Can't ready the email attachments which are inside email attachments.

Please tell me this can be fixed.

In Thunderbird, when I get an email attachment and open it, it works 
fine.  The email attachment opens and I can read it.

However, if that email attachment has an email attachment inside it, it 
doesn't work.  Thunderbird will not allow me to open the email 
attachment inside the email attachment.

If I go over to Outlook and get it there everything works fine.

I switched over to Thunderbird, because Outlook was pulling two and 
three copies of every email in my POP accounts.

But if I have to choose between Outlook downloading multiple copies of 
one mail in which I can access all the content, or Thunderbird 
downloading just one copy, of which I CANNOT access all the content, I'm 
going to have to stay with Outlook.

Please tell me how to fix this?

Thanks,
0
Richard
3/23/2007 11:06:32 AM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22479 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

30 Replies
583 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 50

Richard B wrote:
> Please tell me this can be fixed.
> 
> In Thunderbird, when I get an email attachment and open it, it works 
> fine.  The email attachment opens and I can read it.
> 
> However, if that email attachment has an email attachment inside it, it 
> doesn't work.  Thunderbird will not allow me to open the email 
> attachment inside the email attachment.
> 
> If I go over to Outlook and get it there everything works fine.
> 
> I switched over to Thunderbird, because Outlook was pulling two and 
> three copies of every email in my POP accounts.
> 
> But if I have to choose between Outlook downloading multiple copies of 
> one mail in which I can access all the content, or Thunderbird 
> downloading just one copy, of which I CANNOT access all the content, I'm 
> going to have to stay with Outlook.
> 
> Please tell me how to fix this?
> 
> Thanks,

I would also be interested in any reply as I have a similar problem
Some attachments do not show
Just get a winmail.dat file
in Outlook the same message is fine - the file shows in the message
Roger
0
Roger
3/23/2007 11:19:42 AM
Roger Hume schrieb:
> Richard B wrote:
>> Please tell me this can be fixed.
>>
>> In Thunderbird, when I get an email attachment and open it, it works
>> fine.  The email attachment opens and I can read it.
>>
>> However, if that email attachment has an email attachment inside it,
>> it doesn't work.  Thunderbird will not allow me to open the email
>> attachment inside the email attachment.
>>
>> If I go over to Outlook and get it there everything works fine.
>>
>> I switched over to Thunderbird, because Outlook was pulling two and
>> three copies of every email in my POP accounts.
>>
>> But if I have to choose between Outlook downloading multiple copies of
>> one mail in which I can access all the content, or Thunderbird
>> downloading just one copy, of which I CANNOT access all the content,
>> I'm going to have to stay with Outlook.
>>
>> Please tell me how to fix this?
>>
>> Thanks,
> 
> I would also be interested in any reply as I have a similar problem
> Some attachments do not show
> Just get a winmail.dat file
> in Outlook the same message is fine - the file shows in the message
> Roger

This winmail.dat attachment is generated when someone composes a message
in outlook using rtf format. This format can only be opened with outlook.
There are two solutions to this problem.
1: Tell the sender of the message to compose the message in text or
html. I don't know where exactly to change the format but it must be
somewhere in the options.
2: Use the freeware fentun http://www.fentun.com/ to extract the content

Greetings from Switzerland
Tom

-- 
***Gewalt ist das Mittel des geistig Schwachen***
http://www.board.swizz-elite.ch
0
Thomas
3/23/2007 1:17:25 PM
Roger Hume wrote:

> I would also be interested in any reply as I have a similar problem
> Some attachments do not show
> Just get a winmail.dat file
> in Outlook the same message is fine - the file shows in the message
> Roger

"http://kb.mozillazine.org/Winmail.dat_attachments"
0
Nir
3/23/2007 3:27:19 PM
Richard B wrote:
> Please tell me this can be fixed.
> 
> In Thunderbird, when I get an email attachment and open it, it works 
> fine.  The email attachment opens and I can read it.
> 
> However, if that email attachment has an email attachment inside it,
> it doesn't work.  Thunderbird will not allow me to open the email 
> attachment inside the email attachment.
> 
> If I go over to Outlook and get it there everything works fine.
> 
> I switched over to Thunderbird, because Outlook was pulling two and 
> three copies of every email in my POP accounts.
> 
> But if I have to choose between Outlook downloading multiple copies
> of one mail in which I can access all the content, or Thunderbird 
> downloading just one copy, of which I CANNOT access all the content,
> I'm going to have to stay with Outlook.
> 
> Please tell me how to fix this?
> 
> Thanks,

goto View menu , check 'Display attachment inline' option.
now can you open that attachment?
0
Nir
3/23/2007 4:43:27 PM
On 2007-03-23 05:19 (-0600 UTC), Roger Hume wrote:

<snip />

> I would also be interested in any reply as I have a similar problem
> Some attachments do not show
> Just get a winmail.dat file
> in Outlook the same message is fine - the file shows in the message

TNEF (winmail.dat) is an Outlook/Exchange-specific format.

-- 
/b.

String quartets don't march very well.
                                        --Donald Barthelme, /The Dead Father/
0
Brian
3/24/2007 1:01:26 AM
On 23/03/07 18:19 +07:00 Roger Hume wrote:
> I would also be interested in any reply as I have a similar 
> problem  Some attachments do not show
> Just get a winmail.dat file

LookOut extension will help you in this regard, it will decode TNEF 
(aka RTF) proprietary format as use by office outlook.

https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/4433/

If you are running Linux in KDE you may open winmail.dat using Ktnef


-- 
syafril
-------
Syafril Hermansyah
0
Syafril
3/24/2007 8:39:05 AM
On 23/03/07 23:43 +07:00 Nir wrote:
> > However, if that email attachment has an email attachment 
> > inside it, it doesn't work.  
 > > Thunderbird will not allow me to open the email
> > attachment inside the email attachment.

> goto View menu , check 'Display attachment inline' option.
> now can you open that attachment?

it works for me all the times using this trick.
I commonly use this to view .eml attachment (someone mail me using 
forward as attachment).

-- 
syafril
-------
Syafril Hermansyah
0
Syafril
3/24/2007 1:37:30 PM
Richard B wrote:
> Please tell me this can be fixed.
> 
> In Thunderbird, when I get an email attachment and open it, it works 
> fine.  The email attachment opens and I can read it.
> 
> However, if that email attachment has an email attachment inside it, it 
> doesn't work.  Thunderbird will not allow me to open the email 
> attachment inside the email attachment.

This is a known bug, and the problem has been fixed for TB 2.0.
0
Mike
3/24/2007 1:38:35 PM
Nir wrote:
> Roger Hume wrote:
> 
>> I would also be interested in any reply as I have a similar problem
>> Some attachments do not show
>> Just get a winmail.dat file
>> in Outlook the same message is fine - the file shows in the message
>> Roger
> 
> "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Winmail.dat_attachments"

If your using a Mac, its a bunch of bull-s... that Ms programs transmit 
basically it contain formatting information unique to the MS application 
that uses it. Its waste band width and sometimes causes grief and 
headache on other platforms. Fortunately for Mac although it waste 
space. Mac's ignore it. Usually its caused by sender using RTF to format 
emails when they should be strictly using either Plain text (no RTF), or 
html.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phillip M. Jones, CET                                http://www.vpea.org
If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!            mailto:pjones@kimbanet.com
                              http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9                Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 Gb, OSX.4.8
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0
Phillip
3/24/2007 3:22:34 PM
On 24/03/2007 15:22, this hallowed ground was sullied by Phillip M. 
Jones, C.E.T, who deposited this steaming pile:

> If your using a Mac, its a bunch of bull-s... that Ms programs transmit 
> basically it contain formatting information unique to the MS application 
> that uses it. Its waste band width and sometimes causes grief and 
> headache on other platforms. Fortunately for Mac although it waste 
> space. Mac's ignore it. Usually its caused by sender using RTF to format 
> emails when they should be strictly using either Plain text (no RTF), or 
> html.
> 

Who decided that users cant use RTF in e-mail?

Surely that is THEIR choice.

-- 
Junky qoph-flags vext crwd zimb.
0
Lord
3/24/2007 6:51:14 PM
On 25/03/07 01:51 +07:00 Lord Zoolook wrote:
> Who decided that users cant use RTF in e-mail?
> 
> Surely that is THEIR choice.

The fact is innocent user even don't know what RTF is, and not aware 
that RTF can not be view by most other mailer (beside Office Outlook), 
but the developer should know this well.
Decent mailer (developer) should not bring their user in trouble in 
default installation.
If later the user insist to use RTF format, they know what the risk.

Indeed good mailer should follow robustnes principle (be liberal what 
you receive, be conservative what you send), as far as the format 
(protocol) is open/standard so any other developer knows what to do with 
that.
The question then : does anyone know RFC number for RTF format ?
If not listed in RFC means the protocol/format is proprietary and should 
not be use in Internet.


-- 
syafril
-------
Syafril Hermansyah
0
Syafril
3/24/2007 7:11:00 PM
Lord Zoolook wrote:
> On 24/03/2007 15:22, this hallowed ground was sullied by Phillip M. 
> Jones, C.E.T, who deposited this steaming pile:
> 
>> If your using a Mac, its a bunch of bull-s... that Ms programs 
>> transmit basically it contain formatting information unique to the MS 
>> application that uses it. Its waste band width and sometimes causes 
>> grief and headache on other platforms. Fortunately for Mac although it 
>> waste space. Mac's ignore it. Usually its caused by sender using RTF 
>> to format emails when they should be strictly using either Plain text 
>> (no RTF), or html.
>>
> 
> Who decided that users cant use RTF in e-mail?
> 
> Surely that is THEIR choice.
> 
W3C

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phillip M. Jones, CET                         mailto:pjones@kimbanet.com
If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!                   http://www.vpea.org
                              http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0
Phillip
3/24/2007 7:23:01 PM
Syafril Hermansyah wrote:
> On 23/03/07 18:19 +07:00 Roger Hume wrote:
>> I would also be interested in any reply as I have a similar problem  
>> Some attachments do not show
>> Just get a winmail.dat file
> 
> LookOut extension will help you in this regard, it will decode TNEF (aka 
> RTF) proprietary format as use by office outlook.
> 
> https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/4433/
> 
> If you are running Linux in KDE you may open winmail.dat using Ktnef
> 
> 
Doesn't work with OSX shown in notes.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phillip M. Jones, CET                         mailto:pjones@kimbanet.com
If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!                   http://www.vpea.org
                              http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0
Phillip
3/24/2007 7:26:07 PM
On 25/03/07 02:26 +07:00 Phillip Jones, CET wrote:
> > LookOut extension will help you in this regard, it will 
> > decode TNEF (aka RTF) proprietary format as use by office outlook.
> >  
> > https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/4433/
> >  
> > If you are running Linux in KDE you may open winmail.dat 
> > using Ktnef
> >  

> Doesn't work with OSX shown in notes.

Perhaps Tnef library not install yet on your desktop, this extension 
needs tnef lib.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tnef/

or the issue below has not been resolve by developer :

Known issues

* there is a permission problem on OSX where TB cannot bring up the 
save-as or open-with dialogs

I am not sure what permission problem is, better mail to Aron Rubin but 
unfornately his mail not listed on 
https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/100945/author/



-- 
syafril
-------
Syafril Hermansyah
0
Syafril
3/24/2007 7:39:17 PM
On 24/03/2007 19:23, this hallowed ground was sullied by Phillip Jones, 
CET, who deposited this steaming pile:
> W3C
> 

Nothing there suggests that RTF should be forsaken.

-- 
Adjusting quiver and bow, Zompyc killed the fox.
0
Lord
3/24/2007 8:34:06 PM
Mike Cowperthwaite wrote:
> Richard B wrote:
>> Please tell me this can be fixed.
>>
>> In Thunderbird, when I get an email attachment and open it, it works 
>> fine.  The email attachment opens and I can read it.
>>
>> However, if that email attachment has an email attachment inside it, 
>> it doesn't work.  Thunderbird will not allow me to open the email 
>> attachment inside the email attachment.
> 
> This is a known bug, and the problem has been fixed for TB 2.0.

And when is TB 2.0 targetted to be released?

0
Richard
3/25/2007 1:50:40 AM
There was no noticeable difference.

I downloaded the extension.  Installed it and restarted Thunderbird. 
Then I opened the email with the attachment.  That attachment email 
".eml" opened with no problem.  But when I attempted to open the email 
".eml" attachment in that email nothing happened.
0
Richard
3/25/2007 2:10:36 AM
* Richard B wrote:
> There was no noticeable difference.
> 
> I downloaded the extension.  Installed it and restarted Thunderbird. 
> Then I opened the email with the attachment.  That attachment email 
> ".eml" opened with no problem.  But when I attempted to open the email 
> ".eml" attachment in that email nothing happened.


I have had that same problem with .eml.  So I would save them to disk 
and from there they could be opened.

Then I realized that TB is set to read "in line," so I merely scrolled 
down and there was the eml which happened to be several pics.   The same 
for another msg.
Miles
0
Miles
3/25/2007 2:21:56 AM
On 3/24/2007 9:50 PM, Richard B wrote:
> Mike Cowperthwaite wrote:
>> Richard B wrote:
>>> Please tell me this can be fixed.
>>>
>>> In Thunderbird, when I get an email attachment and open it, it works 
>>> fine.  The email attachment opens and I can read it.
>>>
>>> However, if that email attachment has an email attachment inside it, 
>>> it doesn't work.  Thunderbird will not allow me to open the email 
>>> attachment inside the email attachment.
>>
>> This is a known bug, and the problem has been fixed for TB 2.0.
> 
> And when is TB 2.0 targetted to be released?
> 

My guess, very soon now.  The pre-release has been on the nightlies for more 
than two weeks.  In most cases the releases are identical to the pre-releases 
except for removing "pre" from version string.  Because it is a major upgrade, 
you should disable all extensions and switch to default theme before upgrading. 
  Back up your profile before upgrading.  If the upgrade corrupts some file, or 
if you just decide to go back to 1.5.0.10, you'll be ready.

Pre-release is at:
  <http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/latest-mozilla1.8/>

If you want to wait for the official release watch at:
  <http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/>

I'm sure you will see an announcement in this group, too.


-- 
G. R. Woodring
0
G
3/25/2007 2:40:04 AM
On 25/03/07 09:10 +07:00 Richard B wrote:
> I downloaded the extension.  Installed it and restarted 
> Thunderbird. 
> Then I opened the email with the attachment.  That attachment 
> email ".eml" opened with no problem.  But when I attempted to open the 
> email ".eml" attachment in that email nothing happened.

Opening message with .eml attachment can be done without any extension.
What you need to do just to enable "Display attachment inline" (under 
view menu).
You need lookout extension only to view content of winmail.dat attachment.


-- 
syafril
-------
Syafril Hermansyah
0
Syafril
3/25/2007 6:17:10 AM
On 25/03/07 02:39 +07:00 Syafril Hermansyah wrote:
> I am not sure what permission problem is, better mail to Aron 
> Rubin but unfornately his mail not listed on 
> https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/100945/author/

Found out his mail from other news group: aronrubin@gmail.com

-- 
syafril
-------
Syafril Hermansyah
0
Syafril
3/25/2007 7:08:13 AM
On 24/03/2007 10:40 PM, _G. R. Woodring_ spoke thusly:
> On 3/24/2007 9:50 PM, Richard B wrote:
>
>> And when is TB 2.0 targetted to be released?
> 
> My guess, very soon now.  

Expect a release candidate, late in the week.
<http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=529840&start=15>
-- 
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
List-owner: support-firefox, support-thunderbird
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
(Please do not email me tech support questions)
0
Chris
3/25/2007 7:18:57 AM
Syafril Hermansyah wrote:
> On 25/03/07 01:51 +07:00 Lord Zoolook wrote:
>> Who decided that users cant use RTF in e-mail?
>>
>> Surely that is THEIR choice.
> 
> The fact is innocent user even don't know what RTF is, and not aware 
> that RTF can not be view by most other mailer (beside Office Outlook), 
> but the developer should know this well.
> Decent mailer (developer) should not bring their user in trouble in 
> default installation.
> If later the user insist to use RTF format, they know what the risk.
> 
> Indeed good mailer should follow robustnes principle (be liberal what 
> you receive, be conservative what you send), as far as the format 
> (protocol) is open/standard so any other developer knows what to do with 
> that.
> The question then : does anyone know RFC number for RTF format ?
> If not listed in RFC means the protocol/format is proprietary and should 
> not be use in Internet.
> 
> 

The developer MS does know this this is why they do it. They want to 
aggravate everyone else to the point to wear them down and make them use 
there product.

Unless your on a outlook server and using this in a Business setting you 
should never, ever, ever, ever use RTF. If you need to send anyone 
formatted messages send as html. You make sure your receipting actually 
wants the HTML. Odds are if the don't want the HTML they don't want RTF 
either.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phillip M. Jones, CET                                http://www.vpea.org
If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!            mailto:pjones@kimbanet.com
                              http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9                Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 Gb, OSX.4.8
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0
Phillip
3/25/2007 2:20:56 PM
On 25/03/07 21:20 +07:00 Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
> Unless your on a outlook server and using this in a Business 
> setting you should never, ever, ever, ever use RTF. If you need to send 
> anyone formatted messages send as html.   You make sure your receipting
> actually wants the HTML. 

Agree.
Exchange Server have facility to convert RTF to plain-text or HTML
format when transmitting the message to the internet. If you're not sure
your administrator knowledge enough to enable RTF convertion, using HTML
or Plain-Text more safe.

> Odds are if the don't want the HTML they don't 
> want RTF either.

HTML format is difficult to read by text base MUA such mutt, pine or
exmh, they need to pass your message to any browser (lynx) just to read.

IMHO the safe way is sending in Plain-Text format in utf-8 characterset
to make sure our message can be read by our correspondece, since
plain-text is recognize by any MUA has been developt and will be develop
in the future while UTF8 is cover either us-ascii characterset and
double-byte characterset (CJK country).

Consider this situation, you are in public conference as speaker with
audience came from many countries. The safe and polite way is to speak
in English in common idoms (without slank) even you may speak many
languages, many slanks.

That is the core of robustness principle (RFC1123), be conservatif in
what you send even your MUA can use many format (html, rtf), many
characterset; to make sure your message can be read by others not merely
/some/ others.


-- 
syafril
-------
Syafril Hermansyah
0
Syafril
3/25/2007 4:33:23 PM
I have been using the TB 2bX for quite some time now, I love it to death.  I just can't 
wait for the extensions to catch up.  TB 2bX is a major improvement.  After running side 
by side for a while, I just dropped TB 1.5.

G. R. Woodring wrote:
> On 3/24/2007 9:50 PM, Richard B wrote:
> 
> My guess, very soon now.  The pre-release has been on the nightlies for 
> more than two weeks.  In most cases the releases are identical to the 
> pre-releases except for removing "pre" from version string.  Because it 
> is a major upgrade, you should disable all extensions and switch to 
> default theme before upgrading.  Back up your profile before upgrading.  
> If the upgrade corrupts some file, or if you just decide to go back to 
> 1.5.0.10, you'll be ready.
> 
> Pre-release is at:
>  <http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/latest-mozilla1.8/> 
> 
> 
> If you want to wait for the official release watch at:
>  <http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/>
> 
> I'm sure you will see an announcement in this group, too.
> 
> 
0
E
3/25/2007 5:04:11 PM
Phillip Jones, CET wrote:
> Syafril Hermansyah wrote:
>> On 23/03/07 18:19 +07:00 Roger Hume wrote:
>>> I would also be interested in any reply as I have a similar problem  
>>> Some attachments do not show
>>> Just get a winmail.dat file
>>
>> LookOut extension will help you in this regard, it will decode TNEF 
>> (aka RTF) proprietary format as use by office outlook.
>>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/4433/
>>
>> If you are running Linux in KDE you may open winmail.dat using Ktnef
>>
>>
> Doesn't work with OSX shown in notes.
> 
According to the link above the extension doesn't exist

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phillip M. Jones, CET                         mailto:pjones@kimbanet.com
If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!                   http://www.vpea.org
                              http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0
Phillip
3/25/2007 5:58:58 PM
On 26/03/07 00:58 +07:00 Phillip Jones, CET wrote:
> >> >> https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/4433/

> According to the link above the extension doesn't exist

Strange, I found the same.
Maybe webmaster just remove it since the author not list his mail 
address (standard procedure) ? :-)

If you brave enough to take the risk, I have copy in my ftp server.

ftp://ftp.dutaint.com/freeware/thunderbird/extension/linux/lookout-1.0-tb.xpi


-- 
syafril
-------
Syafril Hermansyah
0
Syafril
3/25/2007 6:14:36 PM
Syafril Hermansyah wrote:
> On 26/03/07 00:58 +07:00 Phillip Jones, CET wrote:
>>>>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/4433/
> 
>> According to the link above the extension doesn't exist
> 
> Strange, I found the same. Maybe webmaster just remove it since the 
> author not list his mail address (standard procedure) ? :-)

its not removed , addons.mozilla.org seems to be under maintenance.
0
Nir
3/25/2007 6:21:32 PM
Nir wrote:
> Syafril Hermansyah wrote:
>> On 26/03/07 00:58 +07:00 Phillip Jones, CET wrote:
>>>>>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/4433/
>>
>>> According to the link above the extension doesn't exist
>>
>> Strange, I found the same. Maybe webmaster just remove it since the 
>> author not list his mail address (standard procedure) ? :-)
> 
> its not removed , addons.mozilla.org seems to be under maintenance.
It right funny the only add on it shows you can install is Enigmail. ;-)

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phillip M. Jones, CET                         mailto:pjones@kimbanet.com
If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!                   http://www.vpea.org
                              http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0
Phillip
3/25/2007 7:13:44 PM
On 25/03/2007 2:21 PM, _Nir_ spoke thusly:
> its not removed , addons.mozilla.org seems to be under maintenance.

They're switching back and forth between the new version and the old.
<http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/it/2007/03/continued_amo_testing_debuggin.html>
-- 
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
List-owner: support-firefox, support-thunderbird
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
(Please do not email me tech support questions)
0
Chris
3/25/2007 7:23:57 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Two things,Why do I keep getting emails that I don't want. can't get rid of them? Why can't I get my email when I am out of town? Or can I?
Name: Ed Leech Email: ELCraftatzoominternetdotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Two things,Why do I keep getting emails that I don't want. can't get rid of them? Why can't I get my email when I am out of town? Or can I? Comments: I am getting frusted with all the emails coming in that I do not want, I am using the tools to get thme out but they keep coming. They just use different names or whatever. I have been thinking of just switching to something else but my business intrusts know this email and it is tooo confusing to change. Every time I go out of town on bu...

Can't 'Attach' files to email
Hello, When I click on the Attach button to try to attach a 'file.' I will see about 2 or 3 seconds of hard drive activity, but nothing else happens! There is no menu that pops up allowing me to Browse to the appropriate file. Now, if I click on Attach a 'Web Page,'then a menu does pop up and I can insert a URL. So I'm unable to attach any files to my emails. Suggestions please? Thanks, ST On 07/12/2011 8:46 PM, ST wrote: > Hello, > > When I click on the Attach button to try to attach a 'file.' I will see > about 2 or 3 second...

superreview requested: [Bug 314995] Can't save new card if no email entered : [Attachment 203841] Allow more than just email address as a minimum entry requirement
Mark Banner <bugzilla@standard8.demon.co.uk> has asked David Bienvenu <bienvenu@nventure.com> for superreview: Bug 314995: Can't save new card if no email entered https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=314995 Attachment 203841: Allow more than just email address as a minimum entry requirement https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=203841&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Mark Banner <bugzilla@standard8.demon.co.uk> This patch expands the requirement for just one field (primary email address) as a minimum entry to an address book c...

superreview granted: [Bug 314995] Can't save new card if no email entered : [Attachment 203841] Allow more than just email address as a minimum entry requirement
David Bienvenu <bienvenu@nventure.com> has granted Mark Banner <bugzilla@standard8.demon.co.uk>'s request for superreview: Bug 314995: Can't save new card if no email entered https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=314995 Attachment 203841: Allow more than just email address as a minimum entry requirement https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=203841&action=edit ...

Attaching emails as email attachments
Hi, Is this possible? I want to be able to attach a number of emails to another email and send it. A bit like you can do in Outlook where you can just drag the emails you want to send into the new email - they then appear as attachments with the envelope icon. I can attach other kinds of file without any problems, that all works fine. It's just attaching emails that's proving to be a problem. I'd like to do something like this: Dim oldEmail1 As New MailMessage(oldMailFrom1, oldMailTo1, oldSubject1, oldBody1) Dim oldEmail2 As New MailMessage(oldMailFrom2, oldMa...

can't send big email attachment
Dim TheMessage As String Dim TheMailMessage As New MailMessage Dim TheAttachment As MailAttachment TheMessage = content.Text TheMailMessage.From = fromemail.Text TheMailMessage.To = toemail.Text TheMailMessage.Priority = MailPriority.High TheMailMessage.Subject = subject.Text Dim filename As String = filenamebox.PostedFile.FileName TheMailMessage.Body = TheMessage TheAttachment = New MailAttachment(filename) TheMailMessage.Attachments.Add(TheAttachmen...

Saving email attachments- can't overwrite
I am trying to save an attachment to my network replacing a file that is already there. When I try to opposite click on the attachment and save as I select overwrite and get the warning "file is in use". I have full rights to the folder and file on the server and can overwrite outside of groupwise. The file is not open by anyone. -- spartanvb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 6/4/2010 6:56 AM, spartanvb wrote: > > I am trying to save an attachment to my network replacing a file that is > already there. Whe...

User can't open Email attachment
Hi, We have some users who can't open directly there attachments while other can. They all have the same policies and so do the workstations. We use N6sp4 with ZFD4.01(latest SP) and Client 4.9sp2 and w2ksp4 ads with exchange 2k coupled with NAM 3.0. Workstations are xpsp1. When I use RSOP (result of policies ) I can't see the thing what causes this. Even a forced run of level1remove doesn't change this. Are there people who have or had the same experience and better who have an explantion or solution. Thanks, Paul Are they getting an error when they try to...

Can't strip attachments from text of email
Name: Chuck Ring Email: cringatcomcastdotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't strip attachments from text of email Comments: I c an do so by taking a great deal of time to highlight the addresses or other HTML, but some are contained in boxes which necessitates starting all over. Is,'t there an easy way to choose a one or two-step option. It seems there used to be way back in the beginning of version 1+ Thank you Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org...

Can't email "attached"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070501050808080103000608 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Why is it that sometimes TB 1.5.0.4 cannot email something? By that I mean it just gets stuck and hitting the send button fails! Does nothing! Nada! I've been trying to debug this a bit and I get down to removing parts of the email until is sends. Lately I've gotten it down to the simply word of "attached". If present in the email I cannot send. If I remove it I can send. Really o...

Can't view email forwarded as attachment
I'm currently using SeaMonkey 1.1.14. As of last week, when someone forwards me an email as an attachment, the attachment is not recognized. Its as if it has no clue what to do with the content type (Content-Type: message/rfc822) or recognize the boundaries between sections (text and images). So images show up as the encoded ASCII text and can't be viewed. I also have access to a web interface to view email and I can see it fine there. It's only if I view it from an email client on the PC that I have a problem. And it only occurs with forwarded emails. If someone sends an e...

Some users can't open email attachment
Hi, I posted this before, but because I was on holiday .... We have some users who can't open directly there attachments while other can. (They have no possibility, The open button is grayed uot is just isn't there) They all have the same policies and so do the workstations. We use N6sp4 with ZFD4.01(latest SP) and Client 4.9sp2 and w2ksp4 active directory with exchange 2k (no group policy configured) coupled with NAM 3.0. Workstations are xpsp1. When I use RSOP (result of policies ) I can't see the thing what causes this. Even a forced run of level1remove doesn...

Can't send email with Unicode attachments
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem. I send emails regularly with attachments that include Japanese in the filename for work. I got a new laptop a while back, and while it worked fine on my Mac, emails with attachments that have Japanese in the filename wouldn't send in Thunderbird on Vista on my laptop. I could drag and drop files, but Microsoft Word documents with Japanese filenames wouldn't display the attachment icon (the one that depicts what kind of file it is), and when I hit send I got an error until I either removed that file...

Can't reply from email or attach file
Name: Gladstone Liang Email: gliangsfatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Can't reply from email or attach file Comments: I have been using Firefox for awhile but somehow over time some functions will not work. Most notably is that when reading emails, the reply function will not work. You can type a reply but the send will not function or shows sending but never actually sending... it will stay put forever. Additional if I want to attach files with the email, the attach navigator will not function and any click will show not reaction. All this forced me to load u...

Web resources about - Can't ready the email attachments which are inside email attachments. - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Attachment theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Attachment theory describes the dynamics of long-term relationships between humans . Its most important tenet is that an infant needs to develop ...

Facebook Allowing Page Admins To ‘Refresh Share Attachment?’
Facebook appears to have given page administrators the option of refreshing links that they share in posts on their pages . continued... New ...

Chronik-Fotos - Mama Bean - Unconditional Attachment - Facebook
Graphic design students at the University of North Texas asked this inspiring mama, Monica, to be the face of their ad campaign. The campaign ...

New Facebook Messages Only Provides an Online Attachment Viewing Feature for Microsoft Docs
In another move highlighting Facebook’s strategic relationship with investor Microsoft, the company has given the established office software ...

App Store - Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload ...
Get Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload files to cloud storage(Dropbox, Box, and G Drive), ...

Team Talk: Attachments, Beliefs and Fears - YouTube
Hi, I'm John Fitzgerald. Welcome to this week's edition of Team WealthBuilders. Since I touched on Attachments, Beliefs and Fears, I've had a ...

Invention of the Day: New ‘Alternative’ Gun Attachment May Prevent Shooting Deaths
The Ferguson Police Department is testing out a new device which they think might help prevent unnecessary shooting deaths. “The Alternative” ...

100th anniversary of Anzac landings brings home strong attachments
The commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the Anzac landings draws our attention to events that so many of us have a strong attachment to. ...

iPhones - Is Our Attachment To Smartphones A Bad Thing?
They cater to our basic human hunger for connection, so is our attachment to mobiles such a bad thing?

Apple not encrypting email attachments in iOS 7, security researcher claims
Apple's Mail app in iOS 7 is failing to encrypt email attachments, leaving user data vulnerable to hackers, a security researcher claims.

Resources last updated: 12/9/2015 4:51:28 AM