Calendar File Gets Zero'd Out

For the third time is as many months, my one and only Tbird calandar file gets emptied out.
Today it happened after doing a manual folder compact.  I had to retrieve  the .ics file from a
backup, and overwrite the zero bytes file.  Why is this happening?

--
croy
0

On 6/26/2018 11:14 PM, croy wrote:
> For the third time is as many months, my one and only Tbird calandar file gets emptied out.
> Today it happened after doing a manual folder compact.  I had to retrieve  the .ics file from a
> backup, and overwrite the zero bytes file.  Why is this happening?

I don't know what file you retrieved but your calendar data is in these
files in the profile in calendar-data in you profile are the one you
need to recreate your calendar

cache.sqlite
deleted.sqlite
local.sqlite

I also copy the folder backup in calendar-data.   I suspect some are not
necessary, but this works for me.

I copy these files when I want to insure my tablet has the same calendar
as my laptop.

0
Keith
6/27/2018 11:37:25 AM
On Wed, 27 Jun 2018 07:37:25 -0400, Keith Nuttle <keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 6/26/2018 11:14 PM, croy wrote:
>> For the third time is as many months, my one and only Tbird calandar file gets emptied out.
>> Today it happened after doing a manual folder compact.  I had to retrieve  the .ics file from a
>> backup, and overwrite the zero bytes file.  Why is this happening?
>>
>I don't know what file you retrieved but your calendar data is in these
>files in the profile in calendar-data in you profile are the one you
>need to recreate your calendar
>
>cache.sqlite
>deleted.sqlite
>local.sqlite
>
>I also copy the folder backup in calendar-data.   I suspect some are not
>necessary, but this works for me.
>
>I copy these files when I want to insure my tablet has the same calendar
>as my laptop.

Interesting.  All I replaced was the .ics file for my calendar, and everything came back.  Next
time it happens, I'll check out those files you mentioned.

Do you know if it's possible to open .sqlite files with an editor of some sort, to view the
contents?  It sure doesn't give up much in notepad.

--
croy
0
croy wrote:

> Do you know if it's possible to open .sqlite files with an editor of
> some sort, to view the contents?

<https://sqlitebrowser.org>
0
Andy