Sorting Buttons

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
	SeaMonkey/2.49.5
Toolbar Buttons	1.1.1

If I right-click on the SeaMonkey menu bar or tool bar, I get the
Customize Toolbar window.  With or without the Toolbar Buttons
extension, is there some way to sort the buttons in that window.  I
would want to sort them alphabetically by name (the text that goes with
the icon)?

Not counting those buttons that are already installed on my SeaMonkey
tool and menu bars, I have 97 buttons in my Customize Toolbar window.
They seem to be in random order.  It is quite tedious to find a button
there.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump removed Rick Bright from heading the
government's development of a vaccine against the
COVID-19 virus.  The reason was that Bright would not
endorse Trump's assertion that hydroxychloroquine might
cure COVID-19.  Is it possible that Trump was motivated
by his and his family's investments in a major producer
of hydroxychloroquine?
0
David
5/17/2020 6:46:37 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13675 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

David E. Ross wrote:
> Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
> 	SeaMonkey/2.49.5
> Toolbar Buttons	1.1.1
>
> If I right-click on the SeaMonkey menu bar or tool bar, I get the
> Customize Toolbar window.  With or without the Toolbar Buttons
> extension, is there some way to sort the buttons in that window.  I
> would want to sort them alphabetically by name (the text that goes with
> the icon)?
>
> Not counting those buttons that are already installed on my SeaMonkey
> tool and menu bars, I have 97 buttons in my Customize Toolbar window.
> They seem to be in random order.  It is quite tedious to find a button
> there.

Sounds like a lot of those are added by extensions.

I have 6 unsorted default buttons in Customize for the browser, and 11
unsorted default buttons for the mail window.

I doubt they can be sorted.
0
WaltS48
5/17/2020 7:48:01 PM
David E. Ross wrote:
> Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
> 	SeaMonkey/2.49.5
> Toolbar Buttons	1.1.1
>
> If I right-click on the SeaMonkey menu bar or tool bar, I get the
> Customize Toolbar window.  With or without the Toolbar Buttons
> extension, is there some way to sort the buttons in that window.  I
> would want to sort them alphabetically by name (the text that goes with
> the icon)?
>
> Not counting those buttons that are already installed on my SeaMonkey
> tool and menu bars, I have 97 buttons in my Customize Toolbar window.
> They seem to be in random order.  It is quite tedious to find a button
> there.

If I right-click a tool bar, I get a context menu.  One of the items is
Customize.

0
EE
5/18/2020 4:44:42 PM
On 5/18/2020 9:44 AM, EE wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>> Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
>> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
>> 	SeaMonkey/2.49.5
>> Toolbar Buttons	1.1.1
>>
>> If I right-click on the SeaMonkey menu bar or tool bar, I get the
>> Customize Toolbar window.  With or without the Toolbar Buttons
>> extension, is there some way to sort the buttons in that window.  I
>> would want to sort them alphabetically by name (the text that goes with
>> the icon)?
>>
>> Not counting those buttons that are already installed on my SeaMonkey
>> tool and menu bars, I have 97 buttons in my Customize Toolbar window.
>> They seem to be in random order.  It is quite tedious to find a button
>> there.
>>
> If I right-click a tool bar, I get a context menu.  One of the items is
> Customize.

Yes, I am quite familiar with that.  The resulting Customize Toolbar
window has a number of buttons, icons with text labels.  What I want is
the buttons in the Customize Toolbar window (not on my actual tool bar)
to be sorted alphabetically by their text labels, thus making it easier
to find a particular button.