Youtube full-screen doesnot work if I correct the google searchbox problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM7SZ5SBzyY

Is OK using FireFox 65.0.2

Is not OK using SeaMonkey:
- when general.useragent.override is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0;
WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/63.0
But OK using SeaMonkey:
- when general.useragent.override is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0;
WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.1

I use general.useragent.override is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64;
rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/63.0
to be able to have the google search input text box with the characters
normal and centered.

If I use general.useragent.override is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0;
WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.1
the characters are small and located in the upper part like
superscripted characters.

So I have to choice:
Good Google search box correct and full-screen not working
or
Full-screen working but Google search box BAD.
0
Ray_Net
3/15/2019 5:22:55 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13081 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Ray_Net wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM7SZ5SBzyY
>
> Is OK using FireFox 65.0.2
>
> Is not OK using SeaMonkey:
> - when general.useragent.override is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0;
> WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/63.0
> But OK using SeaMonkey:
> - when general.useragent.override is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0;
> WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.1

Works fine for me with:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.4

That's the default user-agent with "Advertise Firefox Compatibility"
disabled - includes SeaMonkey but no mention of Firefox.

> I use general.useragent.override is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64;
> rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/63.0
> to be able to have the google search input text box with the characters
> normal and centered.
>
> If I use general.useragent.override is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0;
> WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.1
> the characters are small and located in the upper part like
> superscripted characters.

As mentioned here several times before, I find Google services (at least
search and maps) work best in SeaMonkey with "Advertise Firefox
Compatibility" disabled, and exhibit those sort of issues with text
input and menus when it's enabled.

> So I have to choice:
> Good Google search box correct and full-screen not working
> or
> Full-screen working but Google search box BAD.

Clicking the button to expand that YouTube video to full-screen also
works for me with "Advertise Firefox Compatibility" disabled. With that
option enabled, it goes into full-screen display, but the video doesn't
expand to fill the screen.

At least for Google and Youtube, the solution is probably to use a
user-agent string which includes SeaMonkey but NOT Firefox. Some other
sites break if Firefox is not mentioned though, so in general there's no
user-agent string which works for everything.

Site-specific user-agent overrides can be useful. In about:config, set
"general.useragent.site_specific_overrides" to "true", then for domains
you need to override, create a string preference named
"general.useragent.override.<domain>" with the value you want to be
presented to that site.

For example, I've added:
   general.useragent.override.bbc.co.uk
set to:
   Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49.3
to make something work correctly on the BBC's website (don't recall what
it was now).

When encountering a site which needs a different user-agent from my
default, I usually start off trying different global overrides to find
one which works in order:
1) SeaMonkey and Firefox, with the Firefox version matching my SeaMonkey
version (same as you'd get from enabling "Advertise Firefox
Compatibility"). That way, sites which use the user-agent to determine
whether newer Firefox features are available shouldn't try using
features not actually present in my version of SeaMonkey.
2) The same Firefox versions but without the SeaMonkey part.
3) Sometimes claiming a newer Firefox version works, but usually the
exact version doesn't make any real difference.

For a one-off or occasional visit, it's not worth setting up
site-specific overrides (just change the default when necessary and
change it back when done). For sites I visit frequently, having found a
user-agent string which works, then I then reset the global override to
default, and set a site specific override for the domain. If that
doesn't work, it may need a bit of investigation to work out which other
domains it loads from which need the same override. Fortunately I don't
often find it necessary to override the user-agent on sites I visit
frequently - I only have 4 set up, all of them set to the string used if
"Advertise Firefox Compatibility" was enabled.

One of the downsides is remembering to update the versions in the
overrides after updating SeaMonkey - looks like I haven't updated that
one for bbc.co.uk since installing SeaMonkey 2.49.4 - although again it
doesn't generally matter unless something specifically refuses to work
with outdated versions.

--
Mark.

0
mozilla
3/15/2019 8:39:55 PM
mozilla-lists.mbourne@spamgourmet.com wrote:
> As mentioned here several times before, I find Google services (at least
> search and maps) work best in SeaMonkey with "Advertise Firefox
> Compatibility" disabled, and exhibit those sort of issues with text
> input and menus when it's enabled.

Thanks. Disabling "advertise Firefox compatibility" restored the normal
Google search box.

To turn off "Advertise Firefox compatibility" go to
Preferences->advanced->Http Networking.  Uncheck "advertise Firefox
compatibility".
0
Paul
3/16/2019 2:50:17 AM
Paul Bergsagel wrote:
> mozilla-lists.mbourne@spamgourmet.com wrote:
>> As mentioned here several times before, I find Google services (at
>> least search and maps) work best in SeaMonkey with "Advertise Firefox
>> Compatibility" disabled, and exhibit those sort of issues with text
>> input and menus when it's enabled.
>
> Thanks. Disabling "advertise Firefox compatibility" restored the normal
> Google search box.
>
> To turn off "Advertise Firefox compatibility" go to
> Preferences->advanced->Http Networking.  Uncheck "advertise Firefox
> compatibility".

There is another possibility.  You can use an override aimed at only one
site.  For using Dailymotion with SeaMonkey, I set up this in about:config:
user_pref("general.useragent.override.dailymotion.com", "Mozilla/5.0
(Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0");

0
EE