Software Update popup

I am getting a popup window periodically titled "Software Update"
containing text "Update Failed" "Seamonkey is unable to determine if
there is an updated available.  Please make sure that you have the
latest version of Seamonkey from:" and an OK button to click.

I don't remember ever seeing this before, so it must be in 2.53.4 here
in linux x64 version.  Is there a setting I need to make/change to stop
this?

Dave
0
David
10/18/2020 3:12:29 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13642 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

David H. Durgee wrote on 10/18/20 5:12 AM:
> I am getting a popup window periodically titled "Software Update" containing
> text "Update Failed" "Seamonkey is unable to determine if there is an updated
> available.  Please make sure that you have the latest version of Seamonkey
> from:" and an OK button to click.
>
> I don't remember ever seeing this before, so it must be in 2.53.4 here in linux
> x64 version.  Is there a setting I need to make/change to stop this?
>
> Dave
Dear David,
The answer is *no* not yet /at least/

--
GérardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
SeaMonkey/2.53.3
Build identifier: 20200606200440

If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z.
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
         -- Albert Einstein
0
GerardJan
10/18/2020 3:58:33 AM
On 18/10/2020 04:12, David H. Durgee wrote:
> I am getting a popup window periodically titled "Software Update"
> containing text "Update Failed" "Seamonkey is unable to determine if
> there is an updated available.  Please make sure that you have the
> latest version of Seamonkey from:" and an OK button to click.
>
> I don't remember ever seeing this before, so it must be in 2.53.4 here
> in linux x64 version.  Is there a setting I need to make/change to stop
> this?

Preferences>Advanced>Software Installation>SeaMonkey

/df

--
London
UK