Accessing Newsgroup settings on another Networked computer

Hi,
I would like to access my settings for Thunderbird off my main PC, onto
my laptop.

I only want to access the Newsgroup settings off my main PC, so that
when I view a message on my laptop it will then be marked as read when I
later open thunderbird on my main PC.

Both computers are networked and I can access files and folders on both
PC's.

On my Laptop, I went into Tools>Account Settings>Newsgroups>Server
Settings and tried to change the newsrc file from its default of:

C:\Documents and Settings\Rod\Application
Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\kn2w15am.default\News\text-news.blueyonder.co.uk.rc

to where my main PC stores its newsgroup settings I think:

\\thor\C:\Documents and Settings\Rod\Application
Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\kn2w15am.default\News\text-news.blueyonder.co.uk.rc

But thunderbird offers to OVERWRITE this file.

I don't want to do this, as I think it will copy my mail settings from
my Laptop to my main PC.

Am I barking up the wrong tree, and is this possible?

TIA
--
Rod
0

_Rod_ spoke thusly on 26/02/2006 2:03 PM:

> Hi,
> I would like to access my settings for Thunderbird off my main PC, onto
> my laptop.
>
> I only want to access the Newsgroup settings off my main PC, so that
> when I view a message on my laptop it will then be marked as read when I
> later open thunderbird on my main PC.
>
> Both computers are networked and I can access files and folders on both
> PC's.
>
> On my Laptop, I went into Tools>Account Settings>Newsgroups>Server
> Settings and tried to change the newsrc file from its default of:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Rod\Application
> Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\kn2w15am.default\News\text-news.blueyonder.co.uk.rc
>

> to where my main PC stores its newsgroup settings I think:
>
> \\thor\C:\Documents and Settings\Rod\Application
> Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\kn2w15am.default\News\text-news.blueyonder.co.uk.rc
>

> But thunderbird offers to OVERWRITE this file.
>
> I don't want to do this, as I think it will copy my mail settings from
> my Laptop to my main PC.

The RC file contains the list of subscribed groups, and keeps track of
which messages are read. No mail settings are kept in the RC file.
--
Chris Ilias
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

How Do I set up Thunderbird if I have no computer or inet home access?
Name: Alan DiCara Email: alandicaraatyahoodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: How Do I set up Thunderbird if I have no computer or inet home access? Comments: 3.5.2008 Hi- I just downloaded your T-bird files to a pc at a public university as I have no PC connected to the internet at home or elsewhere. I did this to create an email for me for a new site I am creating. I'm sure the university will delete these files and I may delete them myself for security reasons. What happens then? Will I still have this email? Can I still use it? What can users without personal ...

Setting up a second Delphi2007 computer to access network folders
HI all, this has me really stupmped. I am adding a second programmer using Delphi2007 (I have all the correct licenses) and after setting everything up. I am trying to access a file of common procedures, functions, etc. that we use. This file is :F\source\_common\lib32.pas (& lib32.dcu). Even after adding the F:\Source\_common directory to the projects Search Path I get an error saying "lib32.dcu" not found?? Why? Edward Malloy wrote: > HI all, this has me really stupmped. I am adding a second programmer > using Delphi2007 (I have all the correct licenses) and after...

Multiple Thunderbirds accessing one set of networked email files
Name: Jet Graphics Email: jetgraphicsatyahoodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Multiple Thunderbirds accessing one set of networked email files Comments: I tried to install a second TBird with the "local files" pointing to a networked location (where my primary TBird operates). It did not work. I'd rather not have each TBird download a separate copy. Ultimately, I'd like to be able to do my email reading from 3 different computers on my LAN with only one repository of files. My question - can it be done? And if so, how? In the alternative, how can one us...

problem of connecting access database which is in another computer's share in same network
I create an application(asp.net 2.0/C#) in which I connect an access database(.mdb file) which is in another machine's share folder.I use the following connection string : <connectionStrings> <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\\xxx\SHARE\xx.mdb" providerName="System.Data.OleDb" /> </connectionStrings>  it works properly.i populate a gridview with the data is being fetched.when i run the program from my machine it works properly. But, when i browse this project from another machine, error occurs ...

Migrating mail from Outlook on one computer to Thunderbird on another computer
Hi I got a new computer and loaded Thunderbird on it. On my old computer I used Outlook. With Outlook, I exported my 2 most important folders: Inbox and Archive as both pst's and as csv. I moved these exported files to my new computer's desktop. Finally I tried using the Thunderbird import applet to import these folders to Thunderbird. No luck so far. Any advice on how to get the emils from Outlook on one machine to Thunderbird on the other machine would be greatly appreciated. BTW: I did the export from Outlook without encryption, if that helos. Thanks, Lenny Wintfe...

Thunderbird Newsgroup Settings
I am having trouble (re)subscribing back into this Techtalk NG. Despite unsubbing and restarting Thunderbird, the old message count stays the same and they are no older than 5-days, that which I previously set as a limit. I unchecked the box about deleting and time limits and so forth. I expected to see a question asked to me if I wanted to download more than 2000 headers or some such ... but I see none. The reason I am doing this is that _now_ I have GMail Imap and _now_ I want to see that posting about how to move the email folders and messages over from POP GMail to the ne...

How to access other computer in network
Hi, I just installed openSuse 11.2 on my laptop and I'm trying to access my other Ubuntu PC. I've already shared a folder "Pictures" in that PC and I was able to access it when I was running Ubuntu on my laptop. I've also installed Samba and Samba Client. Please guide me to access the network computer and its shared folder Regards, Anant -- anantg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ anantg;2067290 Wrote: > Hi, > > I just installed openSuse 11.2 on my laptop and I'm trying to access my &...

Setting up newsgroup support
For a long time I've depended on microsoft-based newsgroups (e.g., microsoft.public.windowsxp.support) under the account msnews.microsoft.com and microsoft has discontinued that availability. I've been led to believe that that same newsgroup can still be accessed via some other server, such as alt.comp.os.windows-xp but I don't know how to set that up in my TB 2.0.0.24 . I'll appreciate instructions for getting there. William B. Lurie wrote: > For a long time I've depended on microsoft-based newsgroups (e.g., > microsoft.public.windowsxp.support) ...

How to set up NewsGroups under Thunderbird?
Can someone point me to some FAQ or other information source about how to set up NewsGroups under Thunderbird. I had Thunderbird downloaded to my computer a few days ago, after some problems with Outlook Express. TIA, Nev. Nev. wrote: > Can someone point me to some FAQ or other information source about > how to set up NewsGroups under Thunderbird. I had Thunderbird > downloaded to my computer a few days ago, after some problems with > Outlook Express. > > TIA, > > Nev. > > this may be helpful : http://kb.mozillazine.org/Joinin...

accessing network computer
hello to all my problem is i want to download files through my web page. my code is working in local machine, but as multi server environment - i want to access files which is in different computer. how i can achieve this in .net  http://www.munishbhatia.com Hi munishbhatia, Based on my understanding, you want to access the files which store on the other machines and write these files to client. The issue is how to let ASP.NET access the remote files. If I have misunderstood your concern, please let me know. For this scenario, we can use impersonation. For the detailed infor...

Access Denied (policy_denied) Your system policy has denied access to the requested URL. For assistance, contact your network support team.
Name: dorothy assadi Email: fatimap77atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Access Denied (policy_denied) Your system policy has denied access to the requested URL. For assistance, contact your network support team. Comments: all of your search services are marked with the aforementioned error message. I cannot access anything email, search info on firefox because of this message. other people are also experiencing the same message. your services are top notch but not accessible. please fix it. thank you. assadi Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5....

computer routing stuff to another computer, through my computer
Hello, everyone. I'm new in this group and, because I'm not an expert, I thought I'd ask for your opinion before I go about warning other people about this. Please read and enlighten me... let me know what you think... I surf the net using internet prepaid cards and I'm always trying new brands/companies. Well, last Sunday I bought one called Mega (never seen it before, so it must be new) and here's what happens: Whenever my computer is connected to Mega, suspicious attempts to route data packets from a computer 64.94.96.102 (no host name) -- through my com...

Access DNN from another computer
I can't access my site from another computer, in my computer works (http://localhost/dnn), but in others computer do not works.http://<MyIpAddress>/dnnIt's works only in my computer.... but others pages in ASP or HTML works perfectly in LAN. The problem is only in ASP.NET. I'm experiencing the same... If I try to access DNN from a different computer, the browser immediately tries to pull from localhost. I assume it probably has to do with the fact that I installed from localhost, and did not perform a "remote installation"? Best regards,   -Mark C. Try it wi...

Web resources about - Accessing Newsgroup settings on another Networked computer - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Accessing the Future Fund a sensible proposal, says super expert Daryl Dixon
As portfolios go, the Future Fund's asset allocation is concentrated in higher-risk investment, including equities and alternative assets.

Accessing my Super
I'm 57 - can I access my super?

Australia, US accessing Indonesian telephone data, leaked documents show
Newly disclosed documents from former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that Australian intelligence efforts against Indonesia ...

Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke detained at Melbourne Airport, accuses Customs officials of accessing ...
Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke has accused Customs officials of accessing hundreds of patients' sensitive records on his laptop after detaining ...