Still Can't Get Fox News

Still get the message "You don't have permission to access Fox News on
this server". Any thoughts on what to do now?

I tried changing cookies to "Session Only", didn't work. I tried
changing my UA string to read Firefox 72.0.1, didn't work.

Any other thoughts?
Larry
0
Larry
3/10/2020 7:06:55 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13410 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 3/10/2020 12:06 PM, Larry S. wrote:
> Still get the message "You don't have permission to access Fox News on
> this server". Any thoughts on what to do now?
>
> I tried changing cookies to "Session Only", didn't work. I tried
> changing my UA string to read Firefox 72.0.1, didn't work.
>
> Any other thoughts?
> Larry

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
	SeaMonkey/2.49.5
"Advertise Firefox compatibility" disabled
Cookies for the requested Web site only
Popups blocked
All images enabled
"When a web page provides its own colors and background" set to "Always
	use the colors and background specified by the web page."
"Allow documents to use other fonts" enabled
HTML5 Media enabled

No problem viewing Fox News at <https://www.foxnews.com/> (other than my
dislike of Fox politics).

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Beyond Meat and other such vegetarian meat substitutes
represent the ultimate in ultra-processed foods.  Real
meat is natural.  Beyond Meat is definitely not.  No,
I do NOT own a cattle ranch, a butcher shop, or any
other business doing commerce in meat.
0
David
3/10/2020 8:09:59 PM
Larry S. wrote:
> Still get the message "You don't have permission to access Fox News on
> this server". Any thoughts on what to do now?
>
> I tried changing cookies to "Session Only", didn't work. I tried
> changing my UA string to read Firefox 72.0.1, didn't work.

Your UA:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.5

My UA:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.5

Seems to be the same.

I am running W7U64

I have no issue logging in to https://www.foxnews.com/

So one would expect you to have no issue, but you do.

So, membership issue?  I'll see if I can try a computer that Fox does
not have identified.

Ray

0
Ray
3/11/2020 12:14:34 AM
Larry S. wrote:
> Still get the message "You don't have permission to access Fox News on
> this server". Any thoughts on what to do now?
>
> I tried changing cookies to "Session Only", didn't work. I tried
> changing my UA string to read Firefox 72.0.1, didn't work.
>
> Any other thoughts?
> Larry

Have you tried "Restart with add-ons disabled"?
or
Make a temporary user profile and see if that works.
0
Paul
3/11/2020 1:07:18 AM
David E. Ross wrote:
> On 3/10/2020 12:06 PM, Larry S. wrote:
>> Still get the message "You don't have permission to access Fox News on
>> this server". Any thoughts on what to do now?
>>
>> I tried changing cookies to "Session Only", didn't work. I tried
>> changing my UA string to read Firefox 72.0.1, didn't work.
>>
>> Any other thoughts?
>> Larry
>>

> Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64)
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
> 	SeaMonkey/2.49.5
> "Advertise Firefox compatibility" disabled
> Cookies for the requested Web site only
> Popups blocked
> All images enabled
> "When a web page provides its own colors and background" set to "Always
> 	use the colors and background specified by the web page."
> "Allow documents to use other fonts" enabled
> HTML5 Media enabled
>
> No problem viewing Fox News at <https://www.foxnews.com/> (other than my
> dislike of Fox politics).

I pretty much track with your choices, except how do I set "HTML5 Media
enabled"?

Seem as though I should have no problem with my access, but I do. Hmm ..

Larry
0
Larry
3/11/2020 2:38:26 AM
On 3/10/2020 7:38 PM, Larry S. wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 3/10/2020 12:06 PM, Larry S. wrote:
>>> Still get the message "You don't have permission to access Fox News on
>>> this server". Any thoughts on what to do now?
>>>
>>> I tried changing cookies to "Session Only", didn't work. I tried
>>> changing my UA string to read Firefox 72.0.1, didn't work.
>>>
>>> Any other thoughts?
>>> Larry
>>>

>> Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64)
>> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
>> 	SeaMonkey/2.49.5
>> "Advertise Firefox compatibility" disabled
>> Cookies for the requested Web site only
>> Popups blocked
>> All images enabled
>> "When a web page provides its own colors and background" set to "Always
>> 	use the colors and background specified by the web page."
>> "Allow documents to use other fonts" enabled
>> HTML5 Media enabled
>>
>> No problem viewing Fox News at <https://www.foxnews.com/> (other than my
>> dislike of Fox politics).
>>
> I pretty much track with your choices, except how do I set "HTML5 Media
> enabled"?
>
> Seem as though I should have no problem with my access, but I do. Hmm ..
>
> Larry

In your preferences, set media.autoplay.enabled to True.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Beyond Meat and other such vegetarian meat substitutes
represent the ultimate in ultra-processed foods.  Real
meat is natural.  Beyond Meat is definitely not.  No,
I do NOT own a cattle ranch, a butcher shop, or any
other business doing commerce in meat.
0
David
3/11/2020 5:55:30 AM
On 3/11/2020 12:55 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 3/10/2020 7:38 PM, Larry S. wrote:
>> David E. Ross wrote:

>>> Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64)
>>> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
>>> 	SeaMonkey/2.49.5
>>> "Advertise Firefox compatibility" disabled
>>> Cookies for the requested Web site only
>>> Popups blocked
>>> All images enabled
>>> "When a web page provides its own colors and background" set to "Always
>>> 	use the colors and background specified by the web page."
>>> "Allow documents to use other fonts" enabled
>>> HTML5 Media enabled
>>>
>>> No problem viewing Fox News at <https://www.foxnews.com/> (other than my
>>> dislike of Fox politics).
>>>
>> I pretty much track with your choices, except how do I set "HTML5 Media
>> enabled"?
>>
>> Seem as though I should have no problem with my access, but I do. Hmm ..
>>
>> Larry
>>

> In your preferences, set media.autoplay.enabled to True.

I hate to muddy the waters but I have media.autoplay.enabled set to
False and Fox News works for me.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.1
Not logged into the Foxnews site
Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Allow all cookies
Accept cookies normally
Load all images
Do not block unrequested popup windows
All TLS options checked
All scripts allowed except hiding the status bar

Lemuel Johnson
0
Lemuel