Addressbook - HTML preference indicator

In looking at the topic of Sending Email
and HTML - how do the entries in the Addressbook
acquire their HTML preference indicator...

I just went thru a couple entries as a test,
and manually changed them from "unknown" to "HTML"
0
PS56k
1/12/2018 4:51:40 AM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22322 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

PS56k <pschuman@no-spam.interserv.com> Wrote in message:
> In looking at the topic of Sending Email
> and HTML - how do the entries in the Addressbook
> acquire their HTML preference indicator...
>
> I just went thru a couple entries as a test,
> and manually changed them from "unknown" to "HTML"

Add far as I understand it, all entries default to "unknown" and
 it's up to the user to set them as he sees fit.
--
Chris
0
On 1/12/2018 2:36 PM, Chris wrote:
> PS56k <pschuman@no-spam.interserv.com> Wrote in message:
>> In looking at the topic of Sending Email
>> and HTML - how do the entries in the Addressbook
>> acquire their HTML preference indicator...
>>
>> I just went thru a couple entries as a test,
>> and manually changed them from "unknown" to "HTML"
>>

> Add far as I understand it, all entries default to "unknown" and
>  it's up to the user to set them as he sees fit.

Yes.  When I add an an entry by selecting the address in a message,
right-clicking, and selecting "Add to Address Book" from the context
menu, I then open my Address Book and edit it.  Selecting an E-mail
format is generally one of those items I edit.  Other items usually
include Nickname and Display Name.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump:  Please stop using Twitter.  We need
to hear your voice and see you talking.  We need to know
when your message is really your own and not your attorney's.
0
David