Combined Reply/Followup button?

I thought I stumbled on mention of some kind of combined Reply/Followup
button in Tbird this morning when I was reading a few of the latest
threads. I just had a look though and can't see anything like that when
I click on View/Toolbars/Customize. I'm running Tbird 52.8.0.

Am I just looking in the wrong place or is this not a feature that is
available yet, perhaps something that is still in development or beta?

I use Tbird for both email and newsgroups and often find myself hitting
Reply in newsgroups when I should be hitting Followup, just because most
of my use is in Email so I'm used to hitting Reply. If there's some kind
of button that means Reply in Email but Followup in Newsgroups, that
would actually be handy for me. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?

--
Rhino
0

On 5/29/2018 8:43 PM, Rhino wrote:
> I thought I stumbled on mention of some kind of combined Reply/Followup
> button in Tbird this morning when I was reading a few of the latest
> threads. I just had a look though and can't see anything like that when
> I click on View/Toolbars/Customize. I'm running Tbird 52.8.0.
>
> Am I just looking in the wrong place or is this not a feature that is
> available yet, perhaps something that is still in development or beta?
>
> I use Tbird for both email and newsgroups and often find myself hitting
> Reply in newsgroups when I should be hitting Followup, just because most
> of my use is in Email so I'm used to hitting Reply. If there's some kind
> of button that means Reply in Email but Followup in Newsgroups, that
> would actually be handy for me. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?

You are looking the the Main Toolbar button toolbox.  There is another
toolbox for the message pane header that has the Smart Reply button.

--
Ron K.
0
Rhino wrote:
> I thought I stumbled on mention of some kind of combined Reply/Followup
> button in Tbird this morning when I was reading a few of the latest
> threads. I just had a look though and can't see anything like that when
> I click on View/Toolbars/Customize.

You won't find it there. By right-clicking in the message header pane
you can select the button you want.

-p

0
PietB
5/30/2018 10:18:28 AM
On 5/29/2018 9:43 PM, Rhino wrote:
> I thought I stumbled on mention of some kind of combined
> Reply/Followup button in Tbird this morning when I was reading a few
> of the latest threads. I just had a look though and can't see
> anything like that when I click on View/Toolbars/Customize. I'm
> running Tbird 52.8.0.
>
> Am I just looking in the wrong place or is this not a feature that is
>  available yet, perhaps something that is still in development or
> beta?
>
> I use Tbird for both email and newsgroups and often find myself
> hitting Reply in newsgroups when I should be hitting Followup, just
> because most of my use is in Email so I'm used to hitting Reply. If
> there's some kind of button that means Reply in Email but Followup in
> Newsgroups, that would actually be handy for me. Can anyone tell me
> how to accomplish this?

I just learned this week that the selection of icons available when you
customize (right click, then left click on "customize") with the cursor
in a Message Pane (the area immediately above the body of a selected
message where you can see the "From", "Subject", "To" etc.) is different
than the selection of icons available when you perform the same maneuver
with the mouse cursor in the Message Tool Bar near the very top of the
entire screen.  The icon in question is available for customizing the
Message Pane buttons by right clicking the cursor when it is located in
the Message Pane.  It is labeled "Followup" but after dragging onto the
Message Pane, it has a drop down list of additional actions, either
Reply or Reply All.
0
Peter