Youtube thumbnails

Hello

I have a problem with Youtube.

Videos can be played correctly, but thumbnails are missing.

Only grey areas can be seen.

See picture here :

https://i.ibb.co/nnL3MFW/Capture.jpg

This a user profile problem, because thumbnails are displayed with a new
profile.

Disabling and even uninstalling of all the add-ons does not solve this
problem.

Any idea is welcome to rescue this user profile.

0
Georges
3/9/2020 11:11:13 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13415 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Georges B wrote on 10/03/2020 00:11:

> Hello
>
> I have a problem with Youtube.
>
> Videos can be played correctly, but thumbnails are missing.
>
> Only grey areas can be seen.
>
> See picture here :
>
> https://i.ibb.co/nnL3MFW/Capture.jpg
>

> This a user profile problem, because thumbnails are displayed with a new profile.
>
> Disabling and even uninstalling of all the add-ons does not solve this problem.
>
> Any idea is welcome to rescue this user profile.

For me that happens when I use a specially crated user agent string to overcome the problem of Google search field being incorrectly displayed (text misaligned).

Returning to the default user agent solves this problem with Youtube (although the problem with Google comes back).

Please check whether your two profiles have different user agent strings.
0
Rubens
3/9/2020 11:42:48 PM
Rubens a écrit :
> Georges B wrote on 10/03/2020 00:11:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> I have a problem with Youtube.
>>
>> Videos can be played correctly, but thumbnails are missing.
>>
>> Only grey areas can be seen.
>>
>> See picture here :
>>
>> https://i.ibb.co/nnL3MFW/Capture.jpg
>>

>> This a user profile problem, because thumbnails are displayed with a
>> new profile.
>>
>> Disabling and even uninstalling of all the add-ons does not solve this
>> problem.
>>
>> Any idea is welcome to rescue this user profile.
>>

> For me that happens when I use a specially crated user agent string to
> overcome the problem of Google search field being incorrectly displayed
> (text misaligned).
>
> Returning to the default user agent solves this problem with Youtube
> (although the problem with Google comes back).
>
> Please check whether your two profiles have different user agent strings.

The idea is good, but i have already checked this.
The user-agent string is the same for working and not-working profiles.

If i modify this string, Youtube is displayed differently, but always
without thumbnails.

And the problem is only for Youtube.
If i go to another video website, i have the thumbnails.

0
Georges
3/10/2020 7:26:12 AM
Georges B a écrit :
> Rubens a écrit :
>> Georges B wrote on 10/03/2020 00:11:
>>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I have a problem with Youtube.
>>>
>>> Videos can be played correctly, but thumbnails are missing.
>>>
>>> Only grey areas can be seen.
>>>
>>> See picture here :
>>>
>>> https://i.ibb.co/nnL3MFW/Capture.jpg
>>>

>>> This a user profile problem, because thumbnails are displayed with a
>>> new profile.
>>>
>>> Disabling and even uninstalling of all the add-ons does not solve
>>> this problem.
>>>
>>> Any idea is welcome to rescue this user profile.
>>>

>> For me that happens when I use a specially crated user agent string to
>> overcome the problem of Google search field being incorrectly
>> displayed (text misaligned).
>>
>> Returning to the default user agent solves this problem with Youtube
>> (although the problem with Google comes back).
>>
>> Please check whether your two profiles have different user agent strings.
>

> The idea is good, but i have already checked this.
> The user-agent string is the same for working and not-working profiles.
>
> If i modify this string, Youtube is displayed differently, but always
> without thumbnails.
>
> And the problem is only for Youtube.
> If i go to another video website, i have the thumbnails.

Found the problem.

Domain ytimg.com was blocked in the permissions tab.

Once this block is removed, the thumbnails are displayed.

0
Georges
3/10/2020 7:24:07 PM
Georges B wrote:
> Rubens a écrit :
>> Georges B wrote on 10/03/2020 00:11:
>>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I have a problem with Youtube.
>>>
>>> Videos can be played correctly, but thumbnails are missing.
>>>
>>> Only grey areas can be seen.
>>>
>>> See picture here :
>>>
>>> https://i.ibb.co/nnL3MFW/Capture.jpg
>>>

>>> This a user profile problem, because thumbnails are displayed with a
>>> new profile.
>>>
>>> Disabling and even uninstalling of all the add-ons does not solve
>>> this problem.
>>>
>>> Any idea is welcome to rescue this user profile.
>>>

>> For me that happens when I use a specially crated user agent string to
>> overcome the problem of Google search field being incorrectly
>> displayed (text misaligned).
>>
>> Returning to the default user agent solves this problem with Youtube
>> (although the problem with Google comes back).
>>
>> Please check whether your two profiles have different user agent strings.
>

> The idea is good, but i have already checked this.
> The user-agent string is the same for working and not-working profiles.
>
> If i modify this string, Youtube is displayed differently, but always
> without thumbnails.
>
> And the problem is only for Youtube.
> If i go to another video website, i have the thumbnails.

Have you tried safe mode?  Maybe an extension is blocking thumbnails.

1
EE
3/10/2020 7:27:39 PM
Georges B wrote:
> Georges B a écrit :
>> Rubens a écrit :

>>> For me that happens when I use a specially crated user agent string
>>> to overcome the problem of Google search field being incorrectly
>>> displayed (text misaligned).
>>>
>>> Returning to the default user agent solves this problem with Youtube
>>> (although the problem with Google comes back).
>>>
>>> Please check whether your two profiles have different user agent
>>> strings.
>>

>> The idea is good, but i have already checked this.
>> The user-agent string is the same for working and not-working profiles.
>>
>> If i modify this string, Youtube is displayed differently, but always
>> without thumbnails.
>>
>> And the problem is only for Youtube.
>> If i go to another video website, i have the thumbnails.
>>

> Found the problem.
>
> Domain ytimg.com was blocked in the permissions tab.
>
> Once this block is removed, the thumbnails are displayed.

I also have just grey squares. Where is the permissions tab you mentioned?
0
Tom
3/22/2020 2:26:06 PM
Georges B wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a problem with Youtube.
>
> Videos can be played correctly, but thumbnails are missing.
>
> Only grey areas can be seen.
>
> See picture here :
>
> https://i.ibb.co/nnL3MFW/Capture.jpg
>

> This a user profile problem, because thumbnails are displayed with a new
> profile.
>
> Disabling and even uninstalling of all the add-ons does not solve this
> problem.
>
> Any idea is welcome to rescue this user profile.

I also have only grey thumbnails on all 4 of my PC's. No titles or any
writing either. If I search for a video by subject, it will play. I've
tried safe mode too. I'm using the default UA string. Any ideas how to fix?
0
Thomas