Connection to server reset`

I'm certain that this has been asked before but I can't find the answer,
sorry guys!

I've just installed Thunderbird and it's failing to collect mail. I am a
Virgin Media customer (previously Blueyonder) and it's collected the
first 10 emails and then completelty refuses to download the othe 50 or so.

TB version 2.0.0.9 (20071031)
0
Ginny

Ginny wrote:
> I'm certain that this has been asked before but I can't find the answer,
> sorry guys!
>
> I've just installed Thunderbird and it's failing to collect mail. I am a
> Virgin Media customer (previously Blueyonder) and it's collected the
> first 10 emails and then completelty refuses to download the othe 50 or so.
>
> TB version 2.0.0.9 (20071031)

"Connection to server reset" usually means that your connection has been cut
off from the other end: in that case, the only solution is to reconnect the
modem, and then to re-get the messages (Ctrl-Shift-T).

Best regards,
Tony.
is.  If you don't, it's its.  Then too, it's hers.  It isn't her's.  It
isn't our's either.  It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.
Tony

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading while uploading image to the server.
Hi, I have a form where the user can upload some images to the server. My problem is that when I try to upload an image the server goes down and I get this error message from the server: The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.Even if i try to debug my code it goes down and I can not debug it. Does any body have a seggestion? Thanks a lot   file uploads are streamed into memory, so uploading a large file could consume enough memory to cause your app to recycle. by default, uploads over 4MB in size are prevented, but your can override this in w...

How to reset connection to SQL Server and clean all process on SQL server?
When I connect to SQL Server to call a SP in a web page, then I can see there is a process in SQL Server. Even the calling is done, the process still be there for a few minutes. But if recompile the code in VS2005, all processes on SQL server  caused by the code will be gone immediately.  How can I do this in .NET code to kill the whole process caused by codes executed before? After finishing with the connection have you tried?: YourConn.CloseDavid WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper ...

The connection with the server was reset
When someone external tries to download a large file from our site built with CSK, they get this error message. I would think its a timeout problem except for the fact that it happens within the first 2 minutes. Anyone run into this problem and have any idea on how to fix it? This sounds like an FTP error, not an HTTP error. Either way though, connection reset errors are almost always network issues, but are rarely timeout issues. Typically I see these on high latency networks or networks dropping a lot of packets. This is a very annoying error, and I have a very long personal histor...

server connection resets
Name: Sam M. Product: Firefox Summary: server connection resets Comments: On many pages, including the Firefox Start page, an error message will come up saying 'Page Load Error: The Connection to the Server was Reset While the Page Was Loading'. This happens on many different pages with no real common factor. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you mus...

Connection reset by server
When trying to save an attachment of more that 2.5 MB from webaccess, it starts downloading and after about 3-4 minutes it gets disconnected with an error that the Connection was reset by server. My dialUp does not get disconnected at all. You can download the same attachment using ftp without problems and it can take 15 min. with ftp. What type of time out might be there in webacess a part from the default 20 min. when idle ? Gw6.5 sp4 , webacc 6.5sp4. Help. Grpadm, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, ...

could not connect to server (server name); the connection was refused
I'm using a hotmail account and TB returns this error "could not connect to server (server name); the connection was refused" ware (server name) is 127.0.0.1 if some one could help with this problem it would be greatly appreciated drewmalone@hotmail.com wrote: > I'm using a hotmail account and TB returns this error "could not > connect to server (server name); the connection was refused" ware > (server name) is 127.0.0.1 if some one could help with this problem > it would be greatly appreciated > 1st check whether POP/SMTP servers a...

Connection with the server was reset
We are running a patch management server (6.3.2.700) at our central site. All the remote sites have a server which is configured as a distribution point. All clients on that site will have a policy which points their client (6.3.2.858) to the local distribution point. On one of the sites, the majority of patches are failing to deploy with the error being "Failed 0x0000190D". When this is expanded, the error is: ConnectionHTTP::read exception The connection with the server was reset 12031 [SoftPackage.cpp:1422] 2008/03/25 17:15:01.0059,0,ConnectionHTTP::read excepti...

The connection with the server was reset
Hi. I am trying to edit a website I am creating using ASP.net in Visual Studio. But for some unknown reason when i try to open the project I now get the following error message: "The webserver reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/site'. 'The connection with the server was reset'." This error ever use to occur and I can't think of anything I have changed resently which would have started it. I cannot open any of my other projects either. Anyone got any ideas? Cheers Andy...

thunderbird cannot connect to SMTP server
Hi Since yesterday my thunderbird client is unable to connect to the SMTP server ... The mozilla mail client is able to perform the operation without problem on the _same_ machine. Any idea ? windows XP SP2 Frank wrote: > Hi > > Since yesterday my thunderbird client is unable to connect to the SMTP > server ... The mozilla mail client is able to perform the operation > without problem on the _same_ machine. Any idea ? > windows XP SP2 Ith has someting to do with security in SP2 Mario wrote: > Frank wrote: > >> Hi >> >> Sin...

Connection reset by server #2
I am getting the "conneciton reset by server" error. The agent appears to to be running, and Tomcat too; I just keep getting "unable to connect." PKIDiag reports no problems. I've run DNSRepair. How to I approach this to isolate the problem? Steve, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index....

Thunderbird dont connect to server
I have Xp and TB 2.0016. When I start TB, I get error msg "Coud't connect to server "server name" Conection prevented" (I have FI -version, so I dont know how this error msg is in english). I have uninstalled/install TB many times, use CCleaner and deleted all TB' s folder. And error msg appears every time I start TB. Ealier TB works well. And all settings and isp is correct. (And this is not Firewall problem) What can I do now? I search older TB versions to install first and to see if TB works, but there are only the new version to load. (I have ...

Server does not support secure connections.
 Hi,I am getting the following error message:Server does not support secure connections.When trying to send e-mails from my code-behind. Here is the guilty code:    protected void CreateUserWizard2_ContinueButtonClick(object sender, EventArgs e)    {        StringBuilder bodyMsg = new StringBuilder();        TextBox Username = (TextBox)CreateUserWizard2.CreateUserStep.ContentTemplateContainer.FindControl("UserName");        TextBox EMail = (Tex...

Server not support secure connections?!
 Hi,I am getting the following error message:Server does not support secure connections.When trying to send e-mails from my code-behind. Here is the guilty code:    protected void CreateUserWizard2_ContinueButtonClick(object sender, EventArgs e)    {        StringBuilder bodyMsg = new StringBuilder();        TextBox Username = (TextBox)CreateUserWizard2.CreateUserStep.ContentTemplateContainer.FindControl("UserName");        TextBox EMail = (Tex...

REPOST: Connection with server reset
>> Really desperate to find out whether this problem is a jag or web server problem >> so I can start my investigations. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks Hi All I am having problems with IE when requesting a HTMLDW through our website with a modem. This is a production environment with NS web server and two jag servers clustered ( 3.5 C3 ) I get the error; Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://xxx The connection with the server was reset The web page displays partial information, but some columns and text headings are missing and leaves the page u...

Web resources about - Connection to server reset` - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Kings Cross identities arrested in connection with murder
Two Kings Cross identities have been arrested in connection with the murder of a man at Sydney hotel.

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Report: Man arrested in connection with Ashley Olsen's murder
Italian media agency reports that a non-EU male has been arrested in the murder of the 35-year-old American

Toyota and Kymeta rely on satellites to power this Mirai's data connection
They're hoping to achieve gigabit wireless speeds within the next few years.

Test Claims To Show T-Mobile’s YouTube “Optimization” Is Just Connection Throttling
... on the same network, and at the same time of day. They tested video streaming against three other kinds of downloads and measured the connection ...