Strange SeaMonkey mail/newsgroup symptom - failure to connect

I'm running:
   Debian 9.8 with MATE desktop
   SeaMonkey 2.49.4, Build identifier: 20180711182954
I connect via T-Mobile WiFi Hotspot
   {WiFi disabled, i.e. I treat it as USB connected modem }

Starting from cold boot, I occasionally (but frequent enough to prompt
question) have to connect to a website {arbitrary valid URL} before I
can connect to my e-mail provider.

I believe the same is true regarding my two newsgroup providers:
   news.mozilla.org
   news.supernews.com
{IOW I rarely attempt to connect to newsgroup before checking mail}

Do I have a "real" problem?
   or is "Murphy" just laughing at me?

TIA

0
Richard
1/31/2020 3:04:49 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13358 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow