Can't change font

TB 52.7.0. Can no longer change font. Options/Display/Formatting. No matter
what size font is selected, nothing in the display changes. I had Theme &
Font Size Changer extension installed, but it quit working, and I removed
it. Seems to be only using the defaults from Window$ 10 64 bit. Restarted
with addons disabled (Safe mode), and still not able to change.
0
Rod

On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 08:19:54 -0500, Rod <abc@zyz.net> wrote:

>TB 52.7.0. Can no longer change font. Options/Display/Formatting. No matter
>what size font is selected, nothing in the display changes. I had Theme &
>Font Size Changer extension installed, but it quit working, and I removed
>it. Seems to be only using the defaults from Window$ 10 64 bit. Restarted
>with addons disabled (Safe mode), and still not able to change.

First time I looked at this.  Fonts for Latin and no English in list
????
0
ken1943
4/15/2018 1:29:13 PM
On 15-Apr-2018 09:29, ken1943 wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 08:19:54 -0500, Rod <abc@zyz.net> wrote:
>
>> TB 52.7.0. Can no longer change font. Options/Display/Formatting. No matter
>> what size font is selected, nothing in the display changes. I had Theme &
>> Font Size Changer extension installed, but it quit working, and I removed
>> it. Seems to be only using the defaults from Window$ 10 64 bit. Restarted
>> with addons disabled (Safe mode), and still not able to change.
>
> First time I looked at this.  Fonts for Latin and no English in list
> ????

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Latin-alphabet

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yamy7ov4
0
Endegee
4/15/2018 2:03:07 PM
On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 10:03:07 -0400, Endegee <ndg@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On 15-Apr-2018 09:29, ken1943 wrote:
>> On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 08:19:54 -0500, Rod <abc@zyz.net> wrote:
>>
>>> TB 52.7.0. Can no longer change font. Options/Display/Formatting. No matter
>>> what size font is selected, nothing in the display changes. I had Theme &
>>> Font Size Changer extension installed, but it quit working, and I removed
>>> it. Seems to be only using the defaults from Window$ 10 64 bit. Restarted
>>> with addons disabled (Safe mode), and still not able to change.
>>
>> First time I looked at this.  Fonts for Latin and no English in list
>> ????
>>

>https://www.britannica.com/topic/Latin-alphabet
>
>http://preview.tinyurl.com/yamy7ov4

Thanks, that was above my grade level !!!
0
ken1943
4/15/2018 2:38:02 PM
On 4/15/18 9:19 AM, Rod wrote:
> TB 52.7.0. Can no longer change font. Options/Display/Formatting. No matter
> what size font is selected, nothing in the display changes. I had Theme &
> Font Size Changer extension installed, but it quit working, and I removed
> it. Seems to be only using the defaults from Window$ 10 64 bit. Restarted
> with addons disabled (Safe mode), and still not able to change.

Options/Display/Formatting doesn't change the Folder Pane, Thread Pane,
Message Pane or any of the applications menu fonts.

It is only for the display of emails.

--
GO PENS!
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
On 2018-04-15 8:19 a.m., Rod wrote:
> TB 52.7.0. Can no longer change font. Options/Display/Formatting. No matter
> what size font is selected, nothing in the display changes. I had Theme &
> Font Size Changer extension installed, but it quit working, and I removed
> it. Seems to be only using the defaults from Window$ 10 64 bit. Restarted
> with addons disabled (Safe mode), and still not able to change.

If you want to replace the Theme Font & Size Changer add-on with a version that doesn't quit working every 90 days:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/addon/theme-font-size-changer-fixed/
0
Steve
4/15/2018 5:19:16 PM
On 04/15/2018 01:19 PM, Steve wrote:
> On 2018-04-15 8:19 a.m., Rod wrote:
>> TB 52.7.0. Can no longer change font. Options/Display/Formatting. No matter
>> what size font is selected, nothing in the display changes. I had Theme &
>> Font Size Changer extension installed, but it quit working, and I removed
>> it. Seems to be only using the defaults from Window$ 10 64 bit. Restarted
>> with addons disabled (Safe mode), and still not able to change.
>>
> If you want to replace the Theme Font & Size Changer add-on with a version that doesn't quit working every 90 days:
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/addon/theme-font-size-changer-fixed/

+1 got tired of it constantly not working. This one works fine.

--
Caver1
0
On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 12:19:16 -0500, Steve wrote:

> On 2018-04-15 8:19 a.m., Rod wrote:
>> TB 52.7.0. Can no longer change font. Options/Display/Formatting. No matter
>> what size font is selected, nothing in the display changes. I had Theme &
>> Font Size Changer extension installed, but it quit working, and I removed
>> it. Seems to be only using the defaults from Window$ 10 64 bit. Restarted
>> with addons disabled (Safe mode), and still not able to change.
>>
> If you want to replace the Theme Font & Size Changer add-on with a version that doesn't quit working every 90 days:
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/addon/theme-font-size-changer-fixed/

Thanks. Installed from your link, and now works. I wish Mozilla would add
this option to the basic build so we didn't have to have this extension.
0
Rod
4/15/2018 9:20:11 PM
On 04/15/2018 11:20 PM, Rod wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 12:19:16 -0500, Steve wrote:
>> On 2018-04-15 8:19 a.m., Rod wrote:
>>> TB 52.7.0. Can no longer change font. Options/Display/Formatting. No matter
>>> what size font is selected, nothing in the display changes. I had Theme &
>>> Font Size Changer extension installed, but it quit working, and I removed
>>> it. Seems to be only using the defaults from Window$ 10 64 bit. Restarted
>>> with addons disabled (Safe mode), and still not able to change.
>>>
>> If you want to replace the Theme Font & Size Changer add-on with a version that doesn't quit working every 90 days:
>>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/addon/theme-font-size-changer-fixed/
>
> Thanks. Installed from your link, and now works. I wish Mozilla would add
> this option to the basic build so we didn't have to have this extension.

I don't care about theme-font-size-changer, and I wouldn't want it to be
part of Thunderbird.
In any case, Thunderbird isn't a Mozilla product anymore.
0
Christian
4/16/2018 5:51:39 PM
On 4/16/18 1:51 PM, Christian Riechers wrote:
> On 04/15/2018 11:20 PM, Rod wrote:
>>>>
>>> If you want to replace the Theme Font & Size Changer add-on with a version that doesn't quit working every 90 days:
>>>
>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/addon/theme-font-size-changer-fixed/
>>
>> Thanks. Installed from your link, and now works. I wish Mozilla would add
>> this option to the basic build so we didn't have to have this extension.
>
> I don't care about theme-font-size-changer, and I wouldn't want it to be
> part of Thunderbird.
> In any case, Thunderbird isn't a Mozilla product anymore.

Well, Mozilla could add it to the basic build of Firefox which
Thunderbird is based on. It would take awhile to appear since a new
version of Thunderbird is only released once year.

The OP could try setting "layout.css.devPixelsPerPx" to a higher value
in the Config Editor.

--
GO PENS!
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
4/16/2018 6:15:12 PM
On 04/16/2018 01:51 PM, Christian Riechers wrote:
> On 04/15/2018 11:20 PM, Rod wrote:
>>>>
>>> If you want to replace the Theme Font & Size Changer add-on with a version that doesn't quit working every 90 days:
>>>
>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/addon/theme-font-size-changer-fixed/
>>
>> Thanks. Installed from your link, and now works. I wish Mozilla would add
>> this option to the basic build so we didn't have to have this extension.
>
> I don't care about theme-font-size-changer, and I wouldn't want it to be
> part of Thunderbird.
> In any case, Thunderbird isn't a Mozilla product anymore.

Everybody has their opinions. :)

--
Caver1
0