The case of the invisible check boxes

I am encountering a new problem here with SM 2.49.1 on Linux Mint 18.2
x64 that may be a bug.  I am finding cases where a form is being
presented using check boxes and they are invisible!  An example of this
is the Medicare plan search page.  When the results are ready for
presentation you are expected to check off boxes for the alternatives
you want to see.

I have been able to work around this in the case where I know a check
box is there even if I can't see it, as I can still check it and at that
point the box becomes visible.  Where this is a problem is when the form
does not make it obvious that a check box is present.

Is anyone else seeing this?  Is there a new setting somewhere I can set?

Dave
0
David
12/6/2017 12:29:31 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12644 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

There is a problem with dropmarkers and gtk3. Width is only 1 pixel .
Can usually be seen in the location bar with the history drop down menu.
Not aware of any problems with checkboxes but I can test it if you find
a public form with this problem.

FRG

David H. Durgee wrote:
> I am encountering a new problem here with SM 2.49.1 on Linux Mint 18.2
> x64 that may be a bug.  I am finding cases where a form is being
> presented using check boxes and they are invisible!  An example of this
> is the Medicare plan search page.  When the results are ready for
> presentation you are expected to check off boxes for the alternatives
> you want to see.
>
> I have been able to work around this in the case where I know a check
> box is there even if I can't see it, as I can still check it and at that
> point the box becomes visible.  Where this is a problem is when the form
> does not make it obvious that a check box is present.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?  Is there a new setting somewhere I can set?
>
> Dave

0
Frank
12/6/2017 12:51:50 PM
I took a look around to find a public page exhibiting the problem and
found this one:

http://toolsqa.com/automation-practice-form/

This form exhibits the problem at the line labelled "Profession" where
there are invisible check boxes that I can tick for both choices.

This form also demonstrates that I have a similar problem with radio
buttons.  The line labelled "Sex" has invisible radio buttons for its
choices.

I hope this demonstrates it for you as well.

Dave

>Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:   There is a problem with dropmarkers and gtk3. Width is only 1 pixel .
> Can usually be seen in the location bar with the history drop down menu.
> Not aware of any problems with checkboxes but I can test it if you find
> a public form with this problem.
>
> FRG
>
> David H. Durgee wrote:
>> I am encountering a new problem here with SM 2.49.1 on Linux Mint 18.2
>> x64 that may be a bug.  I am finding cases where a form is being
>> presented using check boxes and they are invisible!  An example of
>> this is the Medicare plan search page.  When the results are ready for
>> presentation you are expected to check off boxes for the alternatives
>> you want to see.
>>
>> I have been able to work around this in the case where I know a check
>> box is there even if I can't see it, as I can still check it and at
>> that point the box becomes visible.  Where this is a problem is when
>> the form does not make it obvious that a check box is present.
>>
>> Is anyone else seeing this?  Is there a new setting somewhere I can set?
>>
>> Dave

0
David
12/6/2017 2:01:08 PM
On 12/06/2017 08:01 AM, David H. Durgee wrote:
> I took a look around to find a public page exhibiting the problem and
> found this one:
>
> http://toolsqa.com/automation-practice-form/
>
> This form exhibits the problem at the line labelled "Profession" where
> there are invisible check boxes that I can tick for both choices.
>
> This form also demonstrates that I have a similar problem with radio
> buttons.  The line labelled "Sex" has invisible radio buttons for its
> choices.
>
> I hope this demonstrates it for you as well.
>
> Dave
>

>> Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:   There is a problem with dropmarkers and
>> gtk3. Width is only 1 pixel . Can usually be seen in the location bar
>> with the history drop down menu.
>> Not aware of any problems with checkboxes but I can test it if you
>> find a public form with this problem.
>>
>> FRG
>>
>> David H. Durgee wrote:
>>> I am encountering a new problem here with SM 2.49.1 on Linux Mint
>>> 18.2 x64 that may be a bug.  I am finding cases where a form is being
>>> presented using check boxes and they are invisible!  An example of
>>> this is the Medicare plan search page.  When the results are ready
>>> for presentation you are expected to check off boxes for the
>>> alternatives you want to see.
>>>
>>> I have been able to work around this in the case where I know a check
>>> box is there even if I can't see it, as I can still check it and at
>>> that point the box becomes visible.  Where this is a problem is when
>>> the form does not make it obvious that a check box is present.
>>>
>>> Is anyone else seeing this?  Is there a new setting somewhere I can set?
>>>
>>> Dave

I see no problems. OS is Debian 9.1 with MATE desktop on a Lenovo T510 with
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/51.0 SeaMonkey/2.48
Build identifier: 20170706221455

0
Richard
12/6/2017 2:49:58 PM
Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 12/06/2017 08:01 AM, David H. Durgee wrote:
>> I took a look around to find a public page exhibiting the problem and
>> found this one:
>>
>> http://toolsqa.com/automation-practice-form/
>>
>> This form exhibits the problem at the line labelled "Profession" where
>> there are invisible check boxes that I can tick for both choices.
>>
>> This form also demonstrates that I have a similar problem with radio
>> buttons.  The line labelled "Sex" has invisible radio buttons for its
>> choices.
>>
>> I hope this demonstrates it for you as well.
>>
>> Dave
>>

>>> Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:   There is a problem with dropmarkers and
>>> gtk3. Width is only 1 pixel . Can usually be seen in the location bar
>>> with the history drop down menu.
>>> Not aware of any problems with checkboxes but I can test it if you
>>> find a public form with this problem.
>>>
>>> FRG

> I see no problems. OS is Debian 9.1 with MATE desktop on a Lenovo T510 with
> User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101
> Firefox/51.0 SeaMonkey/2.48
> Build identifier: 20170706221455

I didn't see a problem on 2.48 either, I am seeing it on 2.49.1 here.

Dave
0
David
12/6/2017 2:59:27 PM
David H. Durgee wrote:
> Richard Owlett wrote:
>> On 12/06/2017 08:01 AM, David H. Durgee wrote:
>>> I took a look around to find a public page exhibiting the problem and
>>> found this one:
>>>
>>> http://toolsqa.com/automation-practice-form/
>>>
>>> This form exhibits the problem at the line labelled "Profession" where
>>> there are invisible check boxes that I can tick for both choices.
>>>
>>> This form also demonstrates that I have a similar problem with radio
>>> buttons.  The line labelled "Sex" has invisible radio buttons for its
>>> choices.
>>>
>>> I hope this demonstrates it for you as well.
>>>
>>> Dave

>> I see no problems. OS is Debian 9.1 with MATE desktop on a Lenovo T510
>> with
>> User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101
>> Firefox/51.0 SeaMonkey/2.48
>> Build identifier: 20170706221455
>>

> I didn't see a problem on 2.48 either, I am seeing it on 2.49.1 here.
>
> Dave

And to further muddy the waters, running 2.49.1 here on Ubuntu Trusty
16.04.3 and the check boxes and radio buttons showed up just fine...

--
Jaime A. Cruz
President

AMA District 34
http://www.AMADistrict34.com/
Freddy's Run
http://www.freddysrun.org/
0
Cruz
12/6/2017 3:16:21 PM
Cruz, Jaime wrote:
> David H. Durgee wrote:
>> Richard Owlett wrote:

>>> I see no problems. OS is Debian 9.1 with MATE desktop on a Lenovo
>>> T510 with
>>> User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101
>>> Firefox/51.0 SeaMonkey/2.48
>>> Build identifier: 20170706221455
>>>

>> I didn't see a problem on 2.48 either, I am seeing it on 2.49.1 here.
>>
>> Dave
>
> And to further muddy the waters, running 2.49.1 here on Ubuntu Trusty
> 16.04.3 and the check boxes and radio buttons showed up just fine...

Interesting.  That would appear to point to either a theme problem or a
profile problem.  I am using the little monkey 2.0.27 theme here.  I
will try the page with the default themes and see if the problem is
there or not.

Dave
0
David
12/6/2017 3:28:52 PM
David H. Durgee wrote:
> Cruz, Jaime wrote:
>> David H. Durgee wrote:

>>> I didn't see a problem on 2.48 either, I am seeing it on 2.49.1 here.
>>>
>>> Dave
>>
>> And to further muddy the waters, running 2.49.1 here on Ubuntu Trusty
>> 16.04.3 and the check boxes and radio buttons showed up just fine...
>>

> Interesting.  That would appear to point to either a theme problem or a
> profile problem.  I am using the little monkey 2.0.27 theme here.  I
> will try the page with the default themes and see if the problem is
> there or not.
>
> Dave

Curiouser and curiouser, I tried this test URL on SM 2.49.1 on another
system with the little monkey theme and THERE I see the boxes and radio
buttons.  So it appears specific to this instance of the browser.  I am
going to try a browser restart and see if that changes anything.

Dave
0
David
12/6/2017 3:44:01 PM
David H. Durgee wrote:
> David H. Durgee wrote:
>> Cruz, Jaime wrote:

>>> And to further muddy the waters, running 2.49.1 here on Ubuntu Trusty
>>> 16.04.3 and the check boxes and radio buttons showed up just fine...
>>>

>> Interesting.  That would appear to point to either a theme problem or
>> a profile problem.  I am using the little monkey 2.0.27 theme here.  I
>> will try the page with the default themes and see if the problem is
>> there or not.
>>
>> Dave
>
> Curiouser and curiouser, I tried this test URL on SM 2.49.1 on another
> system with the little monkey theme and THERE I see the boxes and radio
> buttons.  So it appears specific to this instance of the browser.  I am
> going to try a browser restart and see if that changes anything.
>
> Dave

Restart made no difference.  I am assuming at this point it is a profile
setting that is causing it.  Is there a way to dump just the non-default
settings from about:config so that I can compare them with the other
system and see candidates for the culprit?  I have been using this
profile on this system for years, so I would prefer to fix it as opposed
to starting over.  Are there any obvious candidates for the cause

Dave
0
David
12/6/2017 3:54:31 PM
On 12/6/17 10:54 AM, David H. Durgee wrote:
> David H. Durgee wrote:
>> David H. Durgee wrote:

>>> Interesting.  That would appear to point to either a theme problem or
>>> a profile problem.  I am using the little monkey 2.0.27 theme here.
>>> I will try the page with the default themes and see if the problem is
>>> there or not.
>>>
>>> Dave
>>
>> Curiouser and curiouser, I tried this test URL on SM 2.49.1 on another
>> system with the little monkey theme and THERE I see the boxes and
>> radio buttons.  So it appears specific to this instance of the
>> browser.  I am going to try a browser restart and see if that changes
>> anything.
>>
>> Dave
>
> Restart made no difference.  I am assuming at this point it is a profile
> setting that is causing it.  Is there a way to dump just the non-default
> settings from about:config so that I can compare them with the other
> system and see candidates for the culprit?  I have been using this
> profile on this system for years, so I would prefer to fix it as opposed
> to starting over.  Are there any obvious candidates for the cause
>
> Dave

Wouldn't it be nice if SeaMonkey had the Refresh feature that keeps all
your bookmarks, passwords, cookies and more like Firefox.

So open the problematic SeaMonkey, go to Tools > Switch Profile and
create a test profile.

I'm not seeing any problem with that test form using Mozilla/5.0 (X11;
Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.1

--
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

> David H. Durgee wrote:

>> David H. Durgee wrote:

>>> Interesting. That would appear to point to either a theme problem or
>>> a profile problem. I am using the little monkey 2.0.27 theme here. I
>>> will try the page with the default themes and see if the problem is
>>> there or not.

>> Curiouser and curiouser, I tried this test URL on SM 2.49.1 on another
>> system with the little monkey theme and THERE I see the boxes and radio
>> buttons. So it appears specific to this instance of the browser. I am
>> going to try a browser restart and see if that changes anything.

> Restart made no difference. I am assuming at this point it is a profile
> setting that is causing it.

As Frank alluded, this is GTK3-related. 2.48 was built with GTK2. 2.49.1 is built
with GTK3. Mint/Cinnamon (David) users seem to have insufficient GTK3 support, while
Mate (Richard), whatever DE Ubuntu users are using now (Jaime), and Gnome (home of GTK,
obviously) users have the needed GTK3 support. I don't have the invisible checkbox/radio
button problem here in KDE3, but I do have some GTK3 customizations (~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css
due to otherwise too narrow scrollbars and absent scroll buttons), and the following GTK3
packages in openSUSE:

PackageKit-gtk3-module-1.1.3-4.4.x86_64
gtk3-branding-openSUSE-42.1-6.1.noarch
gtk3-data-3.20.10-9.2.noarch
gtk3-metatheme-adwaita-3.20.2-3.3.noarch
gtk3-tools-3.20.10-9.2.x86_64
libcanberra-gtk3-0-0.30-14.3.x86_64
libcanberra-gtk3-module-0.30-14.3.x86_64
libgtk-3-0-3.20.10-9.2.x86_64
libgtkmm-3_0-1-3.20.1-3.3.x86_64
libjavascriptcoregtk-3_0-0-2.4.11-4.26.x86_64
libwebkitgtk-3_0-0-2.4.11-4.26.x86_64
metatheme-adwaita-common-3.20.2-3.3.noarch

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/
0
Felix
12/6/2017 6:40:51 PM
Felix Miata wrote:
> David H. Durgee composed on 2017-12-06 10:54 (UTC-0500):
>
>> David H. Durgee wrote:

>>> Curiouser and curiouser, I tried this test URL on SM 2.49.1 on another
>>> system with the little monkey theme and THERE I see the boxes and radio
>>> buttons. So it appears specific to this instance of the browser. I am
>>> going to try a browser restart and see if that changes anything.
>
>> Restart made no difference. I am assuming at this point it is a profile
>> setting that is causing it.
>
> As Frank alluded, this is GTK3-related. 2.48 was built with GTK2. 2.49.1 is built
> with GTK3. Mint/Cinnamon (David) users seem to have insufficient GTK3 support, while
> Mate (Richard), whatever DE Ubuntu users are using now (Jaime), and Gnome (home of GTK,
> obviously) users have the needed GTK3 support. I don't have the invisible checkbox/radio
> button problem here in KDE3, but I do have some GTK3 customizations (~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css
> due to otherwise too narrow scrollbars and absent scroll buttons), and the following GTK3
> packages in openSUSE:
>
> PackageKit-gtk3-module-1.1.3-4.4.x86_64
> gtk3-branding-openSUSE-42.1-6.1.noarch
> gtk3-data-3.20.10-9.2.noarch
> gtk3-metatheme-adwaita-3.20.2-3.3.noarch
> gtk3-tools-3.20.10-9.2.x86_64
> libcanberra-gtk3-0-0.30-14.3.x86_64
> libcanberra-gtk3-module-0.30-14.3.x86_64
> libgtk-3-0-3.20.10-9.2.x86_64
> libgtkmm-3_0-1-3.20.1-3.3.x86_64
> libjavascriptcoregtk-3_0-0-2.4.11-4.26.x86_64
> libwebkitgtk-3_0-0-2.4.11-4.26.x86_64
> metatheme-adwaita-common-3.20.2-3.3.noarch

I do have a GTK3 customization file of my own to deal with the missing
scroll steppers as you do.  Is there an override to add here as well
that will address the invisible checkbox/radio button problem?  Perhaps
someone who knows GTK3 customization can solve this for me.

Dave
0
David
12/6/2017 7:32:23 PM
David H. Durgee wrote:
> I took a look around to find a public page exhibiting the problem and
> found this one:
>
> http://toolsqa.com/automation-practice-form/
>
> This form exhibits the problem at the line labelled "Profession" where
> there are invisible check boxes that I can tick for both choices.
>
> This form also demonstrates that I have a similar problem with radio
> buttons.� The line labelled "Sex" has invisible radio buttons for its
> choices.
>
> I hope this demonstrates it for you as well.
>
> Dave
>

>> Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:�� There is a problem with dropmarkers and
>> gtk3. Width is only 1 pixel . Can usually be seen in the location bar
>> with the history drop down menu.
>> Not aware of any problems with checkboxes but I can test it if you
>> find a public form with this problem.
>>
>> FRG
>>
>> David H. Durgee wrote:
>>> I am encountering a new problem here with SM 2.49.1 on Linux Mint
>>> 18.2 x64 that may be a bug.� I am finding cases where a form is being
>>> presented using check boxes and they are invisible!� An example of
>>> this is the Medicare plan search page.� When the results are ready
>>> for presentation you are expected to check off boxes for the
>>> alternatives you want to see.
>>>
>>> I have been able to work around this in the case where I know a check
>>> box is there even if I can't see it, as I can still check it and at
>>> that point the box becomes visible.� Where this is a problem is when
>>> the form does not make it obvious that a check box is present.
>>>
>>> Is anyone else seeing this?� Is there a new setting somewhere I can set?
>>>
>>> Dave

On that page, I see both radio buttons and check boxes.  Maybe it is
because I am using a third-party theme?

0
EE
12/6/2017 8:06:21 PM
David H. Durgee wrote:
> Cruz, Jaime wrote:
>> David H. Durgee wrote:

>>> I didn't see a problem on 2.48 either, I am seeing it on 2.49.1 here.
>>>
>>> Dave
>>
>> And to further muddy the waters, running 2.49.1 here on Ubuntu Trusty
>> 16.04.3 and the check boxes and radio buttons showed up just fine...
>>

> Interesting.� That would appear to point to either a theme problem or a
> profile problem.� I am using the little monkey 2.0.27 theme here.� I
> will try the page with the default themes and see if the problem is
> there or not.
>
> Dave

It works with the default theme, so that cannot be it.  Maybe a Linux
problem?  I use MacOS.

0
EE
12/6/2017 8:10:32 PM
David H. Durgee wrote:
> David H. Durgee wrote:
>> Curiouser and curiouser, I tried this test URL on SM 2.49.1 on another
>> system with the little monkey theme and THERE I see the boxes and
>> radio buttons.  So it appears specific to this instance of the
>> browser.  I am going to try a browser restart and see if that changes
>> anything.

For what it's worth, checkboxes and radio buttons at
<http://toolsqa.com/automation-practice-form/> all appear fine for me
with SeaMonkey 2.49.1 on Linux Mint 18.3 Mate.

> Restart made no difference.  I am assuming at this point it is a profile
> setting that is causing it.

If you haven't already, try Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled (also
known as "safe mode"). As implied, that restarts SeaMonkey with all the
extensions disabled, and uses defaults for some other preferences as
well. It gives the option to make some of those changes permanent; you
may not want to do that until you know if it's going to help. If the
checkboxes are shown correctly with add-ons disabled, you can try
enabling/disabling extensions one-by-one to look for the culprit.

If that doesn't help, you could also try creating a new profile. You
don't need to delete the old one. Just use Tools > Switch Profile >
Manage Profiles to create a new one, and later you can switch back to
the original profile.

> Is there a way to dump just the non-default
> settings from about:config so that I can compare them with the other
> system and see candidates for the culprit?

The file prefs.js in your SeaMonkey profile directory contains all the
customised preferences.

> I have been using this
> profile on this system for years, so I would prefer to fix it as opposed
> to starting over.  Are there any obvious candidates for the cause

Apart from the above, I can't think of anything else to suggest.

--
Mark.

0
mozilla
12/6/2017 10:09:00 PM
David H. Durgee composed on 2017-12-06 14:32 (UTC-0500):

> I do have a GTK3 customization file of my own to deal with the missing
> scroll steppers as you do.  Is there an override to add here as well
> that will address the invisible checkbox/radio button problem?

Ultimately that could be a place for a solution, but not the only place, nor the
ideal place. Another possibility would be your profile's chrome/userChrome.css
file, which you probably do not have, since by default it does not exist.

Are you using either of the built-in SM themes, default classic or modern, and
tried the other?

> Perhaps someone who knows GTK3 customization can solve this for me.

That would be the ideal magic, but finding such a person with the interest to do
so is another matter.

Things I would try first if I was using Mint 18.2 with Cinnamon:

1-upgrade to 18.3
2-add Mate to see if the problem exists there also
3-if it does not, go back to Cinnamon and see if something Mate added solved it
4-if still a problem in Cinnamon, try yet another DE, e.g. KDE or XFCE
5-repeat 3
6-if still a problem in Cinnamon, search and/or ask in a Cinnamon or Mint users
forum, e.g. https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-mint-84/ or
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=208

Absent finding someone or some group who can help with CSS customizaton, either
using ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css or profile's chrome/userChrome.css, you might
try DIY with Domi (SM's Tools -> Web Development ->). The highlight in the left
pane of http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Moz/sm2491domi-samp.gif shows on the right side
the CSS rules being applied to that element, and you can see btn-color is being
inherited. The hard part is figuring out what overriding rule(s) is/are required
to ensure visible colors get inherited. That's why the much better method is
finding someone who understands GTK3 theming who can ID and suggest a solution
to the root problem, bad or missing theming.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/
0
Felix
12/6/2017 10:41:14 PM
Felix Miata wrote:
> David H. Durgee composed on 2017-12-06 14:32 (UTC-0500):
>
>> I do have a GTK3 customization file of my own to deal with the missing
>> scroll steppers as you do.  Is there an override to add here as well
>> that will address the invisible checkbox/radio button problem?
>
> Ultimately that could be a place for a solution, but not the only place, nor the
> ideal place. Another possibility would be your profile's chrome/userChrome.css
> file, which you probably do not have, since by default it does not exist.
>
> Are you using either of the built-in SM themes, default classic or modern, and
> tried the other?
>
>> Perhaps someone who knows GTK3 customization can solve this for me.
>
> That would be the ideal magic, but finding such a person with the interest to do
> so is another matter.
>
> Things I would try first if I was using Mint 18.2 with Cinnamon:
>
> 1-upgrade to 18.3
> 2-add Mate to see if the problem exists there also
> 3-if it does not, go back to Cinnamon and see if something Mate added solved it
> 4-if still a problem in Cinnamon, try yet another DE, e.g. KDE or XFCE
> 5-repeat 3
> 6-if still a problem in Cinnamon, search and/or ask in a Cinnamon or Mint users
> forum, e.g. https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-mint-84/ or
> https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=208
>
> Absent finding someone or some group who can help with CSS customizaton, either
> using ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css or profile's chrome/userChrome.css, you might
> try DIY with Domi (SM's Tools -> Web Development ->). The highlight in the left
> pane of http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Moz/sm2491domi-samp.gif shows on the right side
> the CSS rules being applied to that element, and you can see btn-color is being
> inherited. The hard part is figuring out what overriding rule(s) is/are required
> to ensure visible colors get inherited. That's why the much better method is
> finding someone who understands GTK3 theming who can ID and suggest a solution
> to the root problem, bad or missing theming.

I just thought of one other test, so I opened the test page in Firefox
57.0.1 here and I see the exact same behavior!  That may give me another
place to check, as there are more Firefox users that SeaMonkey.

Is there a newsgroup for Firefox support?  That would probably be the
easiest way to see.

Dave
0
David
12/7/2017 2:13:12 AM
David H. Durgee composed on 2017-12-06 21:13 (UTC-0500):

> I just thought of one other test, so I opened the test page in Firefox
> 57.0.1 here and I see the exact same behavior!  That may give me another
> place to check, as there are more Firefox users that SeaMonkey.

> Is there a newsgroup for Firefox support?  That would probably be the
> easiest way to see.

irc://moznet/#firefox
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Knowledge_Base

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/
0
Felix
12/7/2017 3:08:58 AM
David H. Durgee wrote:

> I just thought of one other test, so I opened the test page in Firefox
> 57.0.1 here and I see the exact same behavior!  That may give me another
> place to check, as there are more Firefox users that SeaMonkey.
>
> Is there a newsgroup for Firefox support?  That would probably be the
> easiest way to see.
>
> Dave
Dave
Try a different  system font
Since Windows 10 and it's new light colors I had the problem until I
changed the system font

Jim
0
Jim
12/7/2017 2:30:59 PM
EE wrote:
> David H. Durgee wrote:
>> Cruz, Jaime wrote:

>>> And to further muddy the waters, running 2.49.1 here on Ubuntu Trusty
>>> 16.04.3 and the check boxes and radio buttons showed up just fine...
>>>

>> Interesting.  That would appear to point to either a theme problem or
>> a profile problem.  I am using the little monkey 2.0.27 theme here.  I
>> will try the page with the default themes and see if the problem is
>> there or not.
>>
>> Dave
>
> It works with the default theme, so that cannot be it.  Maybe a Linux
> problem?  I use MacOS.

Problem is now solved.  Someone over on mint forums pointed me to the
theme settings that were working for him and I tried changing my theme
settings to match his.  The problem went away.  In particular changing
the setting for controls in the theme is where the problem was.  So if
you are seeing this problem try changing yours.

Dave
0
David
12/7/2017 6:11:09 PM
David H. Durgee composed on 2017-12-07 13:11 (UTC-0500):

> Problem is now solved.  Someone over on mint forums pointed me to the
> theme settings that were working for him and I tried changing my theme
> settings to match his.  The problem went away.  In particular changing
> the setting for controls in the theme is where the problem was.  So if
> you are seeing this problem try changing yours.

<https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=208&t=258926&sid=35808b17554f61029a468f0a9b72afae>

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/
0
Felix