window size problem

Hi,
I have a problem that I tried to solve but with no result up to now
I set up a new PC in my home, windows 10 pro, I installed the last
current seamonkey on it 2.49.4
as I have already a laptop with windows 7 on it, same seamonkey release,
but fully configured with email accounts, news, passwords etc
I copied this profile from old W7 to new W10 PC,
changed of profile with profile manager,
all is ok but only one thing : the size of the window is bigger : icons,
fonts of menus etc
when I switch back to the default profile, the size is normal

both PC have the same screen resolution 1920x1080
(the laptop w7 is 14 inches, the desktop w10 screen is 24 inches)

I tried to do something with userChrome.css , it seems to do no change.
I tried to restart without modules, no change

I which if I knew what I could do now
0
cyberzen
11/7/2018 2:34:27 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12976 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

cyberzen a écrit :
> Hi,
> I have a problem that I tried to solve but with no result up to now
> I set up a new PC in my home, windows 10 pro, I installed the last
> current seamonkey on it 2.49.4
> as I have already a laptop with windows 7 on it, same seamonkey release,
> but fully configured with email accounts, news, passwords etc
> I copied this profile from old W7 to new W10 PC,
> changed of profile with profile manager,
> all is ok but only one thing : the size of the window is bigger : icons,
> fonts of menus etc
> when I switch back to the default profile, the size is normal
>
> both PC have the same screen resolution 1920x1080
> (the laptop w7 is 14 inches, the desktop w10 screen is 24 inches)
>
> I tried to do something with userChrome.css , it seems to do no change.
> I tried to restart without modules, no change
>
> I which if I knew what I could do now
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pntATZQCLw9278Zl6Yxbr1KnlldVR_pu
(first with default profile, second with copied profile)
0
cyberzen
11/7/2018 2:44:49 PM
cyberzen wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem that I tried to solve but with no result up to now
> I set up a new PC in my home, windows 10 pro, I installed the last
> current seamonkey on it 2.49.4
> as I have already a laptop with windows 7 on it, same seamonkey release,
> but fully configured with email accounts, news, passwords etc
> I copied this profile from old W7 to new W10 PC,
> changed of profile with profile manager,
> all is ok but only one thing : the size of the window is bigger : icons,
> fonts of menus etc
> when I switch back to the default profile, the size is normal
>
> both PC have the same screen resolution 1920x1080
> (the laptop w7 is 14 inches, the desktop w10 screen is 24 inches)
>
> I tried to do something with userChrome.css , it seems to do no change.
> I tried to restart without modules, no change
>
> I which if I knew what I could do now

If you want the window maximized, just click the Windows maximize button
at top right and it'll fill your screen. SeaMonkey will remember the
window size the next time you launch.

You can also specify that in the Windows shortcut: right-click the icon,
choose "Properties," and where it says "Run," pull down the option
"Maximized." OK out.

Paul B. Gallagher
0
Paul
11/7/2018 3:51:31 PM
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> cyberzen wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have a problem that I tried to solve but with no result up to now
>> I set up a new PC in my home, windows 10 pro, I installed the last
>> current seamonkey on it 2.49.4
>> as I have already a laptop with windows 7 on it, same seamonkey
>> release, but fully configured with email accounts, news, passwords etc
>> I copied this profile from old W7 to new W10 PC,
>> changed of profile with profile manager,
>> all is ok but only one thing : the size of the window is bigger :
>> icons, fonts of menus etc
>> when I switch back to the default profile, the size is normal
>>
>> both PC have the same screen resolution 1920x1080
>> (the laptop w7 is 14 inches, the desktop w10 screen is 24 inches)
>>
>> I tried to do something with userChrome.css , it seems to do no change.
>> I tried to restart without modules, no change
>>
>> I which if I knew what I could do now
>
> If you want the window maximized, just click the Windows maximize button
> at top right and it'll fill your screen. SeaMonkey will remember the
> window size the next time you launch.
>
> You can also specify that in the Windows shortcut: right-click the icon,
> choose "Properties," and where it says "Run," pull down the option
> "Maximized." OK out.

and if you don't want it maximised but simply differently-sized, pull at
the edges.  Standard Windows (and Linux) behaviour.

--
spammus ergo sum
0

FRG

cyberzen wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem that I tried to solve but with no result up to now
> I set up a new PC in my home, windows 10 pro, I installed the last current
> seamonkey on it 2.49.4
> as I have already a laptop with windows 7 on it, same seamonkey release, but
> fully configured with email accounts, news, passwords etc
> I copied this profile from old W7 to new W10 PC,
> changed of profile with profile manager,
> all is ok but only one thing : the size of the window is bigger : icons, fonts
> of menus etc
> when I switch back to the default profile, the size is normal
>
> both PC have the same screen resolution 1920x1080
> (the laptop w7 is 14 inches, the desktop w10 screen is 24 inches)
>
> I tried to do something with userChrome.css , it seems to do no change.
> I tried to restart without modules, no change
>
> I which if I knew what I could do now
0
Frank
11/7/2018 4:47:54 PM
Frank-Rainer Grahl a écrit :
> Check the settings under Appearance->Fonts. Also see if you use 100%
> scaling on both PCs. Windows 10 might use a different scaling. Had a
> different problem under 81. where fonts looked blurry in a copied
> profile and it was the scaling there. Last delete the xulstore.json file
> in your profile when SeaMonkey is not running.
>
> FRG

thank you for replying
1 about scaling
on the w7 laptop, 14 inch 1920x1980 screen, I have to set 125 or 150%
zoom factor in windows, and use the best glasses I have, the aspect of
seamonkey is similar to other programs
on the w10 desktop, 24 inch screen same resolution, no need to adjust
the zoom factor in windows

2 about xulstore : I renamed it, no change.
of course the positioning of all is lost

0
cyberzen
11/7/2018 6:37:24 PM
cyberzen wrote:
> Frank-Rainer Grahl a �crit�:
>> Check the settings under Appearance->Fonts. Also see if you use 100%
>> scaling on both PCs. Windows 10 might use a different scaling. Had a
>> different problem under 81. where fonts looked blurry in a copied
>> profile and it was the scaling there. Last delete the xulstore.json
>> file in your profile when SeaMonkey is not running.
>>
>> FRG
>
> thank you for replying
> 1 about scaling
> on the w7 laptop, 14 inch 1920x1980 screen, I have to set 125 or 150%
> zoom factor in windows, and use the best glasses I have, the aspect of
> seamonkey is similar to other programs
> on the w10 desktop, 24 inch screen same resolution, no need to adjust
> the zoom factor in windows
>
> 2 about xulstore : I renamed it, no change.
> of course the positioning of all is lost

You could try the setting in about:config, "layout.css.devPixelsPerPx"
and try a fractional setting there.  This page gives an idea:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/964888
0
EE
11/7/2018 7:38:29 PM
EE a écrit :
> cyberzen wrote:
>> Frank-Rainer Grahl a écrit :
>>> Check the settings under Appearance->Fonts. Also see if you use 100%
>>> scaling on both PCs. Windows 10 might use a different scaling. Had a
>>> different problem under 81. where fonts looked blurry in a copied
>>> profile and it was the scaling there. Last delete the xulstore.json
>>> file in your profile when SeaMonkey is not running.
>>>
>>> FRG
>>
>> thank you for replying
>> 1 about scaling
>> on the w7 laptop, 14 inch 1920x1980 screen, I have to set 125 or 150%
>> zoom factor in windows, and use the best glasses I have, the aspect of
>> seamonkey is similar to other programs
>> on the w10 desktop, 24 inch screen same resolution, no need to adjust
>> the zoom factor in windows
>>
>> 2 about xulstore : I renamed it, no change.
>> of course the positioning of all is lost
>>
> You could try the setting in about:config, "layout.css.devPixelsPerPx"
> and try a fractional setting there.  This page gives an idea:
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/964888

bingo
thank you very much
it was set to 1.60
I changed it to 1.20
and that's ok
I think I had to set it for the 14 inch high resolution that was
difficult to read properly
but I did not remember
thank you again
0
cyberzen
11/7/2018 8:01:32 PM
cyberzen a écrit :
> EE a écrit :
>> cyberzen wrote:

>>> thank you for replying
>>> 1 about scaling
>>> on the w7 laptop, 14 inch 1920x1980 screen, I have to set 125 or 150%
>>> zoom factor in windows, and use the best glasses I have, the aspect
>>> of seamonkey is similar to other programs
>>> on the w10 desktop, 24 inch screen same resolution, no need to adjust
>>> the zoom factor in windows
>>>
>>> 2 about xulstore : I renamed it, no change.
>>> of course the positioning of all is lost
>>>
>> You could try the setting in about:config, "layout.css.devPixelsPerPx"
>> and try a fractional setting there.  This page gives an idea:
>> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/964888
>
> bingo
> thank you very much
> it was set to 1.60
> I changed it to 1.20
> and that's ok
> I think I had to set it for the 14 inch high resolution that was
> difficult to read properly
> but I did not remember
> thank you again

I found a link