Trouble setting up Verizon mail

I have found conflicting information in setup instructions to configure SeaMonkey for Verizon. One source says use full email address for username, the other just the name before the @ sign.  Please advise.
0
jvanabbema
1/10/2017 12:54:28 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12647 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 01/09/17 7:54 PM, jvanabbema@gmail.com wrote:
> I have found conflicting information in setup instructions to configure SeaMonkey for Verizon. One source says use full email address for username, the other just the name before the @ sign.  Please advise.

Unless they changed things lately, you can use anything for your "user name".  I
usually just
use what's in front of  "@verizon.net",  In my case "Mr. Ed"

--
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"      Mister Ed
Mr. Ed wrote:

> On 01/09/17 7:54 PM, jvanabbema@gmail.com wrote:
>> I have found conflicting information in setup instructions to configure
>> SeaMonkey for Verizon. One source says use full email address for
>> username, the other just the name before the @ sign.  Please advise.
>>
> Unless they changed things lately, you can use anything for your "user
> name".  I usually just use what's in front of  "@verizon.net",  In my
> case "Mr. Ed"

No, you would use "Mr._Ed" ... you forgot the underscore.
0
Richard
1/10/2017 1:23:29 AM
On 01/09/17 8:23 PM, Richard Alan wrote:
> Mr. Ed wrote:
>
>> On 01/09/17 7:54 PM, jvanabbema@gmail.com wrote:
>>> I have found conflicting information in setup instructions to configure
>>> SeaMonkey for Verizon. One source says use full email address for
>>> username, the other just the name before the @ sign.  Please advise.
>>>
>> Unless they changed things lately, you can use anything for your "user
>> name".  I usually just use what's in front of  "@verizon.net",  In my
>> case "Mr. Ed"
>
> No, you would use "Mr._Ed" ... you forgot the underscore.

You're right, That's what *I'm* using, but I could use "Mr. Ed" without the
underline if I desired.

--
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"      Mister Ed
0
Mr
1/10/2017 1:27:35 AM
jvanabbema@gmail.com wrote:

> I have found conflicting information in setup instructions to
> configure SeaMonkey for Verizon. One source says use full email
> address for username, the other just the name before the @ sign.
> Please advise.

In Edit | Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings... | Server Settings,
assuming for purposes of discussion that your Verizon address is
<jvanabbema @ verizon . net> (I've inserted spaces to defeat the spambots):

Server Name: pop.verizon.net		Port: 995
User Name: jvanabbema
Connection security: SSL/TLS
Authentication method: Normal password

It's possible that other settings may work, but I can't be sure. I do
know for a fact that this set works, and has for years.

You can also name the account anything you please under Edit | Mail &
Newsgroups Account Settings... | Account Name. This is just for your
convenience and never leaves the room.

Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
1/10/2017 1:47:52 AM
Mr. Ed wrote:

> On 01/09/17 8:23 PM, Richard Alan wrote:
>> Mr. Ed wrote:

>>> Unless they changed things lately, you can use anything for your "user
>>> name".  I usually just use what's in front of  "@verizon.net",  In my
>>> case "Mr. Ed"
>>
>> No, you would use "Mr._Ed" ... you forgot the underscore.
>
> You're right, That's what *I'm* using, but I could use "Mr. Ed" without
> the underline if I desired.

Not for an email ID. Spaces are not permitted in email addresses. You
could use it for a name, but not the address.

0
Richard
1/10/2017 2:58:39 AM
On 01/09/17 9:58 PM, Richard Alan wrote:
> Mr. Ed wrote:

>>> No, you would use "Mr._Ed" ... you forgot the underscore.
>>
>> You're right, That's what *I'm* using, but I could use "Mr. Ed" without
>> the underline if I desired.
>
> Not for an email ID. Spaces are not permitted in email addresses. You
> could use it for a name, but not the address.

Exactly what we are talking about.