Check for new messages every ........?

Hi

I've just reviewed all my Thunderbird 45.8.0 'settings' but failed to
spot where the software can be set to check for new messages on a
(variable) preset time delay basis.

DOES Thunderbird have such a setting, or am I getting confused with,
perhaps, SeaMonkey?

Advice welcomed!

--
David
0

On 3/13/17 10:48 AM, David B. wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've just reviewed all my Thunderbird 45.8.0 'settings' but failed to
> spot where the software can be set to check for new messages on a
> (variable) preset time delay basis.
>
> DOES Thunderbird have such a setting, or am I getting confused with,
> perhaps, SeaMonkey?
>
> Advice welcomed!

Select the Account in the Folder pane, then click "View settings for
this account", then select Server Settings.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS
0
WaltS48
3/13/2017 2:59:17 PM
On 03/13/2017 10:48 AM, David B. wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've just reviewed all my Thunderbird 45.8.0 'settings' but failed to
> spot where the software can be set to check for new messages on a
> (variable) preset time delay basis.
>
> DOES Thunderbird have such a setting, or am I getting confused with,
> perhaps, SeaMonkey?
>
> Advice welcomed!

It's under settings for each account.
Click on th account>View Settings for this Account > Server
Settings.

--
Caver1
0
On 13/03/2017 14:59, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 3/13/17 10:48 AM, David B. wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I've just reviewed all my Thunderbird 45.8.0 'settings' but failed to
>> spot where the software can be set to check for new messages on a
>> (variable) preset time delay basis.
>>
>> DOES Thunderbird have such a setting, or am I getting confused with,
>> perhaps, SeaMonkey?
>>
>> Advice welcomed!
>>

> Select the Account in the Folder pane, then click "View settings for
> this account", then select Server Settings.

Doh!  Thanks, WaltS48.  :-)
0
David
3/13/2017 3:10:40 PM
On 13/03/2017 15:02, Caver1 wrote:
> On 03/13/2017 10:48 AM, David B. wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I've just reviewed all my Thunderbird 45.8.0 'settings' but failed to
>> spot where the software can be set to check for new messages on a
>> (variable) preset time delay basis.
>>
>> DOES Thunderbird have such a setting, or am I getting confused with,
>> perhaps, SeaMonkey?
>>
>> Advice welcomed!
>>

> It's under settings for each account.
> Click on th account>View Settings for this Account > Server Settings.

Brilliant!  Many thanks, 'Caver1'. :-)

I'd looked under Thunderbird 'Preferences', not the individual server
settings. All done now.

0
David
3/13/2017 3:13:08 PM
David B. wrote:
> I've just reviewed all my Thunderbird 45.8.0 'settings' but failed to
> spot where the software can be set to check for new messages on a
> (variable) preset time delay basis.

Mac:
Tb/ Tools/ Account settings/ (select server/account in L pane) sub-
Server settings/ R pane - new messages at startup; new messages every xx
minutes menu.

 From older Tb v.; presumably it is still there.

--
Mike Easter
0
On 13.03.2017 15:48, David B. wrote:

> I've just reviewed all my Thunderbird 45.8.0 'settings' but failed to
> spot where the software can be set to check for new messages on a
> (variable) preset time delay basis.

> DOES Thunderbird have such a setting, or am I getting confused with,
> perhaps, SeaMonkey?

It is in the account settings, per account.

Under *Server Settings* you can choose whether it should check on
startup and at which interval.

--
'%d!' % (1337*math.pi/100)
0
On 03/13/2017 03:16 PM, Mike Easter wrote:
>  From older Tb v.; presumably it is still there.

Everything is still the same in this 52.0b4

--
Mike Easter

0
Mike