SM 2.53.4 not loading Bissell website

SM 2.53.4 won't load https://www.bissell.com/ - the status message is Read 
www.bissell.com

Chrome loads it immediately. What could the problem be?

Here's another one that won't load, yet works properly in Chrome:

https://wingsandwheels.com/

Instead of the website, "403 Forbidden nginx" is displayed. The website worked in 
SM a couple months ago, but hasn't recently, with either 2.53.4 or 2.49.3
0
flyguy
10/7/2020 5:06:22 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13640 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

9 Replies
18 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 49

flyguy wrote:
> SM 2.53.4 won't load https://www.bissell.com/ - the status message is 
> Read www.bissell.com
> 
> Chrome loads it immediately. What could the problem be?
> 
> Here's another one that won't load, yet works properly in Chrome:
> 
> https://wingsandwheels.com/
> 
> Instead of the website, "403 Forbidden nginx" is displayed. The website 
> worked in SM a couple months ago, but hasn't recently, with either 
> 2.53.4 or 2.49.3

That first item is not even a web page.  It is a script.
The second one gives me the same result: forbidden.
0
EE
10/7/2020 6:40:51 PM
EE wrote on 10/7/20 8:40 PM:
> flyguy wrote:
>> SM 2.53.4 won't load https://www.bissell.com/ - the status message is Read 
>> www.bissell.com
>>
>> Chrome loads it immediately. What could the problem be?
>>
>> Here's another one that won't load, yet works properly in Chrome:
>>
>> https://wingsandwheels.com/
>>
>> Instead of the website, "403 Forbidden nginx" is displayed. The website worked 
>> in SM a couple months ago, but hasn't recently, with either 2.53.4 or 2.49.3
> 
> That first item is not even a web page.  It is a script.
> The second one gives me the same result: forbidden.

same under /Fedora,Redhat/

-- 
GérardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 
SeaMonkey/2.53.3
Build identifier: 20200606200440

If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z.
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
         -- Albert Einstein
0
GerardJan
10/7/2020 6:51:45 PM
On 10/7/2020 10:06 AM, flyguy wrote:
> SM 2.53.4 won't load https://www.bissell.com/ - the status message is Read 
> www.bissell.com
> 
> Chrome loads it immediately. What could the problem be?
> 
> Here's another one that won't load, yet works properly in Chrome:
> 
> https://wingsandwheels.com/
> 
> Instead of the website, "403 Forbidden nginx" is displayed. The website worked in 
> SM a couple months ago, but hasn't recently, with either 2.53.4 or 2.49.3
> 
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
	SeaMonkey/2.49.5

Bissell:  Could not load despite spoofing Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Wings and Wheels:  Got it by spoofing Firefox using PrefBar's useragent
extlist.

-- 
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Early in the COVID-19 pandemic, President Trump told us the
virus would disappear by April.  Later, he said it would be gone
when the weather turned hot.

In Ventura County (population less than 850,000), there were
2,134 new COVID-19 infections in September as the temperature
reached 117F.  That month, there were also 36 deaths, a persistent
daily death rate through the entire month of 1.2%.

At one time, Trump claimed COVID-19 was a Democrat hoax.  Now
Trump has the virus.  Schadenfreude!

I don't think COVID-19 will disappear until after Trump disappears.
0
David
10/7/2020 7:07:28 PM
EE wrote on 10/7/2020 11:40 AM:
> flyguy wrote:
>> SM 2.53.4 won't load https://www.bissell.com/ - the status message is =
Read=20
>> www.bissell.com
>>
>> Chrome loads it immediately. What could the problem be?
>>
>> Here's another one that won't load, yet works properly in Chrome:
>>
>> https://wingsandwheels.com/
>>
>> Instead of the website, "403 Forbidden nginx" is displayed. The websit=
e worked=20
>> in SM a couple months ago, but hasn't recently, with either 2.53.4 or =
2.49.3
>=20
> That first item is not even a web page.=A0 It is a script.
> The second one gives me the same result: forbidden.

Chrome and Edge both load a website for the first, so it seems to be real=
=2E

I suspected the second one (wingsandwheels) was ignoring SM, and that app=
ears to=20
be the case.



0
flyguy
10/7/2020 9:49:56 PM
On 07/10/2020 18:06, flyguy wrote:
> SM 2.53.4 won't load https://www.bissell.com/ - the status message is 
> Read www.bissell.com
> 
> Chrome loads it immediately. What could the problem be?

WFM with SM 2.53.4, both without JS and with www.bissell.com and 
assets.adobetm.com enabled for JS.

> Here's another one that won't load, yet works properly in Chrome:
> 
> https://wingsandwheels.com/
> 
> Instead of the website, "403 Forbidden nginx" is displayed. The website 
> worked in SM a couple months ago, but hasn't recently, with either 
> 2.53.4 or 2.49.3

Site breakage: write to ask why they don't want your custom, as they 
seem like a decent business; otherwise ask why they retain incompetents 
(who don't reveal themselves in the web code) to manage their site. Or 
spoof UA.

/df

-- 
London
UK
0
Dirk
10/7/2020 11:17:35 PM
Hi,


flyguy a tapoté le 07/10/2020 19:06:
> https://wingsandwheels.com/
> 
> Instead of the website, "403 Forbidden nginx" is displayed. The website worked in 
> SM a couple months ago, but hasn't recently, with either 2.53.4 or 2.49.3


Works when changing user-agent...


-- 
Stéphane
Sorry for possible mistakes in English!
0
Yamo
10/8/2020 8:34:57 AM
David E. Ross wrote:
> On 10/7/2020 10:06 AM, flyguy wrote:
>> SM 2.53.4 won't load https://www.bissell.com/ - the status message is Read
>> www.bissell.com
>>
>> Chrome loads it immediately. What could the problem be?
>>
>> Here's another one that won't load, yet works properly in Chrome:
>>
>> https://wingsandwheels.com/
>>
>> Instead of the website, "403 Forbidden nginx" is displayed. The website worked in
>> SM a couple months ago, but hasn't recently, with either 2.53.4 or 2.49.3
>>
> Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
> 	SeaMonkey/2.49.5
> 
> Bissell:  Could not load despite spoofing Firefox and Internet Explorer.
> 
> Wings and Wheels:  Got it by spoofing Firefox using PrefBar's useragent
> extlist.
> 

Bissell does work with Firefox 78.3.0 esr, it noticed what country I 
appear to be in and adapted the language accordingly.

-- 
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/
0
Don
10/8/2020 9:02:06 AM
flyguy wrote:
> EE wrote on 10/7/2020 11:40 AM:
>> flyguy wrote:
>>> SM 2.53.4 won't load https://www.bissell.com/ - the status message is 
>>> Read www.bissell.com
>>>
>>> Chrome loads it immediately. What could the problem be?
>>>
>>> Here's another one that won't load, yet works properly in Chrome:
>>>
>>> https://wingsandwheels.com/
>>>
>>> Instead of the website, "403 Forbidden nginx" is displayed. The 
>>> website worked in SM a couple months ago, but hasn't recently, with 
>>> either 2.53.4 or 2.49.3
>>
>> That first item is not even a web page.  It is a script.
>> The second one gives me the same result: forbidden.
> 
> Chrome and Edge both load a website for the first, so it seems to be real.
> 
> I suspected the second one (wingsandwheels) was ignoring SM, and that 
> appears to be the case.
> 
> 
> 
The bissel.com item is not regular HTML.  The first tag was a script 
tag, and the last line had an end script tag.  It was not proper HTML code.

0
EE
10/8/2020 7:30:51 PM
EE wrote:
> flyguy wrote:
>> EE wrote on 10/7/2020 11:40 AM:
>>> flyguy wrote:
>>>> SM 2.53.4 won't load https://www.bissell.com/ - the status message 
>>>> is Read www.bissell.com
>>>>
>>>> Chrome loads it immediately. What could the problem be?
>>>>
>>>> Here's another one that won't load, yet works properly in Chrome:
>>>>
>>>> https://wingsandwheels.com/
>>>>
>>>> Instead of the website, "403 Forbidden nginx" is displayed. The 
>>>> website worked in SM a couple months ago, but hasn't recently, with 
>>>> either 2.53.4 or 2.49.3
>>>
>>> That first item is not even a web page.  It is a script.
>>> The second one gives me the same result: forbidden.
>>
>> Chrome and Edge both load a website for the first, so it seems to be 
>> real.
>>
>> I suspected the second one (wingsandwheels) was ignoring SM, and that 
>> appears to be the case.
>>
>>
>>
> The bissel.com item is not regular HTML.  The first tag was a script 
> tag, and the last line had an end script tag.  It was not proper HTML code.

It seems to depend on whether JavaScript is enabled.  With NoScript 
blocking all scripts on the page, at least some content shows up (but no 
images).  Although there is a lot of scripting on the page, it's got the 
usual general structure:
   <!DOCTYPE html>
   <html lang="en">
   <head>
   ...
   </head>
   <body class="">
   ...
   </body>
   </html>

However, if I enable scripting for bissell.com and adobedtm.com, it 
fails to complete loading.  Viewing the source at that point does just 
show one big <script>...</script> element, as you describe.  Strangely, 
if I close the source view and reopen it, it's then blank.

Looking at the "Network" tab of developer tools while loading the page, 
it seems to first load the same main page as I see without scripting 
enabled (though I never see it actually appear in the browser) and then 
a load of script and CSS files.  That's only visible briefly (unless I 
quickly cancel loading the page), and then the network log is cleared as 
if it's redirected to another page, but nothing else shows up.

It seems to redirect to a wyciwyg:// URL, which fails to load.  I have 
vague recollection of some discussion about those causing issues some 
time ago (or at least showing up as a side-effect of issues; from what I 
recall they might exist internally but shouldn't generally be actually 
seen?)  Perhaps one of those newer things that's been refined in newer 
versions of Firefox, but the version SeaMonkey is based on doesn't 
handle particularly well.

As well as that site being completely overkill on JavaScript!  After 
all, why just use an HTML tag to include an image when you can use 500 
lines of JavaScript to do it...

-- 
Mark.

0
mozilla
10/8/2020 8:12:32 PM
Reply: