am having trouble popping my email from gmail

Hi,

I am having trouble popping my email from gmail this morning.
I am running TB 24.0 on Windows 7 x64 with a quad core cpu
and 16 GB of ram.

The message is: "The RETR command did not succeed.  Error
retrieving a message.  Mail server pop.gmail.com responded:
Unable to retrieve
rfc822msgid:<032901ceb857$5ddaa9c0$198ffd40$@gpaeurope.com>".

Any suggestions here?

Thanks,
Lynn
0
Lynn

On 9/23/2013 11:16 AM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble popping my email from gmail this morning.
> I am running TB 24.0 on Windows 7 x64 with a quad core cpu
> and 16 GB of ram.
>
> The message is: "The RETR command did not succeed.  Error
> retrieving a message.  Mail server pop.gmail.com responded:
> Unable to retrieve
> rfc822msgid:<032901ceb857$5ddaa9c0$198ffd40$@gpaeurope.com>".
>
> Any suggestions here?
>
> Thanks,
> Lynn

I deleted the email in question using the gmail user
interface and now the rest of my email downloaded
just fine.  Weird.

Thanks,
Lynn

0
Lynn
9/23/2013 4:28:48 PM
On 9/23/2013 11:28 AM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> On 9/23/2013 11:16 AM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am having trouble popping my email from gmail this morning.
>> I am running TB 24.0 on Windows 7 x64 with a quad core cpu
>> and 16 GB of ram.
>>
>> The message is: "The RETR command did not succeed.  Error
>> retrieving a message.  Mail server pop.gmail.com responded:
>> Unable to retrieve
>> rfc822msgid:<032901ceb857$5ddaa9c0$198ffd40$@gpaeurope.com>".
>>
>> Any suggestions here?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Lynn
>
> I deleted the email in question using the gmail user
> interface and now the rest of my email downloaded
> just fine.  Weird.
>
> Thanks,
> Lynn

And noted that gmail is having problems today.
    http://techcrunch.com/2013/09/23/gmails-ongoing-email-slow-down-nearing-resolution/

Lynn

0
Lynn

Does Thunderbird support "Message Rules" for both POP and IMAP email accounts?
Does Thunderbird support "Message Rules" for both POP and IMAP email accounts? Just uncovered that with Windows Live Mail, one can't use rules for IMAP or HTTP accounts. Thanks in advance natifnatal34@netscape.net wrote: > Does Thunderbird support "Message Rules" for both POP and IMAP email > accounts? > > Just uncovered that with Windows Live Mail, one can't use rules for > IMAP or HTTP accounts. > > Thanks in advance DO NOT CROSSPOST DO NOT CROSSPOST BETWEEN SERVERS! crosspost snipped If you want an answer, pick one ...

Hotmail & Gmail POP email not deleting email.
I have both Hotmail and Gmail setup with POP using Thunderbird 10. Both work fine as far as Thunderbird is concerned, but its the web pages that are kind of not working right (or the way I expect). Hotmail on the web shows the inbox empty, but the trash is full of email I have downloaded on TB. Gmail on the web shows emails in both the trash and the inbox. I didn't look closely and the trash could be email I deleted out of the inbox months ago, but the inbox should not be full. Both have the "leave a copy on the server" checkbox unchecked so in my opinion they...

trouble setting up thunderbird email
Name: David C. Arnold Email: dcakyatyahoodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: trouble setting up thunderbird email Comments: I can not set it up I have windows XP2. I can not use the email service. Can you help me. I do not know what type of incoming server I am using or the Name of the sever. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Congoo NetPass; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ...

Email aliases from Gmail to Thunderbird
Hi. I am a devout googlemail user but need to set up an email address for a new job. As the new job entails using google groups and google calender it needs to be a gmail account in name at least. So that it doesnt mess with my own email account .. i downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird to use as an interface. What i need to do now is to set up a cover to the email address.. or an email alias? To clarify, I need to change the email address so that it appears as a work address instead of a gmail. so in thunderbird i need to change the reciveing and sending email address form jod...

DELETE GMAIL emails in thunderbird
DELETE GMAIL emails in thunderbird ???? This just does not work !!!!! Can please help ??? I love tB.... but over the 5 years ... I can not get this to work ??? Jones Smith Want to sell something or get traffic to your site ??? Place it on GIZ. http://gizbuilder.com/ MikeJonesSmith wrote, on 21/07/2008 10:12 pm: > DELETE GMAIL emails in thunderbird ???? > > > This just does not work !!!!! > > Can please help ??? > > I love tB.... but over the 5 years ... I can not get this to work ??? > > > Jones Smith Jones...

Moving Thunderbird email folders to gmail
I would appreciate it very much if someone could give me some directions on how to move all of my saved messages and their respective folders to gmail. I have looked around and the most I could find is that I should use an IMAP client (what is that?) to do the transfer. Also, of course, I would like to do the transfer without disturbing the messages saved on my computer. The idea is to use gmail as a backup, and perhaps eventually go to gmail full time. Advice greatly appreciated! Edwin Edwin wrote: > I would appreciate it very much if someone could give > me some...

trouble setting up thunderbird email #2
Name: David C. Arnold Email: dcakyatyahoodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: trouble setting up thunderbird email Comments: I can not set it up I have windows XP2. I can not use the email service. Can you help me. I do not know what type of incoming server I am using or the Name of the sever. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Congoo NetPass; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ...

[email] Gmail support now in Gaia
As of a few minutes ago, gaia/master has support for Gmail over ActiveSync in the email app! There are some limitations, however (listed in approximate order of when they'll be fixed): 1) Only @gmail.com address work right now. Not @googlemail.com, and not Google Apps domains. I'll work on improving this, but we might need DNS SRV support to make it work 100% smoothly. (There will also probably be some manual configuration options as Andrew and I get autoconfig working). 2) If you type your password in wrong for your Gmail account, things might get a bit confused, but...

Using Gmails email threading in Thunderbird
Name: Dmitriy Zasyatkin Email: zasyatkinatgmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Using Gmails email threading in Thunderbird Comments: I fell in love with Gmail as soon as I started using it because the email threading made so much sense. I always wondered (and loathed) why emails were handled as separate files when in fact they were continuous threads. I use Thunderbird all the time and I think that it would be really great if Thunderbird had the ability to thread emails like Gmail does. It would make keeping up with emails so much easier because you can see the whol...

IDN Email Support Thunderbird 24+
Hi, I have been experimenting with the IDN functionality in the latest build of= Thunderbird, and I am wondering if there is any documentation on setting u= p a user with an IDN as well as sending emails with Thunderbird to an IDN e= mail address. For the record, I am only referencing the IDN domain with a 7bit ascii loca= l address, ie: user@=E5=90=88=E6=B0=97=E9=81=93.com When I setup the account, it will not let me use the IDN, so I have tried w= ith the punycode domain. The setup page accepts it, but I run into problems= with the sender address when I compose email to sen...

Thunderbird stopped sending my emails (gmail)
Sending of message failed. An error occurred sending mail: Unable to establish a secure link with SMTP server smtp.gmail.com using STARTTLS since it doesn't advertise that feature. Switch off STARTTLS for that server or contact your service provider. On May 8, 1:09=A0pm, Chris_H <chris.ho...@gmail.com> wrote: > Sending of message failed. > An error occurred sending mail: Unable to establish a secure link with > SMTP server smtp.gmail.com using STARTTLS since it doesn't advertise > that feature. Switch off STARTTLS for that server or contact your > servic...

Trouble, trouble, trouble
Name: Charles Fleming Email: charlesflmngatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Trouble, trouble, trouble Comments: I am beginning to wish I had not downloaded Firefox 3. It hangs up, does weird things, and it's even more problematic with YAHOO! than Firefox 2 was. I appreciate all your efforts, and I can only wish that I were a software brainiac like you guys, so I could fix this. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

DELETE GMAIL emails in thunderbird
DELETE GMAIL emails in thunderbird ???? This just does not work !!!!! Can please help ??? I love tB.... but over the 5 years ... I can not get this to work ??? Jones Smith Want to sell something or get traffic to your site ??? Place it on GIZ. http://gizbuilder.com/ In message <bfafb972-9fbe-4d38-bbb4-d6befb59bef3@k37g2000hsf.googlegroups.com> MikeJonesSmith <MikeJonesSmith@gmail.com> wrote: >DELETE GMAIL emails in thunderbird ???? > >This just does not work !!!!! > >Can please help ??? > >I love tB.... but over the 5 years ...

Thunderbird not receiving email for one POP account?
I use various POP email accounts and all seem to be fine except for one. It just doesn't get any incoming email. I've checked and rechecked the server settings and all is correct. I deleted the account and set it up again - same. Anybody have any suggestions? Is this a common thing in Thunderbird? On Wednesday 04 March 2009 03:23 AM, Frank A wrote: > I use various POP email accounts and all seem to be fine except for one. It just doesn't get any incoming email. I've checked and > rechecked the server settings and all is correct. I deleted the account a...

Web resources about - am having trouble popping my email from gmail - mozilla.support.thunderbird

The Troubles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... in Northern Ireland which spilled over at various times into England, the Republic of Ireland , and mainland Europe . The duration of the Troubles ...

App Store - Temple Trouble
Get Temple Trouble on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

trouble - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
You can see him kneading the styrofoam peanuts he loves them so much...

"When Mitt Romney Came to Town" (Full Version - [Audio Trouble]) - YouTube
PLEASE NOTE: New upload with good audio is at: http://youtu.be/Ad_E8VXm4m0 (audio sync issues with the version you're on now were not apparent ...

Toil ahead for oil, but expect double trouble for LNG
The crude oil market is seen as being in dire straits, but liquefied natural gas is much worse, according to experts.

Why is Mal Brough in trouble?
It has been a difficult couple of weeks for Special Minister of State Mal Brough. But what has brought the Turnbull government to a point where ...

Zenefits could be in big trouble for allegedly letting its salespeople sell insurance without a license ...
... to BuzzFeed. All of this comes at a bad time for Zenefits, which has had to deny public allegations that its business was in big trouble . ...

iPhone 6 Plus recruited to ease travel troubles for United Airlines customers
Customer service reps at United will be equipped with Apple's big-screened phone to assist travelers with problems at the airport.

Russian truckers blockade Moscow. Trouble for Putin?
Russian truck drivers are blockading roads in Moscow and other cities in protest over a new tax that is being collected by a private company ...

Georgia Sheriff In Trouble For ‘Politically Incorrect’ Sign Has A New Surprise For Atheists
Georgia Sheriff In Trouble For ‘Politically Incorrect’ Sign Has A New Surprise For Atheists