why won't SM 2.49.3 remember where local folders are?

Well... this has been long running. I can't recollect when it started
but Seamonkey doesn't like it when I direct it to find Local Folders on
a separate sata drive from the main C: drive.... I have many GB of mail
history and really don't want it on my smallish C: drive in my latest
re-installation of my desktop...

any ideas? am I correct this used to work?

sean
--
still missing tagzilla
0

On 6/10/18 3:07 PM, sean wrote:
> Well... this has been long running. I can't recollect when it started
> but Seamonkey doesn't like it when I direct it to find Local Folders on
> a separate sata drive from the main C: drive.... I have many GB of mail
> history and really don't want it on my smallish C: drive in my latest
> re-installation of my desktop...
>
> any ideas? am I correct this used to work?
>
> sean

Don't know what you mean.

Need exact steps to reproduce.

RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
6/10/2018 11:56:48 PM
WaltS48 wrote:
> On 6/10/18 3:07 PM, sean wrote:
>> Well... this has been long running. I can't recollect when it started
>> but Seamonkey doesn't like it when I direct it to find Local Folders
>> on a separate sata drive from the main C: drive.... I have many GB of
>> mail history and really don't want it on my smallish C: drive in my
>> latest re-installation of my desktop...
>>
>> any ideas? am I correct this used to work?
>>
>> sean
>
> Don't know what you mean.
>
> Need exact steps to reproduce.

my machine has a C: drive for programs, and an F: and G: drive for
backup storage. In the past I have always directed the local folders to
one or the other of the storage drives where all archives are kept.

for while now, whenever I reboot the machine, the local folders has lost
contact with the path to the storage drive that is selected in Account
Settings: /media/sean/7DCF1DCD6715DC30/local folders

sean--

0
sean
6/11/2018 1:10:52 AM
On 6/10/18 9:10 PM, sean wrote:
> WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 6/10/18 3:07 PM, sean wrote:
>>> Well... this has been long running. I can't recollect when it started
>>> but Seamonkey doesn't like it when I direct it to find Local Folders
>>> on a separate sata drive from the main C: drive.... I have many GB of
>>> mail history and really don't want it on my smallish C: drive in my
>>> latest re-installation of my desktop...
>>>
>>> any ideas? am I correct this used to work?
>>>
>>> sean
>>
>> Don't know what you mean.
>>
>> Need exact steps to reproduce.
>>

> my machine has a C: drive for programs, and an F: and G: drive for
> backup storage. In the past I have always directed the local folders to
> one or the other of the storage drives where all archives are kept.
>
> for while now, whenever I reboot the machine, the local folders has lost
> contact with the path to the storage drive that is selected in Account
> Settings: /media/sean/7DCF1DCD6715DC30/local folders
>
> sean--

Maybe you need to add an F: or G: to  /media/sean/7DCF1DCD6715DC30/local
folders?

So it is F:/media/sean/7DCF1DCD6715DC30/local folders or G:

RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
6/11/2018 1:27:45 AM
sean wrote:
> WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 6/10/18 3:07 PM, sean wrote:
>>> Well... this has been long running. I can't recollect when it started
>>> but Seamonkey doesn't like it when I direct it to find Local Folders
>>> on a separate sata drive from the main C: drive.... I have many GB of
>>> mail history and really don't want it on my smallish C: drive in my
>>> latest re-installation of my desktop...
>>>
>>> any ideas? am I correct this used to work?
>>>
>>> sean
>>
>> Don't know what you mean.
>>
>> Need exact steps to reproduce.
>>

> my machine has a C: drive for programs, and an F: and G: drive for
> backup storage. In the past I have always directed the local folders to
> one or the other of the storage drives where all archives are kept.
>
> for while now, whenever I reboot the machine, the local folders has lost
> contact with the path to the storage drive that is selected in Account
> Settings: /media/sean/7DCF1DCD6715DC30/local folders

Which operating system are you attempting to do this from? Mention of
C:, F: and G: drives looks like Windows, but /media/sean/... looks like
a Linux path. Your user-agent header also indicates that you're posting
from Linux, although that may not be the system you're having problems with.

If Linux, it may be worth checking that the disk is mounted before
starting SeaMonkey.

If you're attempting to share a single SeaMonkey profile between both
Windows and Linux, that won't work - particularly in this case where
there are paths which need to be specified differently on the two systems.

--
Mark.

0
mozilla
6/11/2018 5:58:41 PM
mozilla-lists.mbourne@spamgourmet.com wrote on 12/06/18 03:58:
> sean wrote:
>> WaltS48 wrote:

>>> Don't know what you mean.
>>>
>>> Need exact steps to reproduce.
>>>

>> my machine has a C: drive for programs, and an F: and G: drive for
>> backup storage. In the past I have always directed the local folders
>> to one or the other of the storage drives where all archives are kept.
>>
>> for while now, whenever I reboot the machine, the local folders has
>> lost contact with the path to the storage drive that is selected in
>> Account Settings: /media/sean/7DCF1DCD6715DC30/local folders
>
> Which operating system are you attempting to do this from? Mention of
> C:, F: and G: drives looks like Windows, but /media/sean/... looks like
> a Linux path. Your user-agent header also indicates that you're posting
> from Linux, although that may not be the system you're having problems
> with.
>
> If Linux, it may be worth checking that the disk is mounted before
> starting SeaMonkey.
>
> If you're attempting to share a single SeaMonkey profile between both
> Windows and Linux, that won't work - particularly in this case where
> there are paths which need to be specified differently on the two systems.

Well, not the case, sort of!! As my sig file indicates, I run SeaMonkey
on both Win7 and MangiaLinux. Of course, both OS's have their related
Profile files with-in their OS set-ups, but the E-mail, News Group and
Bookmark files are stored on my Win7 E:\.

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel