custom profile folder

On linux I uninstalled thunderbird, removed ~/.thunderbird and everything u=
nder it Ran apt autoremove, re-installed thunderbird Launched thunderbird -=
ProfileManager, and nothing not even a default user Good So now I wanna add=
 a profile and I name it MyProfile and choose folder ~/data/mail/.thunderbi=
rd/MyProfile I click finish; ~/.thunderbird/profiles.ini confirms there's n=
ot even a default profile, only the MyProfile profile as shown below I noti=
ce default=3D1 for MyProfile I dunno if that means MyProfile should have a =
..default extension or if it should have any extension if not that When I st=
art thunderbird my accounts and local folders don't show=20

#profiles.ini

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=3D1

[Profile0]
Name=3DMyProfile
IsRelative=3D0
Path=3D/home/fugee/data/mail/.thunderbird/MyProfile
Default=3D1
-1
fugee
12/30/2016 11:42:22 AM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 21744 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On 12/30/2016 06:42 AM, fugee ohu wrote:
> On linux I uninstalled thunderbird, removed ~/.thunderbird and everything under it Ran apt autoremove, re-installed thunderbird Launched thunderbird -ProfileManager, and nothing not even a default user Good So now I wanna add a profile and I name it MyProfile and choose folder ~/data/mail/.thunderbird/MyProfile I click finish; ~/.thunderbird/profiles.ini confirms there's not even a default profile, only the MyProfile profile as shown below I notice default=1 for MyProfile I dunno if that means MyProfile should have a .default extension or if it should have any extension if not that When I start thunderbird my accounts and local folders don't show
>
> #profiles.ini
>
> [General]
> StartWithLastProfile=1
>
> [Profile0]
> Name=MyProfile
> IsRelative=0
> Path=/home/fugee/data/mail/.thunderbird/MyProfile
> Default=1

  And profiles.ini is located where?

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/> 2,864,974 more than the winner
Ubuntu 16.04LTS

1
WaltS48
12/30/2016 5:48:01 PM
On 12/30/2016 06:42 AM, fugee ohu wrote:
> On linux I uninstalled thunderbird, removed ~/.thunderbird and everything under it Ran apt autoremove, re-installed thunderbird Launched thunderbird -ProfileManager, and nothing not even a default user Good So now I wanna add a profile and I name it MyProfile and choose folder ~/data/mail/.thunderbird/MyProfile I click finish; ~/.thunderbird/profiles.ini confirms there's not even a default profile, only the MyProfile profile as shown below I notice default=1 for MyProfile I dunno if that means MyProfile should have a .default extension or if it should have any extension if not that When I start thunderbird my accounts and local folders don't show
>
> #profiles.ini
>
> [General]
> StartWithLastProfile=1
>
> [Profile0]
> Name=MyProfile
> IsRelative=0
> Path=/home/fugee/data/mail/.thunderbird/MyProfile
> Default=1

I just created this profile as a test.

[Profile4]
Name=foldertest
IsRelative=0
Path=~/Documents
Default=1

It works just fine. My profile.ini is located in the default
...thunderbird folder in /home.

Now I'm off to delete that test profile.

☮

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/> 2,864,974 more than the winner
Ubuntu 16.04LTS

1
WaltS48
12/30/2016 6:28:39 PM
On 12/30/2016 06:42 AM, fugee ohu wrote:
> On linux I uninstalled thunderbird, removed ~/.thunderbird and everything under it Ran apt autoremove, re-installed thunderbird Launched thunderbird -ProfileManager, and nothing not even a default user Good So now I wanna add a profile and I name it MyProfile and choose folder ~/data/mail/.thunderbird/MyProfile I click finish; ~/.thunderbird/profiles.ini confirms there's not even a default profile, only the MyProfile profile as shown below I notice default=1 for MyProfile I dunno if that means MyProfile should have a .default extension or if it should have any extension if not that When I start thunderbird my accounts and local folders don't show
>
> #profiles.ini
>
> [General]
> StartWithLastProfile=1
>
> [Profile0]
> Name=MyProfile
> IsRelative=0
> Path=/home/fugee/data/mail/.thunderbird/MyProfile
> Default=1

I've made two profiles, one with all pop connections, and one with all
IMAP connections (testing the latter).    I've renamed the folders
alan.pop and alan.imap and then edited the profile.ini file to reflect
this and had no issues.   The NAME= entry is what gives it the
description of Default or MyProfile in your case.   You could change the
Name=MyProfile to Name=Default but it would not change the location or
folder name that is in Path.

1
Big
12/30/2016 6:32:56 PM
/home/fugee/.thunderbird/profiles.ini

On Friday, December 30, 2016 at 12:48:40 PM UTC-5, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 12/30/2016 06:42 AM, fugee ohu wrote:
> > On linux I uninstalled thunderbird, removed ~/.thunderbird and everythi=
ng under it Ran apt autoremove, re-installed thunderbird Launched thunderbi=
rd -ProfileManager, and nothing not even a default user Good So now I wanna=
 add a profile and I name it MyProfile and choose folder ~/data/mail/.thund=
erbird/MyProfile I click finish; ~/.thunderbird/profiles.ini confirms there=
's not even a default profile, only the MyProfile profile as shown below I =
notice default=3D1 for MyProfile I dunno if that means MyProfile should hav=
e a .default extension or if it should have any extension if not that When =
I start thunderbird my accounts and local folders don't show

> > #profiles.ini
> >
> > [General]
> > StartWithLastProfile=3D1
> >
> > [Profile0]
> > Name=3DMyProfile
> > IsRelative=3D0
> > Path=3D/home/fugee/data/mail/.thunderbird/MyProfile
> > Default=3D1
>=20
>   And profiles.ini is located where?
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Visit Pittsburgh <http://www.visitpittsburgh.com/>
> Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
> National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/> 2,864,974 mor=
e than the winner
> Ubuntu 16.04LTS

0
fugee
1/1/2017 10:14:55 PM
here's my profiles.ini it doesn't load the accounts in the 12345.user0 fold=
er there's no errors showing in the linux profilesmanager console there wer=
e some errors with flash plugin and i remembered that some webpage asked me=
 to install flash so i installed it through package manager; when i got thi=
s error i opened package manager again and did a complete removal of flash =
plugin so now i don't get any errors from console but like i said nothing l=
oads from this profile;=20

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=3D1

[Profile0]
Name=3DDefault User
IsRelative=3D1
Path=3Dang3g9ov.Default User

[Profile1]
Name=3Duser0
IsRelative=3D0
Path=3D/home/fugee/data/mail/thunderbird/12345.user0
Default=3D1

On Friday, December 30, 2016 at 1:33:31 PM UTC-5, Big Al wrote:
> On 12/30/2016 06:42 AM, fugee ohu wrote:
> > On linux I uninstalled thunderbird, removed ~/.thunderbird and everythi=
ng under it Ran apt autoremove, re-installed thunderbird Launched thunderbi=
rd -ProfileManager, and nothing not even a default user Good So now I wanna=
 add a profile and I name it MyProfile and choose folder ~/data/mail/.thund=
erbird/MyProfile I click finish; ~/.thunderbird/profiles.ini confirms there=
's not even a default profile, only the MyProfile profile as shown below I =
notice default=3D1 for MyProfile I dunno if that means MyProfile should hav=
e a .default extension or if it should have any extension if not that When =
I start thunderbird my accounts and local folders don't show

> > #profiles.ini
> >
> > [General]
> > StartWithLastProfile=3D1
> >
> > [Profile0]
> > Name=3DMyProfile
> > IsRelative=3D0
> > Path=3D/home/fugee/data/mail/.thunderbird/MyProfile
> > Default=3D1
> >
> I've made two profiles, one with all pop connections, and one with all=20
> IMAP connections (testing the latter).    I've renamed the folders=20
> alan.pop and alan.imap and then edited the profile.ini file to reflect=20
> this and had no issues.   The NAME=3D entry is what gives it the=20
> description of Default or MyProfile in your case.   You could change the=
=20
> Name=3DMyProfile to Name=3DDefault but it would not change the location o=
r=20
> folder name that is in Path.

0
fugee
--------------35D99B414BD5566CF6876886

On Sun Jan 01 2017 17:49:21 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), fugee ohu
<fugee279@gmail.com> wrote:
> here's my profiles.ini it doesn't load the accounts in the 12345.user0 folder there's no errors showing in the linux profilesmanager console there were some errors with flash plugin and i remembered that some webpage asked me to install flash

Full stop.

Thunderbird account management has absolutely nothing to do with Flash.

In fact, I've never installed flash in Thunderbird, ever, and don't even
know if it is possible.

Take a step back, and regroup. Something else is wrong.

--------------35D99B414BD5566CF6876886

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      (Eastern Standard Time), fugee ohu <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:fugee279@gmail.com">&lt;fugee279@gmail.com&gt;</a>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:bdd430c0-e810-4cc9-97b2-985b2a0e91dd@googlegroups.com"
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">here's my profiles.ini it doesn't load the accounts in the 12345.user0 folder there's no errors showing in the linux profilesmanager console there were some errors with flash plugin and i remembered that some webpage asked me to install flash
</pre>
    Full stop.<br>
    Thunderbird account management has absolutely nothing to do with
    Flash.<br>
    In fact, I've never installed flash in Thunderbird, ever, and don't
    even know if it is possible.<br>
    Take a step back, and regroup. Something else is wrong.<br>

--------------35D99B414BD5566CF6876886--
0
Disaster
1/2/2017 1:18:06 PM
On 01/02/2017 08:18 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
> On Sun Jan 01 2017 17:49:21 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), fugee
> ohu <fugee279@gmail.com> wrote:
>> here's my profiles.ini it doesn't load the accounts in the 12345.user0 folder there's no errors showing in the linux profilesmanager console there were some errors with flash plugin and i remembered that some webpage asked me to install flash
>
> Full stop.
>
> Thunderbird account management has absolutely nothing to do with Flash.
>
> In fact, I've never installed flash in Thunderbird, ever, and don't
> even know if it is possible.
>
> Take a step back, and regroup. Something else is wrong.

Also stick to one thread. He has too many about the same issue.

I'm out.