toggle sidebar

This seems like it should be easy, but I can't figure it out. Can anyone
suggest a way to place an icon on the GUI that when left-clicked will
execute the hotkey F9? (the idea is to toggle the sidebar on and off).

For those familiar with it, there is a download at the Codefisher site
that claims to do this in SeaMonkey and PaleMoon, but it only works
right in PM, IMO.
0
Roger
5/13/2018 5:52:53 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12904 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Roger Fink wrote:
> This seems like it should be easy, but I can't figure it out. Can anyone
> suggest a way to place an icon on the GUI that when left-clicked will
> execute the hotkey F9? (the idea is to toggle the sidebar on and off).
>
> For those familiar with it, there is a download at the Codefisher site
> that claims to do this in SeaMonkey and PaleMoon, but it only works
> right in PM, IMO.

Pull down the View menu, choose Show/Hide, click Sidebar.  You should
then see the sidebar.

0
EE
5/13/2018 6:34:21 PM
On 5/13/18 2:34 PM, EE wrote:
> Roger Fink wrote:
>> This seems like it should be easy, but I can't figure it out. Can
>> anyone suggest a way to place an icon on the GUI that when
>> left-clicked will execute the hotkey F9? (the idea is to toggle the
>> sidebar on and off).
>>
>> For those familiar with it, there is a download at the Codefisher site
>> that claims to do this in SeaMonkey and PaleMoon, but it only works
>> right in PM, IMO.
>
> Pull down the View menu, choose Show/Hide, click Sidebar.  You should
> then see the sidebar.

How does that help when he wants an icon to execute F9 that can be
placed in the Toolbar. He already knows that pressing F9 will open the
sidebar.

Firefox has a Show Sidebars icon on the toolbar by default.

I don't see one in my SeaMonkey under Customize.

--
GO GOLDEN KNIGHTS!
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop