Where is it?

I know it's there somewhere, 'cause I've set the SM Mail & News screen
up to display full Headers, when I actually just wanted to display the
normal headers plus the 'User Agent' line in the Headers Section of the
M & N screen.

I've looked through the SM Preferences screens. I've looked through the
SM Mail & News Group Account Settings screen. I've looked at
'about:config" screen ... to ensure I had the 'Display User Agent' pref
set, which I had.

But still cannot find where I should de-select 'Full Headers' so that
I'll just have 'Normal Headers' with the additional User Agent line
displaying.

So where do I switch from full headers to normal headers, Please??

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134
0
Daniel
11/10/2019 8:57:23 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13296 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Paul in Houston, TX:

>To add to Walt's post, my OLD SM

Old? It was built in the future, in 2020. *g*

>does not have 'Display User Agent' in about:config.  It has:
>mailnews.headers.showUserAgent>Your new SM is likely different but it might be something to check.

Sine a very long time I have
user_pref("mailnews.headers.showUserAgent", true);
in my user.js. Still works.

Hartmut
0
Hartmut
11/10/2019 1:01:01 AM
Daniel wrote:

> I know it's there somewhere, 'cause I've set the SM Mail & News screen
> up to display full Headers, when I actually just wanted to display the
> normal headers plus the 'User Agent' line in the Headers Section of the
> M & N screen.
>
> I've looked through the SM Preferences screens. I've looked through the
> SM Mail & News Group Account Settings screen. I've looked at
> 'about:config" screen ... to ensure I had the 'Display User Agent' pref
> set, which I had.
>
> But still cannot find where I should de-select 'Full Headers' so that
> I'll just have 'Normal Headers' with the additional User Agent line
> displaying.
>
> So where do I switch from full headers to normal headers, Please??

I can almost get there: in a Mail & News window, choose View | Headers |
Normal. It doesn't display the UA string, though (I haven't set that
pref in about:config). For example, in your message I get:
	Subject: Where is it?
	From: Daniel <dxmm@spam.albury.net.au>
	Date: 3:57 AM
	Newsgroups: mozilla.support.seamonkey

Of course, the date/time will vary according to the user's system time zone.

HTH

Paul B. Gallagher
0
Paul
11/10/2019 9:06:37 AM
Daniel wrote:
> I know it's there somewhere, 'cause I've set the SM Mail & News screen
> up to display full Headers, when I actually just wanted to display the
> normal headers plus the 'User Agent' line in the Headers Section of the
> M & N screen.
>
> I've looked through the SM Preferences screens. I've looked through the
> SM Mail & News Group Account Settings screen. I've looked at
> 'about:config" screen ... to ensure I had the 'Display User Agent' pref
> set, which I had.
>
> But still cannot find where I should de-select 'Full Headers' so that
> I'll just have 'Normal Headers' with the additional User Agent line
> displaying.
>
> So where do I switch from full headers to normal headers, Please??

Menu bar > View > Headers
0
WaltS48
11/10/2019 3:26:59 PM
Daniel wrote:
> I know it's there somewhere, 'cause I've set the SM Mail & News screen
> up to display full Headers, when I actually just wanted to display the
> normal headers plus the 'User Agent' line in the Headers Section of the
> M & N screen.
>
> I've looked through the SM Preferences screens. I've looked through the
> SM Mail & News Group Account Settings screen. I've looked at
> 'about:config" screen ... to ensure I had the 'Display User Agent' pref
> set, which I had.
>
> But still cannot find where I should de-select 'Full Headers' so that
> I'll just have 'Normal Headers' with the additional User Agent line
> displaying.
>
> So where do I switch from full headers to normal headers, Please??

To add to Walt's post, my OLD SM does not have 'Display User Agent' in
about:config.  It has:
mailnews.headers.showUserAgent
Your new SM is likely different but it might be something to check.

0
Paul
11/10/2019 6:09:14 PM
Hartmut Figge wrote:
> Paul in Houston, TX:
>
>> To add to Walt's post, my OLD SM
>
> Old? It was built in the future, in 2020. *g*
>
>> does not have 'Display User Agent' in about:config.  It has:
>> mailnews.headers.showUserAgent>Your new SM is likely different but it might be something to check.
>
> Sine a very long time I have
> user_pref("mailnews.headers.showUserAgent", true);
> in my user.js. Still works.

I use the mnenhy extension that gives you fine grain control over
headers...

<http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/>

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
0
Jonathan
11/10/2019 7:05:17 PM
Jonathan N. Little:

>I use the mnenhy extension that gives you fine grain control over
>headers...
>
><http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/>

Mnenhy is the one extension I do not wish to be without. Regarding
headers, selecting 'Extended Normal View' you can define what headers
you want to see.

http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/mn191010.png

For testing mailnews.headers.showUserAgent I had to switch to 'Normal'.
Not too much effort.

Hartmut
0
Hartmut
11/10/2019 7:25:01 PM
WaltS48 wrote on 11/11/2019 2:26 AM:
> Daniel wrote:
>> I know it's there somewhere, 'cause I've set the SM Mail & News screen
>> up to display full Headers, when I actually just wanted to display the
>> normal headers plus the 'User Agent' line in the Headers Section of
>> the M & N screen.
>>
>> I've looked through the SM Preferences screens. I've looked through
>> the SM Mail & News Group Account Settings screen. I've looked at
>> 'about:config" screen ... to ensure I had the 'Display User Agent'
>> pref set, which I had.
>>
>> But still cannot find where I should de-select 'Full Headers' so that
>> I'll just have 'Normal Headers' with the additional User Agent line
>> displaying.
>>
>> So where do I switch from full headers to normal headers, Please??
>
> Menu bar > View > Headers

Oh!! It can't be *THAT* simple, surely!!

Tks!
--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134
0
Daniel
11/11/2019 8:11:06 AM
Hartmut Figge wrote on 11/11/2019 5:55 AM:
> Paul in Houston, TX:
>
>> To add to Walt's post, my OLD SM
>
> Old? It was built in the future, in 2020. *g*
>
>> does not have 'Display User Agent' in about:config.  It has:
>> mailnews.headers.showUserAgent>Your new SM is likely different but it might be something to check.
>
> Sine a very long time I have
> user_pref("mailnews.headers.showUserAgent", true);
> in my user.js. Still works.
>
> Hartmut

Yeap, I had that one set to 'true' but as I also had 'Full Headers'
selected, that User Pref was somewhat redundant!! ;-(