adding a profile for alternate store folder

no matter what i do when thunderbird starts it doesn't show the accounts in my profile at ~/data/mail/.thunderbird/12345.default

Here's my profiles.ini
[General]
StartWithLastProfile=0

[Profile0]
Name=Default User
IsRelative=0
Path=/home/fugee/data/mail/.thunderbird/12345.default
Default=1
1
fugee
12/30/2016 12:00:48 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 21886 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On 12/30/2016 6:00 AM, fugee ohu wrote:
> no matter what i do when thunderbird starts it doesn't show the accounts in my profile at ~/data/mail/.thunderbird/12345.default
>
> Here's my profiles.ini
> [General]
> StartWithLastProfile=0
>
> [Profile0]
> Name=Default User
> IsRelative=0
> Path=/home/fugee/data/mail/.thunderbird/12345.default
> Default=1

I happen to move my TB data to be under my Win10 \documents\ folder,
so I can just backup that folder and get all my email files too...
and only have a single user and single profile

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=0
Path=c:\users\owner\documents\t8h19f2s.default

0
PS56k
1/4/2017 12:11:53 AM
On 2017-01-03 19:11, PS56k wrote:
> On 12/30/2016 6:00 AM, fugee ohu wrote:
>> no matter what i do when thunderbird starts it doesn't show the accounts in my profile at ~/data/mail/.thunderbird/12345.default
>>
>> Here's my profiles.ini
>> [General]
>> StartWithLastProfile=0
>>
>> [Profile0]
>> Name=Default User
>> IsRelative=0
>> Path=/home/fugee/data/mail/.thunderbird/12345.default
>> Default=1
>>
> I happen to move my TB data to be under my Win10 \documents\ folder,
> so I can just backup that folder and get all my email files too...
> and only have a single user and single profile
>
> [General]
> StartWithLastProfile=1
>
> [Profile0]
> Name=default
> IsRelative=0
> Path=c:\users\owner\documents\t8h19f2s.default

Warning: If by "back up that folder" you mean "copy that folder to
another drive/partition", you may not be backing up the Tbird profile.
 From
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-7-libraries-%E2%80%93-and-why-you-want-them/

"The important thing to remember is this: the subfolders are not
actually stored in the library."

"Libraries" in Windows can be confusing. On the one hand, a library is
folder in which you can store files. On the other hand, it's a list of
pointers to other folders. If you simply copy a library, you copy any
files stored in it, and the pointers to the subfolders. Thus, backing up
a library is tricky. See here for advice on how to do it right:
http://superuser.com/questions/65246/windows-7-libraries-how-do-you-back-them-up

There's also a danger of losing data: "delete" does not work the same
way on files as on folders in a library.

--
Wolf K.
https://kirkwood40.blogspot.com
On 1/3/2017 7:35 PM, Wolf K. wrote:
> On 2017-01-03 19:11, PS56k wrote:
>> On 12/30/2016 6:00 AM, fugee ohu wrote:
>>> no matter what i do when thunderbird starts it doesn't show the
>>> accounts in my profile at ~/data/mail/.thunderbird/12345.default
>>>
>>> Here's my profiles.ini
>>> [General]
>>> StartWithLastProfile=0
>>>
>>> [Profile0]
>>> Name=Default User
>>> IsRelative=0
>>> Path=/home/fugee/data/mail/.thunderbird/12345.default
>>> Default=1
>>>
>> I happen to move my TB data to be under my Win10 \documents\ folder,
>> so I can just backup that folder and get all my email files too...
>> and only have a single user and single profile
>>
>> [General]
>> StartWithLastProfile=1
>>
>> [Profile0]
>> Name=default
>> IsRelative=0
>> Path=c:\users\owner\documents\t8h19f2s.default
>
> Warning: If by "back up that folder" you mean "copy that folder to
> another drive/partition", you may not be backing up the Tbird profile.
> From
> http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-7-libraries-%E2%80%93-and-why-you-want-them/
>

> "The important thing to remember is this: the subfolders are not
> actually stored in the library."
>
> "Libraries" in Windows can be confusing. On the one hand, a library is
> folder in which you can store files. On the other hand, it's a list of
> pointers to other folders. If you simply copy a library, you copy any
> files stored in it, and the pointers to the subfolders. Thus, backing up
> a library is tricky. See here for advice on how to do it right:
> http://superuser.com/questions/65246/windows-7-libraries-how-do-you-back-them-up
>

> There's also a danger of losing data: "delete" does not work the same
> way on files as on folders in a library.

like I said - I backup the FOLDER --> c:\users\owner\documents\

which is also where my TB files are stored.
Path=c:\users\owner\documents\t8h19f2s.default

Just finished my monthly laptop backup -
1 - use Win Backup to create a System Image on an external USB 2TB disk
2 - "copy" each [folder] so individual files can be accessed if needed.

c:\users\owner\documents
c:\users\owner\music
c:\users\owner\photos
c:\users\owner\videos