Webmail Access Fails

I usually use my SeaMonkey browser to access my Cox Webmail to mark the
spam messages the Cox filter misses before I download new messages with
SeaMonkey Mail.  SeaMonkey Mail still accesses the account normally; but
starting today, after I enter my address and password on the Cox Webmail
sign-in page I get a new pop-up saying "Authentication Required" and
"https://myemail.cox.net is requesting your username and password. The
site says: “OX WebDAV”.   Even if I re-enter the username and password,
the same pop-up returns, blocking my webmail access.

Edge browser accesses the webmail page normally.

Can anyone suggest what may have changed to cause this issue and what
might be done to correct it?
--
C. Bankston
0

Cecil Bankston wrote:

> I usually use my SeaMonkey browser to access my Cox Webmail to mark the
> spam messages the Cox filter misses before I download new messages with
> SeaMonkey Mail.  SeaMonkey Mail still accesses the account normally; but
> starting today, after I enter my address and password on the Cox Webmail
> sign-in page I get a new pop-up saying "Authentication Required" and
> "https://myemail.cox.net is requesting your username and password. The
> site says: “OX WebDAV”.   Even if I re-enter the username and password,
> the same pop-up returns, blocking my webmail access.
>
> Edge browser accesses the webmail page normally.
>
> Can anyone suggest what may have changed to cause this issue and what
> might be done to correct it?

The first place to check when repeatedly prompted for login data is
cookie permissions. If they can't set and read a cookie saying you're
in, they'll ask again. So have you blocked cookies generally or just for
this site?

Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
6/8/2018 11:47:01 PM
Cecil Bankston wrote:
> I usually use my SeaMonkey browser to access my Cox Webmail to mark the
> spam messages the Cox filter misses before I download new messages with
> SeaMonkey Mail.  SeaMonkey Mail still accesses the account normally; but
> starting today, after I enter my address and password on the Cox Webmail
> sign-in page I get a new pop-up saying "Authentication Required" and
> "https://myemail.cox.net is requesting your username and password. The
> site says: “OX WebDAV”.   Even if I re-enter the username and password,
> the same pop-up returns, blocking my webmail access.
>
> Edge browser accesses the webmail page normally.
>
> Can anyone suggest what may have changed to cause this issue and what
> might be done to correct it?

I have a problem with Telus webmail.  I can log in, but the page that
lists the messages will not load.  I gave up and I use another browser
for that.

0
EE
6/9/2018 5:07:06 PM
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Cecil Bankston wrote:
>
>> I usually use my SeaMonkey browser to access my Cox Webmail to mark
>> the spam messages the Cox filter misses before I download new messages
>> with SeaMonkey Mail.  SeaMonkey Mail still accesses the account
>> normally; but starting today, after I enter my address and password on
>> the Cox Webmail sign-in page I get a new pop-up saying "Authentication
>> Required" and "https://myemail.cox.net is requesting your username and
>> password. The site says: “OX WebDAV”.   Even if I re-enter the
>> username and password, the same pop-up returns, blocking my webmail
>> access.
>>
>> Edge browser accesses the webmail page normally.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest what may have changed to cause this issue and what
>> might be done to correct it?
>
> The first place to check when repeatedly prompted for login data is
> cookie permissions. If they can't set and read a cookie saying you're
> in, they'll ask again. So have you blocked cookies generally or just for
> this site?

Cookies are not blocked.  I changed no settings before it stopped
working.  One reply on the Cox forum mentioned security settings on the
Cox site had changed in the last few days and asked whether SeaMonkey is
compatible with WebDAV, whatever that is.  Is it, or is there some
setting that will make it compatible?

--
C. Bankston
0