thunderbird alternative for android tablet

My wife is having problems with the email app on her android tablet.  I
would have liked to install thunderbird there, but it appears that
unlike firefox it is not available yet for android.

What email app for android can I set her up with for a verizon.net email
address?  The current app was set up with pop, I might try IMAP with the
new one in hope that it works better.

Of course seamonkey would be even better, but I know that is unavailable
for android and given the limited development team out of the question.

Thank you for your suggestions in advance.

Dave
0
David
5/22/2020 12:32:16 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13484 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

David H. Durgee wrote:
> My wife is having problems with the email app on her android tablet.  I
> would have liked to install thunderbird there, but it appears that
> unlike firefox it is not available yet for android.
>
> What email app for android can I set her up with for a verizon.net email
> address?  The current app was set up with pop, I might try IMAP with the
> new one in hope that it works better.
>
> Of course seamonkey would be even better, but I know that is unavailable
> for android and given the limited development team out of the question.
>
> Thank you for your suggestions in advance.
>
> Dave

I entered "android email client" into the search engine of my choice and
was greeted by a multitude of hits from a wide range of sources.

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/
0
David H. Durgee wrote:
> My wife is having problems with the email app on her android tablet.  I
> would have liked to install thunderbird there, but it appears that
> unlike firefox it is not available yet for android.
>
> What email app for android can I set her up with for a verizon.net email
> address?  The current app was set up with pop, I might try IMAP with the
> new one in hope that it works better.
>
> Of course seamonkey would be even better, but I know that is unavailable
> for android and given the limited development team out of the question.

For Android phones and tablets, I'm partial to K-9 Mail:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsck.k9

0
Bill
5/22/2020 9:09:48 AM
Bill Spikowski wrote:
> David H. Durgee wrote:
>> My wife is having problems with the email app on her android tablet.  I
>> would have liked to install thunderbird there, but it appears that
>> unlike firefox it is not available yet for android.
>>
>> What email app for android can I set her up with for a verizon.net email
>> address?  The current app was set up with pop, I might try IMAP with the
>> new one in hope that it works better.
>>
>> Of course seamonkey would be even better, but I know that is unavailable
>> for android and given the limited development team out of the question.
>

> For Android phones and tablets, I'm partial to K-9 Mail:
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsck.k9

I tried K-9 mail for a while, but ran into trouble trying to access
clients that used oauth.

I now much prefer BlueMail, https://www.bluemail.me/, which has no
problems with oath.  I also prefer their interface.
0
Mark
5/22/2020 6:50:37 PM
I personally use AquaMail, the dev has been
constantly updating it
Note: Its not free, you can use a free version
If you only use 1 email account, and a trial
is allowed
0
Joey
5/23/2020 11:08:14 AM
Joey Consensus <catman2go7@gmail.com> wrote in

> I personally use AquaMail, the dev has been
> constantly updating it
> Note: Its not free, you can use a free version
> If you only use 1 email account, and a trial
> is allowed

I have used both K9 Mail and Blue Mail and they work quite nicely. My personal
preference is for K9 as I've got a bit more control over the configuration.
0
Michael