Change disconnect behavior

In the lower left hand corner of Tb (52.8, installed on two computers)
there is an icon to disconnect. IIRC in older versions once you
disconnected you stayed that way until proactively re-enabling it. This
includes after closing down and re-opening the program.

At the moment both of my Tb's reconnect any time the program is opened.
Is there a way to get the old behavior back?
0
Roger

On 7/20/2018 3:36 PM, Roger Fink wrote:
> In the lower left hand corner of Tb (52.8, installed on two computers)
> there is an icon to disconnect. IIRC in older versions once you
> disconnected you stayed that way until proactively re-enabling it. This
> includes after closing down and re-opening the program.
>
> At the moment both of my Tb's reconnect any time the program is opened.
> Is there a way to get the old behavior back?

Let me add to that that the default configuration is to open on-line and
fetch the messages. The issue is that if I manually disconnect through
the icon, I want it to stay that way until I manually change it back.
That was the default behavior in earlier installations.

0
Roger
7/20/2018 7:41:40 PM
On 2018-07-20 3:36 PM, Roger Fink wrote:
> In the lower left hand corner of Tb (52.8, installed on two computers)
> there is an icon to disconnect. IIRC in older versions once you
> disconnected you stayed that way until proactively re-enabling it. This
> includes after closing down and re-opening the program.
>
> At the moment both of my Tb's reconnect any time the program is opened.
> Is there a way to get the old behavior back?

Yup, it's hidden pretty deep in the Options window.
1. Go to Options-->Advanced-->Network_&_Disk_Space.
2. Click [Offline].
3. Uncheck "Automatically follow detected online state".
4. Select "Remember previous online state".

For more information, visit
<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/advanced-panel-settings-in-thunderbird#w_offline-settings-dialog>.

--
<http://ilias.ca/links>
Chris
On 7/20/2018 3:43 PM, Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 2018-07-20 3:36 PM, Roger Fink wrote:
>> In the lower left hand corner of Tb (52.8, installed on two computers)
>> there is an icon to disconnect. IIRC in older versions once you
>> disconnected you stayed that way until proactively re-enabling it.
>> This includes after closing down and re-opening the program.
>>
>> At the moment both of my Tb's reconnect any time the program is
>> opened. Is there a way to get the old behavior back?
>
> Yup, it's hidden pretty deep in the Options window.
> 1. Go to Options-->Advanced-->Network_&_Disk_Space.
> 2. Click [Offline].
> 3. Uncheck "Automatically follow detected online state".
> 4. Select "Remember previous online state".
>
> For more information, visit
> <https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/advanced-panel-settings-in-thunderbird#w_offline-settings-dialog>.

Right on.

The programmers should have taken their cue from Albert Einstein, who
said (to Le Corbusier): "It makes the good easy and the bad difficult".

0
Roger