'Start -> E-mail [Mozilla Thunderbird]' starts two Thunderbird windows.

Hi,

I am seeing this unexpected behavior with Thunderbird's trunk builds on
Windows XP.

When I start Thunderbird using the 'Start -> E-mail [Mozilla
Thunderbird]' way, I always get two windows of Thunderbird. That is not
the case when I use the 'Start -> All Programs -> Mozilla Thunderbird
-> Mozilla Thunderbird]' way. The later only opens one window - as
expected.

I believe this is related to the 'minimize to tray' extension, because
when I disable that extension, everything is just fine. The extension
does not say it is compatible with trunk builds, so I should not
complain!

But I thought there may be a soul out there who had similar problem and
fixed it some how. Anyone?

Mahesh.

0
Mahesh

Mahesh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am seeing this unexpected behavior with Thunderbird's trunk builds on
> Windows XP.
>
> When I start Thunderbird using the 'Start -> E-mail [Mozilla
> Thunderbird]' way, I always get two windows of Thunderbird. That is not
> the case when I use the 'Start -> All Programs -> Mozilla Thunderbird
> -> Mozilla Thunderbird]' way. The later only opens one window - as
> expected.
>
> I believe this is related to the 'minimize to tray' extension, because
> when I disable that extension, everything is just fine. The extension
> does not say it is compatible with trunk builds, so I should not
> complain!
>
> But I thought there may be a soul out there who had similar problem and
> fixed it some how. Anyone?
>
> Mahesh.

Try to update the extension or uninstall and reinstall a fresh
copy of that extension may fix this problem.

Here is a list of some alternative applications for minimizing to
tray purpose :
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=511144#511144
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Minimize_to_system_tray_%28Thunderbird%29
0
Nir

2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start
Name: Robert Calhoon Email: rjcalhoonatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: 2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start Comments: sip these two go back to earlier version wait till starting gets fixed broke on office machine and home 4 pc's broke too. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

'run' of interface 'nsIProcess' failed in Thunderbird 3 RC1 but works in Thunderbird 2
Hi all, I've got a problem with a Thunderbird add-on which works always fine in Thunderbird 2. But in Thunderbird 3 (RC1) there are some problems. I hope someone can help me with the following point: The extension should start a windows application (exe) with some arguments, first time. The application keeps itself in the memory. All following calls of the application with arguments should call the still existing application with new arguments and so on (keep itself in memory and get the new arguments is managed by the application). But with Tunderbird 3 (RC1) there is ...

How to set Thunderbird to start or to not start when Windows starts?
New to this forum, and got only a week's worth of topics. I have recently migrated Thunderbird from XP to Vista, but I still use the XP workstation and want to keep Thunderbird on it, but I don't want it to start each time at boot up. Can someone tell me how to prevent Thunderbird from starting when Windows starts in WinXP ? I have looked in the registry, in the profiles.ini and in the Thunderbird help section. Also, how to set it up to start when Vista starts? Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070709080209030101050405 Content...

How to 'force' Thunderbird to open 'secondary windows' on main monitor?
Not sure whether this is a Windows issue or a Thunderbird issue :-\ My main workstation is a PC with two monitors. After a long period of 'good behaviour', Thunderbird started 'misbehaving' again in the sense that it opens 'secondary windows' (i.e. the composition windows that open when one writes, replies to or forward messages) on my secondary monitor. How can I 'force' Thunderbird to open these windows on main monitor, without having to use an application such as Actual Window Manager? -- Herbert Eppel www.HETranslation.co.uk On 27/01/...

'Thunderbird thinks this e-mail is a scam' message
Name: Karen Isaacson Email: kareniatterracewebdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: 'Thunderbird thinks this e-mail is a scam' message Comments: If I get mail that Thunderbird thinks is a scam [largely due to the fact that links go to a domain name other than that of an organization, like a lot of online activism opportunities do], I have no way to say 'no, this isn't a scam and please add this to my list of ok people/organizations'. It would be nice to have that option because every single mail I get from an organization that I want to hear from and res...

Improving the Thunderbird Mail Start Page for Thunderbird 2
The Thunderbird mail start page is woefully out of date. It links to features that were new in Thunderbird 1.0 and 1.5. Nothing about all the new features available to users in Thunderbird 2. We'd like to replace the existing Feature items in the start page with a new list of features. It'd be really nice to highlight the new Thunderbird 2 features in the start page. But fixing this would require us to break the string freeze and is something we are reluctant to do without further conversation with all the localizers. For more details see: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_...

Thunderbird
Hi, How do I know if a message is 'local' (e.g. you wrote it yourself, so it's in the sent, drafts or concepts folder, or any other folder where you want to store those mails), or if it is 'remote' (e.g. you received it in your inbox). Of course I also want messages you sent to yourself to be recognized as remote. If it's of any matter, my main extension code is called from the messagepane-loaded event. Thanks, Frederik Vanderstraeten Frederik Vanderstraeten schreef: > Hi, > > How do I know if a message is 'local' (e.g. you wrote it yo...

Thunderbird to Thunderbird
Our laptop went bad but hard drive is good and have accessed it. How do I transfer the email etc. from the old laptop to a desktop computer with a fresh install of thunderbird? Thank you! zparky wrote: > Our laptop went bad but hard drive is good and have accessed it. How do > I transfer the email etc. from the old laptop to a desktop computer with > a fresh install of thunderbird? > Thank you! Find your profile folder on the old drive. (This will help you find it: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird Use the instructions for Vista if you are...

Support for refugees from Vista's Windows Mail in Thunderbird 3?
Microsoft is terminating both Windows XP's "Outlook Express" and Vista's "Windows Mail" in favor of "Windows Live Mail". Judging from my experience trying Windows Live Mail (see www.segal.org/tablet/live/) and from the negative impressions voiced in the windows.public.windows.live.mail.desktop newsgroup, the switch to Windows Live Mail could be an occasion for many people to move to Thunderbird. Vista users are unlikely to switch to Thunderbird 2 since it only imports from older mail programs and not from Vista's "Windows Mail"...

Shceduling an e-mail to be sent by THUNDERBIRD -
Name: Daniel Hardigree Email: danieloftheclearatallteldotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Shceduling an e-mail to be sent by THUNDERBIRD - - Thunderbird is the best e-mail client by far Comments: It would be wonderful to have a way to write an e-mail like this little area that would be scheduled TO BE SENT TO THE BOSS at a given TIME. He text me today to remind him tomorrow to talk to him about something. THIS WAY he gets a REMINDER on his iPhone and I get a REMINDER on my phone, at a designated time! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1....

Importing to 'New' from 'Old' Thunderbird files
Searching Thunderbird I found 'Importing' but it wont work for me. I have a Windows XP which failed, (viruses, etc.) and the hard disk Drive C has been installed on the new XP as Drive 'E' (backup). The teccihie installed Windows etc on the new Drive C and REMOVED Windows programs from Drive E. When I attempted to get into Thunderbird, I was initially taken back to Step 1 to setup my own e-mail and language NewsGroup. My dread is I have lost the old Thunderbird Messages and Address Book which theoretically should be on Dive E. Can I rescue them - what are the ...

Wanted to use Thunderbird and couldn't because my e-mail account through Juno does not support it
Name: jane Ehret Email: jae1991atjunodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Wanted to use Thunderbird and couldn't because my e-mail account through Juno does not support it Comments: What companies do support Thunderbird? Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) jane Ehret wrote: > Name: jane Ehret > Email: jae1991atjunodotcom > Product: Thunderbird > Summary: Wanted to use Thunderbird and couldn't because my e-mail account through Juno does not support it According to http://www.juno.com/supp...

Tried deleting 10 000 mails from an imap account, now thunderbird won't start.
After I marked the 10.000 e-mails and hit delete, I quickly realized that this was a bad idea. I let Thunderbird have a go at it for quite some time, but eventually gave up and killed the application. I then logged into my webmail and deleted the mail messages that was clogging up my inbox, and then restarted Thunderbird. But Thunderbird just crashes when I try starting it. It is as if it is still trying to delete those 10.000 messages. It just stops at the main interface and nothing happens. So is there a way I can delete the account that had those 10.000 emails from Thunderbird ...

unable to e-mail photos because Thunderbird will not tell PhotoPro II it is the default e-mail carrier. Problem only since last week's automatic update.
Name: Mike Rollins Email: mikeratyftdotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: unable to e-mail photos because Thunderbird will not tell PhotoPro II it is the default e-mail carrier. Problem only since last week's automatic update. Comments: My Photo Pro II has always sent photos thru e-mail but has Thundebird has refused to identify itself as the default e-mail client since the update last week. This problem assumes emergency proportions as of this morning. I MUST be allowed to transmit my photos. I would hate to have to return to 'Outlook Express' to ge the job don...

Current 'how to compile' guide for Thunderbird on Windows?
I've looked around and found a few 'how to compile' guides for Thunderbird on Windows but I'm not sure if they are still current. Can anyone recommend an up to date guide? -- MarkR PGP public key: http://www.signal100.com/markr/publickey Key fingerprint: 2F64 8EC1 771C 3895 A230 3BE1 2501 A882 C9C5 C162 Mark Rousell wrote: > I've looked around and found a few 'how to compile' guides for > Thunderbird on Windows but I'm not sure if they are still current. Can > anyone recommend an up to date guide? The official documentation is ht...

Web resources about - 'Start -> E-mail [Mozilla Thunderbird]' starts two Thunderbird windows. - mozilla.support.thunderbird