Attach window

In SeaMonkey there has always been an "Attachments" box as part of the
compose window.

<https://edmullen.net/temp/sm.jpg>

In Tbird there is not.

<https://edmullen.net/temp/tbird.jpg>

Any way to get it to appear like SM?  It's much more convenient to drag
and drop files into the box instead of TB opening an Explorer dialog
after clicking the Attachment button.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

On 5/17/2017 1:28 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:
> In SeaMonkey there has always been an "Attachments" box as part of the
> compose window.
>
> <https://edmullen.net/temp/sm.jpg>
>
> In Tbird there is not.
>
> <https://edmullen.net/temp/tbird.jpg>
>
> Any way to get it to appear like SM?  It's much more convenient to drag
> and drop files into the box instead of TB opening an Explorer dialog
> after clicking the Attachment button.

You don't need the attachment UI. If you experiment with drag and drop
you will find you can drop *anywhere* in the compose header, from far
left to far right. (including in the subject line)
0
Wayne
5/17/2017 8:37:43 PM
Ed Mullen wrote:

> In SeaMonkey there has always been an "Attachments" box as part of the
> compose window.
>
> <https://edmullen.net/temp/sm.jpg>
>
> In Tbird there is not.
>
> <https://edmullen.net/temp/tbird.jpg>
>
> Any way to get it to appear like SM?  It's much more convenient to drag
> and drop files into the box instead of TB opening an Explorer dialog
> after clicking the Attachment button.

You can drag and drop into Thunderbird. Drop onto the addressing area;
the attachments window will appear alongside.
0
zenos
5/17/2017 8:42:45 PM
On 5/17/17 at 1:28 PM, Ed Mullen's prodigious digits fired off with
great aplomb:
> In SeaMonkey there has always been an "Attachments" box as part of the
> compose window.
>
> <https://edmullen.net/temp/sm.jpg>
>
> In Tbird there is not.
>
> <https://edmullen.net/temp/tbird.jpg>
>
> Any way to get it to appear like SM?  It's much more convenient to drag
> and drop files into the box instead of TB opening an Explorer dialog
> after clicking the Attachment button.

Thanks for all the replies. It works but I don't find it either
intuitive or graceful.  As for saving space for the headers, not a
problem since my compose window is wide enough that opening the
attachment box doesn't cover anything up.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/