could not connect to server (server name); the connection was refused

I'm using a hotmail account and TB returns this error "could not
connect to server (server name); the connection was refused" ware
(server name) is 127.0.0.1 if some one could help with this problem it
would be greatly appreciated

0
drewmalone

drewmalone@hotmail.com wrote:
> I'm using a hotmail account and TB returns this error "could not
> connect to server (server name); the connection was refused" ware
> (server name) is 127.0.0.1 if some one could help with this problem
> it would be greatly appreciated

1st check whether POP/SMTP servers are running or not as shown in this
pic. "http://webmail.mozdev.org/images/screenshots/page1.png"

Also see
"http://kb.mozillazine.org/Connection_errors_-_POP3#Connecting"
"http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.thunderbird/msg/270fa016bc03f470"
0
Nir
6/5/2007 4:39:11 PM
On Jun 5, 8:39 am, Nir <nir....@hotmail.com> wrote:
> drewmal...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > I'm using a hotmail account and TB returns this error "could not
> > connect to server (server name); the connection was refused" ware
> > (server name) is 127.0.0.1 if some one could help with this problem
> > it would be greatly appreciated
>
> 1st check whether POP/SMTP servers are running or not as shown in this
> pic. "http://webmail.mozdev.org/images/screenshots/page1.png"
>
> Also see
> "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Connection_errors_-_POP3#Connecting"
> "http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.thunderbird/msg/270fa0..."

I checked and my POP, SMTP and, IMAP servers are running on start up
my port number is 110 im not sure about the server address though is
there another i can use or a way to verify the address as being the
right one?

0
anekelea
6/6/2007 7:47:34 PM
On Jun 5, 8:39 am, Nir <nir....@hotmail.com> wrote:
> drewmal...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > I'm using a hotmail account and TB returns this error "could not
> > connect to server (server name); the connection was refused" ware
> > (server name) is 127.0.0.1 if some one could help with this problem
> > it would be greatly appreciated
>
> 1st check whether POP/SMTP servers are running or not as shown in this
> pic. "http://webmail.mozdev.org/images/screenshots/page1.png"
>
> Also see
> "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Connection_errors_-_POP3#Connecting"
> "http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.thunderbird/msg/270fa0..."

I checked and my POP, SMTP and, IMAP servers are running on start up
my port number is 110 im not sure about the server address though is
there another i can use or a way to verify the address as being the
right one?

0
anekelea
6/6/2007 7:49:10 PM
anekelea wrote:

> I checked and my POP, SMTP and, IMAP servers are running on start up
> my port number is 110 im not sure about the server address though is
> there another i can use or a way to verify the address as being the
> right one?

Set
"
pop : 1503
smtp : 2247
Imap : 1453

*please* note that , in your server settings of hotmail account
you have to set port to '1503' ,i.e same to extension.
and in SMTP of hotmail account , set port to '2247' ( same as
extension. )
"
Restart Thunderbird and check.
0
Nir
6/6/2007 7:56:41 PM
On Jun 6, 11:56 am, Nir <nir....@hotmail.com> wrote:
> anekelea wrote:
> > I checked and my POP, SMTP and, IMAP servers are running on start up
> > my port number is 110 im not sure about the server address though is
> > there another i can use or a way to verify the address as being the
> > right one?
>
> Set
> "
> pop : 1503
> smtp : 2247
> Imap : 1453
>
> *please* note that , in your server settings of hotmail account
> you have to set port to '1503' ,i.e same to extension.
> and in SMTP of hotmail account , set port to '2247' ( same as
> extension. )
> "
> Restart Thunderbird and check.

TB add-on window locks up when you click on the options button i cant
open the window to change those options is there another way to change
the ports or is there a way to prevent TB from locking up?

0
anekelea
6/6/2007 9:09:23 PM
On Jun 6, 11:56 am, Nir <nir....@hotmail.com> wrote:
> anekelea wrote:
> > I checked and my POP, SMTP and, IMAP servers are running on start up
> > my port number is 110 im not sure about the server address though is
> > there another i can use or a way to verify the address as being the
> > right one?
>
> Set
> "
> pop : 1503
> smtp : 2247
> Imap : 1453
>
> *please* note that , in your server settings of hotmail account
> you have to set port to '1503' ,i.e same to extension.
> and in SMTP of hotmail account , set port to '2247' ( same as
> extension. )
> "
> Restart Thunderbird and check.

TB add-on window locks up when you click on the options button i cant
open the window to change those options is there another way to change
the ports or is there a way to prevent TB from locking up?

0
anekelea
6/6/2007 9:09:35 PM
On Jun 6, 12:56 pm, Nir <nir....@hotmail.com> wrote:
> anekelea wrote:
> > I checked and my POP, SMTP and, IMAP servers are running on start up
> > my port number is 110 imnotsure about theserveraddress though is
> > there another i can use or a way to verify the address as being the
> > right one?
>
> Set
> "
> pop : 1503
> smtp : 2247
> Imap : 1453
>
> *please* note that , in yourserversettings of hotmail account
> you have to set port to '1503' ,i.e same to extension.
> and in SMTP of hotmail account , set port to '2247' ( same as
> extension. )
> "
> Restart Thunderbird and check.

when TB didn't lock up i reset the numbers and now my hotmail acount
works thank you
*i did some looking around and webpages sugest using a third party POP
server i dont know if this effected why it works but im using FreePops
(found here http://email.about.com/od/windowswebmailtools/gr/freepops.htm)
any way it works Thank You for your patiance and your time

0
anekelea
6/7/2007 2:19:22 AM
On Jun 6, 7:19 pm, anekelea <admiralmork...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 6, 12:56 pm, Nir <nir....@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > anekelea wrote:
> > > I checked and my POP, SMTP and, IMAP servers are running on start up
> > > my port number is 110 im not sure about the server address though is
> > > there another i can use or a way to verify the address as being the
> > > right one?
>
> > Set
> > "
> > pop : 1503
> > smtp : 2247
> > Imap : 1453
>
> > *please* note that , in your server settings of hotmail account
> > you have to set port to '1503' ,i.e same to extension.
> > and in SMTP of hotmail account , set port to '2247' ( same as
> > extension. )
> > "
> > Restart Thunderbird and check.
>
> when TB didn't lock up i reset the numbers and now my hotmail account
> works thank you
> *i did some looking around and web pages suggest using a third party POP
> server i don't know if this effected why it works but im using FreePops
> (found herehttp://email.about.com/od/windowswebmailtools/gr/freepops.htm)
> any way it works Thank You for your patience and your time

i played around and determined that indeed it was just the port
settings not the FreePops popserver
again Thank You for your patience and your time

0
anekelea
6/7/2007 2:58:11 PM
anekelea wrote:

> i played around and determined that indeed it was just the port
> settings not the FreePops popserver again Thank You for your patience
>  and your time

"Some OS's block ports below 1024, set the ports used by Webmail to
values higher then 1024" - "http://webmail.mozdev.org/faq.html"

well, are you still getting 'Lock up' problem ?

--
This may help you in future
"http://groups.google.com/group/thunderbird-webmail-extension"

Connecting to sql server 2000 on Godaddy error: (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Facts:1. I am using my account on Godaddy trying to connect to my sql server db.2. I can get into my db using user id and password.3. Godaddy's help file shows this for a connection string: connectstr = "Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" & db_server & ";DATABASE=" &db_name & ";UID=" & db_username & ";PWD=" & db_userpassword4. My connection string: "Server=whsql-v09.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;uid=dbasolutions;pwd=***;database=DB_87972;"  & _                    "Trusted_Connecti...

default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Hi I always get good reply from u all, thank you,  I have copied my asp.net website from one server to another. they administrator made necessary modification on IIS manager . and able to see the website on browser. but now i can't loging to system using old password. I tryed to create new password then also it gives error System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connecti...

SQL Express

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all
When i enter log in, I get the following error page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the err...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allo
My site works fine in VWD2008 express, but I get this error when I try to use it on my live website. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.  According to this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914277  I am supposed to: 1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, point to Configuration Tools, and then click SQL Server Surface Area Configuration. Ok, th...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #6
hi there! I've uploaded my website at online server. which has its database on its local server. Now whenever Im trying to open the website. I get the following message instead of website. "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) " Im using sql server 2000 for database. Asp.net 2.0 Please hel...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #2
I get the following error and have been trying to figure out why I keep getting it.  Initially, I had placed my project under wwwroot folder and ran it under IIS and it gave this error.  Then I moved it to my local C drive and same thing.  I am sharing this project with two other co-workers and all our config files and code files are same...they don't get this error but I do.  I checked that SQL Server Client Network Utility has TCP/IP and the 'Named Pipes' enabled.  I thought maybe I have setting in the Visual Studio 2005 that I'm not aware of that&#...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #4

Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does
Hi All, i am using tha conncetion string in web.config. <add name="MyLocalSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SqlExpress;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\SqlServer\OC00003SQL.mdf;User Instance=false" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>  Instance=false and true both i have used  but i am getting error like that. on my web hosting site  Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Serv...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #3
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, Hi  I think you are trying to connect with remote server using windows authentication mode.Sql won't allow this ,so try to connect with server using sql authentication mode with(username and password)Happy ProgrammingShashi.  Check if this thread on the same discussion can help.http://forums.asp.net/p/1193329/2062685.aspx...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #5
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)   <sessionState mode="SQLServer"sqlConnectionString="data source=LHX00CNU7401SQG\Session; integrated security=true"/>   I have done all the settings: --> enabling the protocols --> Starting teh SQlbrowser but still no luck. Pleas...

help. when using Profile GetPropertyValue, I get the following connection error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure
 Hi,I need some help. I am getting this error after I complete the asp.net register control and click on the continue button. It crashed when it tries to get it calls this Profile property((string)(this.GetPropertyValue("Address1")));When I look at the stack, it is coming from my ProfileWrapper class which adds user address, city, etc.. from a class which inherits fromSystem.Web.Profile.ProfileBase. From the stack, it is calling the System.Web.Profile and crashed when it tries to open a connection atSystem.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObj...

connect a database in remote server (can connect to the server via SSH)
Hi, All: I am a new to perl. My perl code need to connect to the database in the remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. Can anyone give me a hint about how can I do that? Many thanks. On 7/17/07, zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com <zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com> wrote: > I am a new to perl. My perl code need to connect to the database in > the remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. Can anyone > give me a hint about how can I do that? Many thanks. Have you seen what's on CPAN? http://search.cpan.org/search?query=ssh&mode=all Good luck w...

Web resources about - could not connect to server (server name); the connection was refused - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Kings Cross identities arrested in connection with murder
Two Kings Cross identities&nbsp;have been arrested in connection with the murder of a man at Sydney hotel.

Faith: Spirits lift in connection with home
We need to more adequately understand the spirituality of our unique place on earth.

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Report: Man arrested in connection with Ashley Olsen's murder
Italian media agency reports that a non-EU male has been arrested in the murder of the 35-year-old American

Toyota and Kymeta rely on satellites to power this Mirai's data connection
They're hoping to achieve gigabit wireless speeds within the next few years.