When will SeaMonkey get Firefox v57's Gecko engine improvements?

I just tried Firefox v57 on a very old 2008 MacBook Pro with its
original HDD, 2 GB of RAM, etc. It runs very slowly softwares with Mac
OS X El Capitan v10.11.6. However, I was surprised how much faster
Firefox v57 was over the previous versions!

When will SeaMonkey get its Gecko improvements? Thank you in advance. :)
--
"To the ant, a few drops of dew is a flood." --Iranian
this signature correctly.

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:09:11 -0800, Ant <ANTant@zimage.com> wrote:

>I just tried Firefox v57 on a very old 2008 MacBook Pro with its
>original HDD, 2 GB of RAM, etc. It runs very slowly softwares with Mac
>OS X El Capitan v10.11.6. However, I was surprised how much faster
>Firefox v57 was over the previous versions!
>
>When will SeaMonkey get its Gecko improvements? Thank you in advance. :)

Probably not for a long time.
0
TCW
11/15/2017 1:00:16 AM
On 11/14/2017 5:00 PM, TCW wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:09:11 -0800, Ant <ANTant@zimage.com> wrote:
>
>> I just tried Firefox v57 on a very old 2008 MacBook Pro with its
>> original HDD, 2 GB of RAM, etc. It runs very slowly softwares with Mac
>> OS X El Capitan v10.11.6. However, I was surprised how much faster
>> Firefox v57 was over the previous versions!
>>
>> When will SeaMonkey get its Gecko improvements? Thank you in advance. :)
>
> Probably not for a long time.

Boo. :(
--
"I am afraid that I am convinced that a community of human beings is a
far more useful thing than a community of ants, and that if the human
this signature correctly.
  | |o   o| |
      ( )               Axe ANT from its address if e-mailing privately.
0
Ant
11/15/2017 4:08:12 AM
On 11/14/2017 10:08 PM, Ant wrote:
> On 11/14/2017 5:00 PM, TCW wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:09:11 -0800, Ant <ANTant@zimage.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I just tried Firefox v57 on a very old 2008 MacBook Pro with its
>>> original HDD, 2 GB of RAM, etc. It runs very slowly softwares with Mac
>>> OS X El Capitan v10.11.6. However, I was surprised how much faster
>>> Firefox v57 was over the previous versions!
>>>
>>> When will SeaMonkey get its Gecko improvements? Thank you in advance. :)
>>
>> Probably not for a long time.
>
> Boo. :(

Yes, it's just the massive amount of catching up SM has to do with even
pre-57 changes. There are so many under-the-hood changes in 57 and
essentially not many people able to work on SM that is the main issue.
So much code has to be ported, re-jiggered and converted that it's just
not like the old day where one could, for the most part, import the code
and it would essentially just work. I'm thankful that anyone is even
working on SM anymore to try and keep it updated against the current FF
changes. Just have to wait patiently. =\
0
TCW