SM window - no tabs - uses 40% of RAM

I noticed SM was using ~50% of my 8GB of RAM. I first closed the Email, which made
little difference; Closing the tabs one by one until they were ALL closed, dropped
the memory usage to 40%. Closing and reopening the empty window dropped the usage
to 15%.

What the heck is making the only window with nothing in it use 40%?! And how do I
avoid it? It's a nuisance to close/open SM every time it starts to suck the socks
off the RAM, but if I don't do it, the Total Ram usage exceeds 80%, and things get
slow, and can even go "not Responding" for 5-30 seconds.
0
flyguy
10/7/2020 8:54:51 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13637 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow