Which Seamonkey?

I'm still using Mozilla 1.7.8.  Which version of Seamonkey would be the
safest upgrade for me? I'm usually not good at upgrades and I don't want to
loose my bookmarks and email addresses.

Thanks,

Henry
0
Henry
3/24/2011 11:41:21 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13137 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Henry wrote:
> I'm still using Mozilla 1.7.8.  Which version of Seamonkey would be the
> safest upgrade for me? I'm usually not good at upgrades and I don't want
> to loose my bookmarks and email addresses.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Henry

Henry

SeaMonkey 2.0.13 is the current official (and most stable) version.
This is the version you should install.

Go to this page:

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.0.13/

This page will provide information about the current Seamonkey release
and instructions about how to upgrade from Mozilla. You will find the
link to download SeaMonkey 2.0.13 from the column list on the left hand
side of the page.

Please post here again if you need further help upgrading from Mozilla
to SeaMonkey. One hint: before performing the upgrade, make sure you
have a current back up of your Mozilla profile, just in case something
goes wrong during the upgrade.
0
Paul
3/25/2011 1:43:43 AM
Paul Bergsagel wrote:
> Henry wrote:
>
>> I'm still using Mozilla 1.7.8.  Which version of Seamonkey would be the
>> safest upgrade for me? I'm usually not good at upgrades and I don't want
>> to loose my bookmarks and email addresses.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Henry
>

> Henry
>
> SeaMonkey 2.0.13 is the current official (and most stable) version.
> This is the version you should install.
>
> Go to this page:
>
> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.0.13/
>
> This page will provide information about the current Seamonkey release
> and instructions about how to upgrade from Mozilla. You will find the
> link to download SeaMonkey 2.0.13 from the column list on the left hand
> side of the page.
>
> Please post here again if you need further help upgrading from Mozilla
> to SeaMonkey. One hint: before performing the upgrade, make sure you
> have a current back up of your Mozilla profile, just in case something
> goes wrong during the upgrade.

Since 2.0.13 is a new release, would I be better off waiting a while for any
changes that might be made or upgrading to 2.0.12?

Henry
0
Henry
3/26/2011 9:35:35 PM
Henry wrote:
> Paul Bergsagel wrote:
>> Henry wrote:
>>
>>> I'm still using Mozilla 1.7.8. Which version of Seamonkey would be the
>>> safest upgrade for me? I'm usually not good at upgrades and I don't want
>>> to loose my bookmarks and email addresses.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Henry
>>

>> Henry
>>
>> SeaMonkey 2.0.13 is the current official (and most stable) version.
>> This is the version you should install.
>>
>> Go to this page:
>>
>> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.0.13/
>>
>> This page will provide information about the current Seamonkey release
>> and instructions about how to upgrade from Mozilla. You will find the
>> link to download SeaMonkey 2.0.13 from the column list on the left
>> hand side of the page.
>>
>> Please post here again if you need further help upgrading from Mozilla
>> to SeaMonkey. One hint: before performing the upgrade, make sure you
>> have a current back up of your Mozilla profile, just in case something
>> goes wrong during the upgrade.
>
> Since 2.0.13 is a new release, would I be better off waiting a while for
> any changes that might be made or upgrading to 2.0.12?
>
> Henry

SeaMonkey 2.0.13 is SeaMonkey 2.0.12 with this one change

Fixed in SeaMonkey 2.0.13
MFSA 2011-11 Update to HTTPS certificate blacklist

WLS

--
openSUSE 11.3(x86_64) - Gnome2.30 - SeaMonkey 2.1b3pre
0

Importing Seamonkey to Seamonkey.
I'm sure it's simple. but I can't figure out how to import all settings, address book, bookmarks. accounts from one drive to another on the same Mac. I'm switching boot from one drive to another. Can you help? Thanks. John Sipos Broadcast talk journalist 727-432-1322 John Sipos wrote: > I'm sure it's simple. but I can't figure out how to import all settings, > address book, bookmarks. accounts from one drive to another on the same > Mac. I'm switching boot from one drive to another. Can you help? Thanks. > > John Sipos &...

Seamonkey support
I called support for help in transferring email from one hard drive to another after a crash. It took all day, after being disconnected twice and leaving my credit card info on one of those, I was finally able to reach the second live person. I explained that I needed to transfer my email from the previous account to the new one, gave cc info again and was walked through the process to restore the needed files. When I told the person I needed the steps for my second email address, I was told that it would be another $39.95. He refused to help without another charge. luckil...

SeaMonkey
Name: Robert Nolan Email: robert_nolan_at_hotmail.com Product: Other (please state) Summary: SeaMonkey Comments: SeaMonkey does not give me the option to import bookmarks from Opera. Bugzilla does not let me log in to submit comments like this. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051219 SeaMonkey/1.0b ...

Seamonkey
Is it appropriate to ask Seamonkey-related questions here? If so, how do I import bookmarks from Firefox and email accounts from Thunderbird? Thanks. -- Pete Holsberg Columbus, NJ -- To be able under all circumstances to practice five things constitutes perfect virtue; these five things are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness. Confucius Pete Holsberg wrote: > Is it appropriate to ask Seamonkey-related questions here? > > If so, how do I import bookmarks from Firefox and email accounts from > Thunderbird? > > Thanks....

seamonkey
jim. jim wrote: > jim. ckeck if can reply jim wrote: > jim wrote: >> jim. > ckeck if can reply That's ok, Jim, this is what the test group if for....conducting tests. When/If you find you are having problems, go to the mozilla.support.seamonkey group and ask for help! -- Seasons greeting, one and all.... and may next year be a better one! Daniel Daniel wrote: > jim wrote: >> jim wrote: >>> jim. >> ckeck if can reply > > That's ok, Jim, this is what the test group if for....conducting tests. > > Whe...

Seamonkey
I've been playing with SeaMonkey V2 beta. It had an irritating problem with its newsreader personality (trailing dot buffer parsing I'd guess). Anyway, Dennis has posted the latest version 1.1.18. It doesn't have this problem. When trying to incorporate some addons, the process is not nearly so obvious as in the Version 2 or FF3.5 but at least the parsing fault is missing. Trying to add NoScript. No problem Trying to add Adblock plus. Message = 'No install script found' The ABP site lists ABP for Seamonkey for Version 2. No mention of earlier(s) Surely cannot be...

SeaMonkey
I am trying to build a new website with SeaMonkey. All has worked well and I have built 15 pages, however, I have started to see that sometimes when I open some pages, there are several images that have disappeared from their relevant box. This problem seems to have started, after being advised to have all my images in the html folder in SeaMonkey, so I dragged them over from my file in my computer and dropped them into the same file as my web pages. Now sometimes I have a full page of images (Photos) and sometimes a number of them are missing. Please help me. Marcel ...

Seamonkey
Is there any hacks to get Seamonkey to work with Calendar? ...

Seamonkey
Is there any way to export to Seamonkey the emails and account setting I have in TB? J On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:43:44 -0500, Jeffinputnam wrote: > Is there any way to export to Seamonkey the emails and account setting I > have in TB? > > J Go to your TB profile which will be somewhere like C:\Documents and Settings\Yourname\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\default.bci (Best to make a copy of it at this point) then copy the folder called MAIL the go to your SB profile at C:\Documents and Settings\Yourname\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\anumber....

SeaMonkey
Name: Colin Peel Email: peel_at_univ-perp.fr Product: Other (please state) Summary: SeaMonkey Comments: This latest build is fast, relatively reliable (it gets bogged down on occasions, but less often). On the other hand, it's nuts. You ask it to suppress an article, and it tries to download it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060130 SeaMonkey/1.5a ...

Bookmarks: XP Seamonkey to Vista Seamonkey
I'm thoroughly confused Have copied the requisite XP file: C\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\gobbledeguk.slt onto a thumbdrive. Installed thumbdrive in new Vista PC. PC sees file. Transferred file. Seamonkey does not see file in current location. Should I be doing an import with Seamonkey directly from the thumb drive? I can't even find the proper place for Owner file, and security says I can't get into Application data file, even though I am the Administrator and the sole user of the PC. Where does Vista/Seamonkey think this fil...

Seamonkey trunk versus Seamonkey branch nightlies
On the ftp site, are there different Seamonkeys try out, for ex. Seamonkey trunk versus Seamonkey branch? Or are they all trunk? Assuming they are mostly trunk nightlies, has the SM trunk been branched at all yet? -- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anti-scammers/ A new epidemic - the Nigerian "romance scam": Nigerian crooks using dating sites, Yahoo chat rooms and Yahoo messenger to con people. Using fake profiles with photos of real models, they "romance" both men and women and then con them. Join the group to learn more. On mailWindowOverlay.xul, Bob w...

Seamonkey?
On my desktop I use Thunderbird and Firefox and am quite happy with them. Recently I read "something" about Seamonkey. Would Seamonkey be any improvement? Now, on the other hand, on my laptop I'm still using Netscape 7.2--and have many many e-mail folders there. Again which would be the best to transfer to? Seamonkey or Thunderbird/Firefox? Thanks Mahl On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 19:35:58 GMT, Mahlon Wagner wrote: > On my desktop I use Thunderbird and Firefox and am quite happy with > them. Recently I read "something" about Seamonkey. > ...

For Seamonkey
http://mozmonkey.com/ Deo L. Witt, Jr. wrote: > http://mozmonkey.com/ thats nice, but what are you talking about? -- *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email help!!!! Emails to me may become public Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned. Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon: http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/mp3/p-potamus.mp3 http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm ...

On Seamonkey
Some time ago someone on this newsgroup kindly told me about XUL Runner <http://wiki.mozilla.org/XUL:Xul_Runner>. I've just had another quick look at the page I just referred to: seems to be no mention of making XUL Runner a core technology for Firefox and Thunderbird. If XUL Runner did become a core technology for Firefox and Thunderbird then the people using these programs would only need one Gecko runtime loaded into memory no matter how many XUL+XPCOM(*) applications they're running simultaneously. So wouldn't that be just about it for the Seamonkey p...

Web resources about - Which Seamonkey? - mozilla.support.seamonkey

The Hawaiian Seamonkey
Diving, eating, gardening, loving the Big Island of Hawaii

The SeaMonkey® Project
The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkeyall-in-one internet application suite (see below).Such a software suite was ...

SeaMonkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
cross-platform Internet suite . It is the continuation of the former Mozilla Application Suite , based on the same source code. Core Mozilla ...

Review: SeaMonkey 1.1.8 for the Mac
SeaMonkey 1.1.8, the Mozilla Foundation's all-in-one Internet application, combines browsing, e-mail, HTML editing, and IRC chat.

SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 1 arrives for testing
Based on the same Gecko browser engine as Firefox 6, SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 1 has been released for testing. It offers improvements to WebGL that ...

SeaMonkey Offers Browser, E-Mail, and Chat
... resuscitated a group of Internet tools built by Netscapewhose spin-off, Mozilla, brought out the popular Firefox Web browser. Renamed SeaMonkey ...

SeaMonkey, Mozilla's all-in-one Internet suite, releases new beta
The SeaMonkey Project has released SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3 , a version that makes a lot of new functionality available to a wide audience for the ...

SeaMonkey review
Browse the web, work with mail, chat in IRC and edit HTML

SeaMonkey 2.33
... advanced e-mail, newsgroup and feed client, IRC chat, and HTML editing made simple, all your Internet needs in one application. The SeaMonkey ...

Seamonkey 1.1 Released
stuuf writes "Version 1.1 of the Seamonkey Internet Application Suite is now available, with quite a few improvements over the 1.0 series. Some ...