Strange Error Message

Why do I get this error message with SM for this web site: 
https://www.toposim.net? It only shows "bad-bots.html"? It works fine 
with Edge.
0
Tom
3/13/2020 8:03:08 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13410 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

9 Replies
20 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 50

Tom Pamin wrote:
> Why do I get this error message with SM for this web site:
> https://www.toposim.net? It only shows "bad-bots.html"? It works fine
> with Edge.

Bad useragent sniffing.

-- 
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
0
Jonathan
3/13/2020 8:30:34 PM
Tom Pamin wrote:
> Why do I get this error message with SM for this web site: 
> https://www.toposim.net? It only shows "bad-bots.html"? It works fine 
> with Edge.

Works fine in my Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 
Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.1.

You did try safe mode before posting?
0
WaltS48
3/13/2020 9:02:34 PM
WaltS48:
>Tom Pamin wrote:

>> Why do I get this error message with SM for this web site: 
>> https://www.toposim.net? It only shows "bad-bots.html"? It works fine 
>> with Edge.
>
>Works fine in my Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 
>Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.1.

It is interesting, that I get the 'bad-bots.html' if 'Advertise
Lightning installation' is enabled.

Hartmut
0
Hartmut
3/13/2020 9:14:35 PM
Hartmut Figge wrote:
> WaltS48:
>> Tom Pamin wrote:
> 
>>> Why do I get this error message with SM for this web site:
>>> https://www.toposim.net? It only shows "bad-bots.html"? It works fine
>>> with Edge.
>>
>> Works fine in my Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101
>> Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.1.
> 
> It is interesting, that I get the 'bad-bots.html' if 'Advertise
> Lightning installation' is enabled.
> 
> Hartmut
> 

Well, what do you know. I do too!

That was an easy problem to solve. :)
0
WaltS48
3/13/2020 9:20:50 PM
Tom Pamin wrote:
> Why do I get this error message with SM for this web site: 
> https://www.toposim.net? It only shows "bad-bots.html"? It works fine 
> with Edge.
Using Safe Mode, I found out it is the Lightning Extension causing this.
0
Tom
3/13/2020 10:43:35 PM
WaltS48 wrote on 14/03/2020 8:20 AM:
> Hartmut Figge wrote:
>> WaltS48:
>>> Tom Pamin wrote:
>>
>>>> Why do I get this error message with SM for this web site:
>>>> https://www.toposim.net? It only shows "bad-bots.html"? It works fine
>>>> with Edge.
>>>
>>> Works fine in my Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101
>>> Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.1.
>>
>> It is interesting, that I get the 'bad-bots.html' if 'Advertise
>> Lightning installation' is enabled.
>>
>> Hartmut
> 
> Well, what do you know. I do too!
> 
> That was an easy problem to solve. :)

Which is last in your UA, SM or Lightning??

-- 
Daniel

Win7 User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) 
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) 
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
3/14/2020 9:20:17 AM
Daniel:

>Which is last in your UA, SM or Lightning??

Lightning doesn't is in the UA. Easy to notice, if you can always see
the UA in the header pane. :)

Hartmut
0
Hartmut
3/14/2020 9:27:38 AM
Hartmut Figge:

>Lightning doesn't is in the UA. Easy to notice, if you can always see
           ^^^^^^^^^<
Oh my. I disown that. O:-)

Hartmut
0
Hartmut
3/14/2020 9:31:44 AM
Hartmut Figge wrote on 14/03/2020 8:27 PM:
> Daniel:
> 
>> Which is last in your UA, SM or Lightning??
> 
> Lightning doesn't is in the UA. Easy to notice, if you can always see
> the UA in the header pane. :)
> 
> Hartmut
> 
Hmm! O.K., did I at some time have 'Advertise Lightning' selected and 
then de-select it, as I don't see it in my header now??

Maybe when I installed Lightning, it added it in!

-- 
Daniel

Win7 User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) 
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) 
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
3/15/2020 9:29:07 AM
Reply: