Address Information As Source for WORD Mail Merge

WinXP SP2 TB1.5

I would like to use my TB Address books as a source for my MS Word Mail
Merge.

I have not found any references that would tell me how to do this.

Suggestions

Texas Handly
0
Texas
1/10/2006 3:51:41 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 21849 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On 1/10/2006 7:51 AM On a whim, Texas Handly pounded out on the keyboard

> WinXP SP2 TB1.5
>
> I would like to use my TB Address books as a source for my MS Word Mail
> Merge.
>
> I have not found any references that would tell me how to do this.
>
> Suggestions
>
> Texas Handly

You could export the AB to a txt or csv file and then use the exported
file directly from Word, or import it into a Windows AB if you choose.

--
Terry

***Reply Note***
Terry
1/10/2006 4:17:32 PM
Texas Handly wrote:
> WinXP SP2 TB1.5
>
> I would like to use my TB Address books as a source for my MS Word Mail
> Merge.
>
> I have not found any references that would tell me how to do this.
>
> Suggestions
>
> Texas Handly

I know you asked about MS Word, but you can always download a
copy of Open Office and use it.  Open Office is able to use
Thunderbird address books as a data source. It is free and it
also easy to setup.  It /may/ be quicker to download OpenOffice
than to export/convert the address book into a text file.

Michael
0
Michael
1/10/2006 5:42:11 PM
On 10.01.2006 17:42 UK Time, Michael wrote:
> Texas Handly wrote:
>
>> WinXP SP2 TB1.5
>>
>> I would like to use my TB Address books as a source for my MS Word
>> Mail Merge.
>>
>> I have not found any references that would tell me how to do this.
>>
>> Suggestions
>>
>> Texas Handly
>

> I know you asked about MS Word, but you can always download a
> copy of Open Office and use it.  Open Office is able to use
> Thunderbird address books as a data source. It is free and it
> also easy to setup.  It /may/ be quicker to download OpenOffice
> than to export/convert the address book into a text file.

Hi Michael,

thanks for the interesting information.

I am in a gradual transition process between MS Office and OpenOffice
and have been using OpenOffice for some time for various purposes, but I
hadn't come across the ability to use TB address books.

Would you mind elaborating a little about the specific steps that are
involved?

--
Herbert Eppel
www.HETranslation.co.uk
Herb wrote:
> On 10.01.2006 17:42 UK Time, Michael wrote:
>
>> Texas Handly wrote:
>>
>>> WinXP SP2 TB1.5
>>>
>>> I would like to use my TB Address books as a source for my MS Word
>>> Mail Merge.
>>>
>>> I have not found any references that would tell me how to do this.
>>>
>>> Suggestions
>>>
>>> Texas Handly
>>

>> I know you asked about MS Word, but you can always download a
>> copy of Open Office and use it.  Open Office is able to use
>> Thunderbird address books as a data source. It is free and it
>> also easy to setup.  It /may/ be quicker to download OpenOffice
>> than to export/convert the address book into a text file.
>

> Hi Michael,
>
> thanks for the interesting information.
>
> I am in a gradual transition process between MS Office and OpenOffice
> and have been using OpenOffice for some time for various purposes, but I
> hadn't come across the ability to use TB address books.
>
> Would you mind elaborating a little about the specific steps that are
> involved?

Herb,

My error(s).  1) It was the old Open Office I was thinking off.  2) It
wasn't mail merge but the ability to use Mozilla (not TB) address books
as a database (.dbf format only.)

My apologies.

Michael
0
Michael
1/12/2006 8:49:07 PM
Herb wrote:
> On 10.01.2006 17:42 UK Time, Michael wrote:
>
>> Texas Handly wrote:
>>
>>> WinXP SP2 TB1.5
>>>
>>> I would like to use my TB Address books as a source for my MS Word
>>> Mail Merge.
>>>
>>> I have not found any references that would tell me how to do this.
>>>
>>> Suggestions
>>>
>>> Texas Handly
>>

>> I know you asked about MS Word, but you can always download a
>> copy of Open Office and use it.  Open Office is able to use
>> Thunderbird address books as a data source. It is free and it
>> also easy to setup.  It /may/ be quicker to download OpenOffice
>> than to export/convert the address book into a text file.
>

> Hi Michael,
>
> thanks for the interesting information.
>
> I am in a gradual transition process between MS Office and OpenOffice
> and have been using OpenOffice for some time for various purposes, but I
> hadn't come across the ability to use TB address books.
>
> Would you mind elaborating a little about the specific steps that are
> involved?

Sorry again!  In both the older version of OpenOffice, you can use
Mozilla addresss books as a data source.  In the new version of Open
Office, you can use both Mozilla and TB address books, .WAB, MS Outlook,
LDAP, etc.  as a data source.

I am not sure if this helps you or not.  I apologize for responding to
your post when I was not 100% sure of my information.

Michael
0
Michael
1/12/2006 10:26:16 PM
Michael wrote:
> Herb wrote:

>>> I know you asked about MS Word, but you can always download a
>>> copy of Open Office and use it.  Open Office is able to use
>>> Thunderbird address books as a data source. It is free and it
>>> also easy to setup.  It /may/ be quicker to download OpenOffice
>>> than to export/convert the address book into a text file.
>>

>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> thanks for the interesting information.
>>
>> I am in a gradual transition process between MS Office and OpenOffice
>> and have been using OpenOffice for some time for various purposes, but
>> I hadn't come across the ability to use TB address books.
>>
>> Would you mind elaborating a little about the specific steps that are
>> involved?
>>

> Sorry again!  In both the older version of OpenOffice, you can use
> Mozilla addresss books as a data source.  In the new version of Open
> Office, you can use both Mozilla and TB address books, .WAB, MS Outlook,
> LDAP, etc.  as a data source.
>
> I am not sure if this helps you or not.  I apologize for responding to
> your post when I was not 100% sure of my information.
>
> Michael
Michael

Thanks! My daughter is using Open Office, so I will check this out.

Texas Handly
0
Texas
1/13/2006 3:30:57 AM
On 12.01.2006 22:26 UK Time, Michael wrote:
> Herb wrote:

>>> I know you asked about MS Word, but you can always download a
>>> copy of Open Office and use it.  Open Office is able to use
>>> Thunderbird address books as a data source. It is free and it
>>> also easy to setup.  It /may/ be quicker to download OpenOffice
>>> than to export/convert the address book into a text file.
>>

>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> thanks for the interesting information.
>>
>> I am in a gradual transition process between MS Office and OpenOffice
>> and have been using OpenOffice for some time for various purposes, but
>> I hadn't come across the ability to use TB address books.
>>
>> Would you mind elaborating a little about the specific steps that are
>> involved?
>>

> Sorry again!  In both the older version of OpenOffice, you can use
> Mozilla addresss books as a data source.  In the new version of Open
> Office, you can use both Mozilla and TB address books, .WAB, MS Outlook,
> LDAP, etc.  as a data source.
>
> I am not sure if this helps you or not.  I apologize for responding to
> your post when I was not 100% sure of my information.

Hi Michael,

no need to apologise - thanks for the pointers, I'll check it out.

--
Herbert Eppel
www.HETranslation.co.uk

Data Source for Word Mail Merge
Can a composite dw be used as the data source for a mail merge in MS Word? Am using PB8.0.4, Sybase 12.5 on WINNT. ...

Confirmation that I want my email address removed from support-thunderbird mailing list
This is my confirmation that I want my email address "jerryfowler@hughes.net removed from the support-thunderbird mailing list. Thank you Jerry Fowler Jerry Fowler wrote: > This is my confirmation that I want my email address > "jerryfowler@hughes.net removed from the support-thunderbird mailing > list. Thank you Jerry Fowler You've missed the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of all the email messages. Only you can do that, Jerry. -- -bts -Given enough coffee, I could rule the world... Jerry Fowler wrote: > This is my confirmation that I ...

Groupwise 6.5 Address Book and MS Word Mail Merge
Does anyone know how to integrate the GW 6.5 address book with Word 2002 to do a Mail Merge? I can access the address for one document but it won't allow me for a mail merge. Thanks Gary Angus Gary, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options availab...

how to make the mail address visible in the mail list of thunderbird?
Hi, how can I make thunderbird showing not only the senders name in the mailbox but also the email adresse? Thanks in advance. On 6/12/2007 12:26 PM, Spiderman wrote: > Hi, > how can I make thunderbird showing not only the senders name in the > mailbox but also the email adresse? Thanks in advance. Tools>.Options>>Advanced>>General Uncheck "show only display name for people in my address book" -- Irwin Please do not use my email address to make requests for help. Knowledge Base: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page ...

Word 97 Mail Merge Works, Word 2K Fails
We are having problems with Word 2K vs. Word 97. We have been successfully performing automated mail merges in '97 for years. Now, under Word 2K, it fails. Running PB 9.0.2, Build 7610. Word 2K is 9.0.6926 SP-3 Windows 2K On a response window, we have an ole control as a new inserted object 'Microsoft Word Document'. We store the base Word document (letter) in an Oracle clob column, read the .doc in, and move it into the ole object with: blob lb_WordBlob oleobject lo_WordObj .... ole_word.ObjectData = lb_WordBlob .... lo_WordObj = ole_1.Object .... We cre...

While using Thunderbird, I attempted to send an e-mail using all the addresses in my address book. After I clicked "send," a box appeared that read "Invalid address syntax." Any suggestions
Name: Matthew Hankey Email: mattataltoonastardotorg Product: Thunderbird Summary: While using Thunderbird, I attempted to send an e-mail using all the addresses in my address book. After I clicked "send," a box appeared that read "Invalid address syntax." Any suggestions Comments: I checked the e-mail recipients addresses and they all appeared to be fine. Would it make a difference if the recipients name was next to his e-mail address (i.e. "Freeland, Bruce" <freeland.bruce@mayo.edu>). Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6....

Mail Merge in Thunderbird
Name: Hong-Mei Li Email: HongMei258atgmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Mail Merge in Thunderbird Comments: Recently, my department is converted to using Thunderbird. However, I cannot do mail merge in Thunderbird other than painly spend hours of cut and paste each names and addresses into the template. I hope Thunderbird development can create a much butter solution for incorporating mail merge to Thunderbird. Thanks, Hong-Mei Li Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

Word Mail Merge
Hello,I'm currently looking for a solution for creating a mail merged Word document.  What I'm hoping to be able to do is allow a user to either select from a list of predefined documents or upload a new word document with mail merge fields already configured and the system then performs the mail merge.  As this is an asp.net application native Word automation is not possible.  So I'm looking for a good cheap way of perform the mail merge unforuantelly while I have been able to find to pieces of software that will do want I need aspose.word and SoftArtisans WordW...

Merge mail in Thunderbird
Painfully spend hours of typing names and addresses of thousands of customers to send same mail (except that the `name' field is different). Hope someone create an extension or something like that. ...

mail merge from word
having problems with mail merge in word creating emails. seeing them when i am logged into groupwise, then proxied into an account, then trying to run the merge. sometimes it works, but the "from" account on the emails is not the account im proxied into, but the original count i logged into GW with.... and other times the merge doesnt work at all, killing word and displaying a MS error window just saying word experienced an issue and shut down. anyone else seeing these sort of errors? are these known issues? our system is patched with the latest 702hp1a (all agents p...

Mail Merge with Word
--____YFEMNGLBQUALWBEKMSUU____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anybody has an example in how to mail merge with word. My application = generates a Delinquent Notice kind of letter to let customers know they = are late in their payments. The user of the application would like to have the ability to modify the = content or the letter (right now I have a static text in a datawindw) or = even have the opportunity to have different kind of letters depending on = how late they are in the payments (i.e. less aggresive or mor...

Thunderbird Mail Merge
I read several posts but haven't received a definitive answer. It looks like there is currently no add-on or other way to create an email using fields from the contacts (i.e. First Name, Last Name, etc.). But has anyone found a software that does this? I don't want to send out mass emails I just want to be able to send an email populating information from the contacts section. Thanks! On 7/27/2007 12:15 PM, reneechandler@comcast.net wrote: > I read several posts but haven't received a definitive answer. It > looks like there is currently no add-on or other w...

Primary/Main e-mail address and additional e-mail address during composing e-mails in SM2...
Hi! Some of my addressbooks have two e-mail addresses for the same contact/person. In v1.1.18, I would type in a name and SM would show me both names to pick. In v2, it doesn't let me pick and always use the primary/main one. How can I make this behavior happen in v2 like in v1.1.18? Thank you in advance. :) -- "Ladies and gentlemen, hoboes and tramps...Crosseyed Mosquitoes and bow-legged ants...I've come to tell you the story..." --Bob Holman /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) | |o o| | Ant's Qua...

MS Word mail merge?
Wondering if Powerbuilder custom application could be used to communicate with Ms Word to perform a mail merge or create a default letter template? How would you communicate between the two apps? Thanks Stephane You can use OLE to do the merge. I believe Eric Aling has an example. You could also look at using an dw with RTF presentation style. -- Terry Dykstra [TeamPS] Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Stephane Viau wrote in message ... >Wondering if Powerbuilder custom application could be used to communicate >with Ms Word to perform a mail merge or create a default lette...

Web resources about - Address Information As Source for WORD Mail Merge - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

Queensland weather: Latest storm warning information
PARTS of Queensland were hit by severe storms, with golf-ball-size hail in the Granite Belt Monday afternoon.

Magnetic protein may provide animals with navigation information
What do monarch butterflies, salmon, lobsters, bats, mole rats, and marine nudibranch mollusks have in common? As I'm sure you already knew, ...

Security researchers have discovered more information on how the Sony hackers managed to stay undetected ...
More details of the hack that wiped out Sony Pictures' computer systems and resulted in thousands of internal emails and documents leaking online ...

Information Inflation
VideoThe universe is full of information and entropy is come along with the manifestation and interpretation of it. Therefore, the universe consists ...

Transpose focuses on business customers, starts charging for its information management platform
... business customers. The service began in 2014 as a note-taking application called KustomNote, but it has since grown into a more holistic information ...

UN Urges Release of All Information on Hammarskjold Death
UN urges all countries to release information on 1961 crash that killed UN chief Hammarskjold

Jenny McCarthy: Knowing co-star Charlie Sheen was HIV+ would have been 'valuable information'
Jenny McCarthy is not throwing her support behind Charlie Sheen in light of his revelation this week that he was diagnosed as HIV-positive four ...

Uzbek women’s murder: ‘We have been giving police all documents and information on a platter; we just ...
Even as they shuttle between the Embassy of Uzbekistan and police stations in the national capital, submitting petitions and recording statements, ...