Chat won't connect

I use Thunderbird Chat for work - it mirrors Google Hangouts, which is
how we talk to each other since we all work at home - but I can't get
chat to work today for the first time since I started using it two and a
half years ago.

Chat won't connect so my work colleagues show up as "unknown". My
internet connection is fine and I can send and receive email from the
gmail account which is associated with Hangouts.

What can I do to make my chat work again? I really need this to
collaborate with my colleagues on the occasional issue I can't handle
myself.

--
Rhino
0

On 2018-07-03 2:22 PM, Rhino wrote:
> I use Thunderbird Chat for work - it mirrors Google Hangouts, which is
> how we talk to each other since we all work at home - but I can't get
> chat to work today for the first time since I started using it two and a
> half years ago.
>
> Chat won't connect so my work colleagues show up as "unknown". My
> internet connection is fine and I can send and receive email from the
> gmail account which is associated with Hangouts.
>
> What can I do to make my chat work again? I really need this to
> collaborate with my colleagues on the occasional issue I can't handle
> myself.

I solved this on my own: I just closed and re-opened Tbird and my chat
is fine now. :-)

In retrospect, I should have tried that first and avoiding having to
post with a problem. Then again, now the solution is here for someone in
the future to see if they search the newsgroup for it.... ;-)

--
Rhino
0