"tag toolbar" add-on not working on new TB

After such a long wait, I eagerly downloaded and installed fresh TB
yesterday,
only to find that my add-on "tag toolbar" is not working in it.

it has been not updated for years, so I don't think its developer is
likely to release an update for new tb.

This add-on is very much required for my daily working, as I use it to
group clients different mails in one place by giving a unique tag no.
for each project.

I had seen here that by doing some tweaking in about:config or somewhere
in the add-on files, we can make an add on work for a higher version.

can someone please suggest that method?

Thanks.
--
Rawat
mozilla.support.thunderbird 21829 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

humble reminder.

can anyone please tell me the setting in about:config or elsewhere that
will make an add-on WORK in that version.

Thanks.
--
Rawat

On 4/24/17 1:31 AM, V S Rawat wrote:
> humble reminder.
>
> can anyone please tell me the setting in about:config or elsewhere
> that will make an add-on WORK in that version.
>
> Thanks.

The one that was for getting unsigned extensions to work in Firefox,
once they required signed extensions?

Thunderbird does not require extensions to be signed and it is already
set to "false" by default.

xpinstall.signatures.required;false

--
Go Bucs and Pens!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

0
WaltS48
4/24/2017 12:26:38 PM
can I set that to true in about:config, and will it start working then?

I have installed 45.0 again when that add-on didn't work, so I can't
test the above right now, until I install 52 again.

Thanks.