Which version of SQLite?

Seamonkey is using SQLlite for its own 'housekeeping'.

Which version is it using?
0
Dirk
8/4/2018 9:21:32 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12906 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 04/08/2018 11:21, Dirk Munk wrote:

> Seamonkey is using SQLlite for its own 'housekeeping'.
>
> Which version is it using?

I couldn't find the answer, but these links might provide
some information:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_Operational_Information_Database:_SQLite
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Tech/XPCOM/Storage

Regards.
0
Mason83
8/4/2018 3:40:20 PM
On 08/04/2018 10:40 AM, Mason83 wrote:
> On 04/08/2018 11:21, Dirk Munk wrote:
>
>> Seamonkey is using SQLlite for its own 'housekeeping'.
>>
>> Which version is it using?
>
> I couldn't find the answer, but these links might provide
> some information:
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_Operational_Information_Database:_SQLite
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Tech/XPCOM/Storage
>
> Regards.

Don't know if it solves the OP's problem.
But you may have "rattled my cage" in right direction to solve one of
mine ;}
I've been trying to have bookmarks available to outside applications.
SeaMonkey uses JSON if you want all the data. HTML export loses some
implied data for *MY* purposes.
What's comical is my current destination program
  [CherryTree {http://www.giuspen.com/cherrytree/}]
uses SQLite natively. So importing relevant information should be much
more straight forward, even I don't know SQLite *YET* !

*THANK YOU*

0
Richard
8/4/2018 4:53:38 PM
Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 08/04/2018 10:40 AM, Mason83 wrote:
>> On 04/08/2018 11:21, Dirk Munk wrote:
>>
>>> Seamonkey is using SQLlite for its own 'housekeeping'.
>>>
>>> Which version is it using?
>>
>> I couldn't find the answer, but these links might provide
>> some information:
>>
>> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_Operational_Information_Database:_SQLite
>>
>> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Tech/XPCOM/Storage
>>
>> Regards.
>>

> Don't know if it solves the OP's problem.
> But you may have "rattled my cage" in right direction to solve one of
> mine ;}
> I've been trying to have bookmarks available to outside applications.
> SeaMonkey uses JSON if you want all the data. HTML export loses some
> implied data for *MY* purposes.
> What's comical is my current destination program
> �[CherryTree {http://www.giuspen.com/cherrytree/}]
> uses SQLite natively. So importing relevant information should be much
> more straight forward, even I don't know SQLite *YET* !
>
> *THANK YOU*

I installed SQLiteStudio for Windows, but I see you're using Linux.

When I want to open a database, SQLiteStudio wants to know if it is an
SQLite 2 or SQLite 3 database. I don't want to corrupt anything, so it
would be nice to know which version Seamonkey is usin.

The supplies links are not helpful in that respect, they are about
SQLite in general.
0
Dirk
8/5/2018 4:49:51 PM
On 05/08/2018 18:49, Dirk Munk wrote:

> When I want to open a database, SQLiteStudio wants to know if it is an
> SQLite 2 or SQLite 3 database. I don't want to corrupt anything, so it
> would be nice to know which version Seamonkey is usin.

Why don't you just make a copy of the SQLite files in a temporary
directory, and use your program on the copies?
0
Mason83
8/6/2018 6:10:41 AM
Dirk Munk <munk@home.nl> wrote in

> I installed SQLiteStudio for Windows, but I see you're using Linux.
>
> When I want to open a database, SQLiteStudio wants to know if it is an
> SQLite 2 or SQLite 3 database. I don't want to corrupt anything, so it
> would be nice to know which version Seamonkey is usin.

From direct experience I can tell you that Mozilla use SQLite 3. I would
also recommend that you make a copy of the file and work on that rather
than risk damaging the file used by SeaMonkey.

PS: SQLite uses the standard SQL commands with the exception of anything
client/server related. I suggest you learn some SQL and also take a look
at http://www.sqlite.org/lang.html

Good luck.
0
Michael
8/6/2018 9:53:46 AM
On 08/05/2018 11:49 AM, Dirk Munk wrote:
> Richard Owlett wrote:

>>> I couldn't find the answer, but these links might provide
>>> some information:
>>>
>>> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_Operational_=
Information_Database:_SQLite=20

>>> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Tech/XPCOM/Storage
>>>
>>> Regards.
>>>

>> Don't know if it solves the OP's problem.
>> But you may have "rattled my cage" in right direction to solve one of =

>> mine ;}
>> I've been trying to have bookmarks available to outside applications.
>> SeaMonkey uses JSON if you want all the data. HTML export loses some=20
>> implied data for *MY* purposes.
>> What's comical is my current destination program
>> =A0[CherryTree {http://www.giuspen.com/cherrytree/}]
>> uses SQLite natively. So importing relevant information should be much=
=20
>> more straight forward, even I don't know SQLite *YET* !
>>
>> *THANK YOU*
>>

> I installed SQLiteStudio for Windows, but I see you're using Linux.

It is evidently available as an Ubuntu PPA, but I'm using Debian.
I'm investigating for an approved method for installing from A PPA.
I've found some methods but they have too much "hand waving" for me to=20
attempt comfortably. I have an old WinXP machine. Is that suitable for=20
the Windows version?
Thank you.

>=20
> When I want to open a database, SQLiteStudio wants to know if it is an =

> SQLite 2 or SQLite 3 database. I don't want to corrupt anything, so it =

> would be nice to know which version Seamonkey is usin.
>=20
> The supplies links are not helpful in that respect, they are about=20
> SQLite in general.

0
Richard
8/6/2018 12:03:41 PM
On 08/06/2018 04:53 AM, Michael Garibaldi wrote:
> Dirk Munk <munk@home.nl> wrote in

>> I installed SQLiteStudio for Windows, but I see you're using Linux.
>>
>> When I want to open a database, SQLiteStudio wants to know if it is an
>> SQLite 2 or SQLite 3 database. I don't want to corrupt anything, so it
>> would be nice to know which version Seamonkey is usin.
>
>  From direct experience I can tell you that Mozilla use SQLite 3. I would
> also recommend that you make a copy of the file and work on that rather
> than risk damaging the file used by SeaMonkey.
>
> PS: SQLite uses the standard SQL commands with the exception of anything
> client/server related. I suggest you learn some SQL and also take a look
> at http://www.sqlite.org/lang.html

I've been to that site but haven't landed on that page.
A quick browse suggests it will lead to answered confused questions.
The last time I was concerned with the guts of a database we were
running dDaseII on a PC-XT under MS-DOS ;/

Thank you.

> Good luck.

I'll need it <chuckle>

0
Richard
8/6/2018 12:11:16 PM
Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 08/05/2018 11:49 AM, Dirk Munk wrote:
>> Richard Owlett wrote:

>>> Don't know if it solves the OP's problem.
>>> But you may have "rattled my cage" in right direction to solve one
>>> of mine ;}
>>> I've been trying to have bookmarks available to outside applications.
>>> SeaMonkey uses JSON if you want all the data. HTML export loses some
>>> implied data for *MY* purposes.
>>> What's comical is my current destination program
>>> �[CherryTree {http://www.giuspen.com/cherrytree/}]
>>> uses SQLite natively. So importing relevant information should be
>>> much more straight forward, even I don't know SQLite *YET* !
>>>
>>> *THANK YOU*
>>>

>> I installed SQLiteStudio for Windows, but I see you're using Linux.
>
> It is evidently available as an Ubuntu PPA, but I'm using Debian.
> I'm investigating for an approved method for installing from A PPA.
> I've found some methods but they have too much "hand waving" for me to
> attempt comfortably. I have an old WinXP machine. Is that suitable for
> the Windows version?

According to heir web page, yes, is should work under XP as well.

> Thank you.
>

>> When I want to open a database, SQLiteStudio wants to know if it is
>> an SQLite 2 or SQLite 3 database. I don't want to corrupt anything,
>> so it would be nice to know which version Seamonkey is usin.
>>
>> The supplies links are not helpful in that respect, they are about
>> SQLite in general.

0
Dirk