropriate boxes in the right pane.

--
Dennis M. Marks

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion. I do not guarantee it. Be sure to
back up any files involved and use at your own risk. Batteries not
included. Not for internal use. Don't run with knives.
0
Dennis
7/29/2006 11:08:20 PM
On 30-07-2006 00:49 CET, D Kinston composed this enchanting statement:
> How do I set this?
>
> Thanks
>
> David K
> melbourne.au
that's in:
- for account, in Account Settings, mark and click 'default' account
button in the left pane (if you have more than one);
- for email address, see 'identities' in the default account's Account
Settings.
(See Tools menu.)

--
Kind regards,

Melchert

MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5
0
Melchert
7/29/2006 11:13:01 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I may not have explained myself clearly.

I have 6 email accounts on this computer.
All are in use, and are in fact separate.
However one of the accounts is used 90% of the time (mine).

When I click 'write' I want this particular account to be the
one that appears in the 'from' field, as default.

Changing the 'reply to' details in the other accounts is not appropriate.

Thanks for the help.

David Kinston
melbourne.au

On 31/07/2006 00:06,  D Kinston wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
> I may not have explained myself clearly.
>
> I have 6 email accounts on this computer.
> All are in use, and are in fact separate.
> However one of the accounts is used 90% of the time (mine).
>
> When I click 'write' I want this particular account to be the
> one that appears in the 'from' field, as default.
>
> Changing the 'reply to' details in the other accounts is not appropriate.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> David Kinston
> melbourne.au

You could change the 'email address' in the default identity section of
Tools | Account Settings | Account  (whatever account).  This is the
default 'From' address to use with the account.  It won't affect the
email checking since the actual account login details are in the 'server
settings' section of the account prefs.  You can also set several
different addresses for one account by clicking Manage Identities and
adding from there.

Hope this helps

0
Teester
7/30/2006 11:28:22 PM
On 07/30/2006 06:06 PM, D Kinston wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
> I may not have explained myself clearly.
>
> I have 6 email accounts on this computer.
> All are in use, and are in fact separate.
> However one of the accounts is used 90% of the time (mine).
>
> When I click 'write' I want this particular account to be the
> one that appears in the 'from' field, as default.
>
> Changing the 'reply to' details in the other accounts is not appropriate.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> David Kinston
> melbourne.au

E-mail identities and e-mail accounts are separate issues. The
first e-mail identity is the default, so change the first
e-mail identity to your desired default.

--
It's time to say goodbye to the Mork database.

0
Mumia
7/31/2006 1:14:55 AM
On 7/30/2006 4:28 PM, Teester wrote the following and I, Dennis Marks,
have replied at the bottom:
> On 31/07/2006 00:06,  D Kinston wrote:
>> Thanks for the reply.
>> I may not have explained myself clearly.
>>
>> I have 6 email accounts on this computer.
>> All are in use, and are in fact separate.
>> However one of the accounts is used 90% of the time (mine).
>>
>> When I click 'write' I want this particular account to be the
>> one that appears in the 'from' field, as default.
>>
>> Changing the 'reply to' details in the other accounts is not appropriate.
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>>
>> David Kinston
>> melbourne.au
>>

> You could change the 'email address' in the default identity section of
> Tools | Account Settings | Account  (whatever account).  This is the
> default 'From' address to use with the account.  It won't affect the
> email checking since the actual account login details are in the 'server
> settings' section of the account prefs.  You can also set several
> different addresses for one account by clicking Manage Identities and
> adding from there.
>
> Hope this helps

The default SMTP server is the first server in the list in your preferences.

--
Dennis M. Marks

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion. I do not guarantee it. Be sure to
back up any files involved and use at your own risk. Batteries not
included. Not for internal use. Don't run with knives.
0
Dennis

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/identities.html

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/identities.html

The above article should not be given to users anymore, because there is
a user-interface for multiple identity support.
<http://ilias.ca/flashback/tb-adding-identities.html>
--
Chris Ilias
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
> Melchert Fruitema wrote:
>> On 30-07-2006 00:49 CET, D Kinston composed this enchanting statement:
>>> How do I set this?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> David K
>>> melbourne.au
>> that's in:
>> - for account, in Account Settings, mark and click 'default' account
>> button in the left pane (if you have more than one);
>> - for email address, see 'identities' in the default account's
>> Account Settings.
>> (See Tools menu.)
> Thanks for the reply.
> I may not have explained myself clearly.
>
> I have 6 email accounts on this computer.
> All are in use, and are in fact separate.
> However one of the accounts is used 90% of the time (mine).
>
> When I click 'write' I want this particular account to be the
> one that appears in the 'from' field, as default.
>
> Changing the 'reply to' details in the other accounts is not appropriate.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> David Kinston
> melbourne.au
All right, I see what you would like.

The 'from:' entry selected in a compose by default depends on the
*focus* you have in the Mail & News window:
- if the focus is on a separate account, mail or news, it will take your
email address from the default identity of that account;
- if it is on Local Folders or RSS feeds, it'll take the one you want.

 From the Addressbook you will have no problem, it'll select the one you
want.

--
Kind regards,

Melchert

MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5
0
Melchert
7/31/2006 10:25:40 AM
Without Any Hesitation, Chris Ilias Wrote The Following:
> _Old Gringo_ spoke thusly on 30/07/2006 9:35 PM:
>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/identities.html
>
> The above article should not be given to users anymore, because there is
> a user-interface for multiple identity support.
> <http://ilias.ca/flashback/tb-adding-identities.html>
Thanks for the update. Appreciated.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com
0
Old

Default email address for sending emails
Hi, My default email address has been suspended, and now I need to set TB up to use a different email address as the default one for sending emails. Can you tell me where to do this? Catherine Catherine wrote, On 23/07/08 14:14: > Hi, > > My default email address has been suspended, and now I need to set TB up > to use a different email address as the default one for sending emails. > Can you tell me where to do this? > > Catherine First question , are all accounts setup to use 'Use default server' in their Account Settings > Mail accou...

Non existing email address cancels sending to other email addresses
Hello ppl.. My WebApp sends emails to a series of email addresses without any problem... the problem is that when i send a email to a series of email addresses which contains a non existing email account... the email doesn't go at all.. Do you know what's the problem and what can be the resolution? Thanks in advance Bracoute How are you running the email process? Is it running in multiple threads so that more than 1 is sending at a time? If not, this should take care of that. Perhaps checking the email addresses for validation before allowing them to be entered into the databas...

EMail address removed from address book remains when I send EMail to a list
I don't understand why I can't remove an EMail address from a mailing list. An address I removed from a mailing list remains when I send EMail to a list. Consequently unwanted mail is sent and I receive bounce messages in return - - since it is no longer valid. What is required to remove an entry from a mailing list and rely that it won't be included as if I had not removed it? -- Regards, TOM BLACKWELL TOM BLACKWELL wrote: > > I don't understand why I can't remove an EMail address from a mailing list. > > An ad...

what if email address is wrong when sending email ?
 Hi Guys, Is there any way to get error info when sending email if to or cc email address is wrong? I am using asp.net with c# and using local SMTP server. Thanks in advance. Justin  define "wrong". If you mean it's not a valid FORMAT, meaning no @ and no "." then yes... you can.If you mean that the account doesn't existing...then Nope.... you can't. You can validate the email address to make sure that it is in a valid format, but your ASP.NET application only handles sending the email to the SMTP server.  You can't get a...

Send email to each email address in database
Hi, I'm trying to write a web form which allows my client to put their raw html into a textbox and then click send and it will send the email to each individual email address in the database. I want it to send the emails individually not compile a long list of emails in BCC field so i know I'm going to need a foreach loop. Just not sure where to go from here: email.aspx Message<asp:TextBox ID="BodyTextBox" runat="server" TextMode="MultiLine" /><br /> <asp:Button ID="EmailButton" runat="server" Text="Send emai...

sending to email addresses @email.com
Hello, I am experiencing strange errors.. but only on one particular email suffix i can email any address but as soon as i get xxxxx@email.com i get an error any one had the same error ? Thanks When do you get the error? What does the error say?-- Mike PopeASP.NET User EducationThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Is it possible that you are banned or on some kind of spammer list for them?...

error sending emails with a period in email address
I'm running Groupwise 7 and using Outlook 2003 as a conduit for another program. If I send an email with a period(john.doe@comcast.net) in it through outlook or the program, it errors out with: The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following: john.oe.@comcast.net (551 not our customer) Possibly truncated original message follows: Sending it through Groupwise is fine. Any ideas? Thanks. This is a known bug with the beta version of the connector, I don't know what version of the OLC you are using, but this has been fixed in the SP1 release. O...

How to send email through the default user email client
Hi  I am still struggling with this issue: I have a list of product in my page, beside every product there is a button named 'Send to a friend' i want when a user click on that button to open his default email client and throw a link of the product into the body of the new message I am using standard 'mailto' html function, but it does not allow me to format the body of the message instaed it just throw the html code as it is. not as html i would be really appreciated if i can get any help thank s    This isn't really a asp.net issue but i foun...

Using Email Interface
Hi-- I recently set up a version of Bugzilla for my company (v 3.0.2) and I want to use the email interface so I can submit bugs via email. I know how to format an email in order to do this, but I don't know what email address to send it to. Where do I find this email address/how can I set it up? Thanks rmandal@gmail.com wrote: > Hi-- > > I recently set up a version of Bugzilla for my company (v 3.0.2) and I > want to use the email interface so I can submit bugs via email. I know > how to format an email in order to do this, but I don't know what &g...

Sending email to non-registered email addresses
Hello, I there a way to send email(add to a bug entry's cc list) to email adresses that are not registered in the bugzilla system Under Bugzilla Version 2.18rc3 Thanks -wdj On 4/22/05, Weddie Jackson <weddiedjackson@netscape.net> wrote: > I there a way to send email(add to a bug entry's cc list) to email > adresses that are not registered in the bugzilla system No. -- http://wurblzap.net/ Bugzilla hosting and professional support On 4/22/05, Weddie Jackson <weddiedjackson@netscape.net> wrote: > I there a way to send email(add to a b...

Send 1 email to 60000 email addresses
I have received a request to take a list of email addresses (about 60000) and send a message to all of them. Will GroupWise even support this? I am on GroupWise 6.5.7 (6.5.6 with Security Updates). I do not have an API gateway installed. Any ideas? Sure. Will your INTERNET connection support this? "Rhonda Richardson" <rrichardson@kcumb.edu> wrote in message news:1xZNg.3068$lb5.1592@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... >I have received a request to take a list of email addresses (about 60000) >and send a message to all of them. > > Will GroupWis...

DNN only sending email to Domain email addresses
My DNN seems to be only sending email to email addresses within my domain name. i.e. support@mydomain.com etc... I've added the admin email account to my domain, my admin account uses this email account. Only bulk email to the domain name email addresses are getting email, only password reminders are being sent to domain name email addresses. I am using the Portal Store 6.4 and If I create a customer with a email address using my domain name this customer receives confirmation of his order. However if I create a customer with an email address such as someone@yahoo.com (using a rea...

sending an email to a email address after a perl operation
Hi, I have a script named renamer.pl that takes images from a directory and renames images and stores image meta information in a mysql. i also have a script that sends an email notification when excecuted to a desired email address. is there away that i could combine the 2 scripts together, so when the meta information are inserted into MySQL, an email is sent to me. Cheers Mel ---------------------------------------emailtest.pl #!/usr/local/bin/perl use Net::SMTP; print "Content-type: text/plain", "\n\n"; my $DEBUG = 1; if($DEBUG) ...

hide email addresses from email after using smtp.send()
hello , I have some kind of subscribe feature , the emails are saved in database so am using a sqldatareader and a loop , inside loop am adding the emails with msg.to.add() , but what is happening that all the emails are being shown ( in the to place) when a subscriber receives an email , but I dont want that , cause the subscriber shall not know email addresses of other subscribers , how to fix this thing ?!? thanks alot place all the recipients on the BCC of the email. this prevents them from seeing the email of other BCC recipients  Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need...

Web resources about - default email address for sending email - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Credit default swap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sovereign credit default swap prices of selected European countries (2010-2011). The left axis is basis points, or 100ths of a percent; a level ...

INFOGRAPHIC: The History Of Facebook's Default Privacy Settings
INFOGRAPHIC: The History Of Facebook's Default Privacy Settings

Secure browsing by default
We now use https by default for all Facebook users. This feature, which we first introduced as an option two years ago , means that your browser ...

北方理財團隊的家園:http://group.hexun.com/m132312/default.html外汇交易员芬芳fenfang恭候您! - 芬芳FENFANG - 和讯博客
北方理財團隊的家園:http://group.hexun.com/m132312/default.html外汇交易员芬芳fenfang恭候您! - 芬芳FENFANG - 芬芳FENFANG的博客 - 和讯博客

Tab applications for musicians look to innovate after Facebook removes default landing function
... landing tabs. Most page applications have experienced significant drops in daily and monthly active users now that Facebook removed the default ...

Google AdWords Regional Targeting (Default for US) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Tamar Weinberg's photos on Flickr. Tamar Weinberg has uploaded 4087 photos to Flickr.

[3DS] Bravely Default: AR (English Subs) - YouTube
Turn on Annotations For Subs -May redo them as real CC subtitles- ★EDIT☆ ☆上から撮影した映像はこちら ★The top view video is here http://www.youtube.com/w ...

Default password leaves tens of thousands of Optus cable subscribers at risk
When Alex* found flaw in his cable modem that allowed anyone to receive and make calls using his number, his jaw dropped.

Atlas Iron to halve debt with refinancing that ratings agencies say is a default
Atlas Iron will almost halve its debt under a refinancing plan, which will need shareholder approval.