SM-2.53-1 doesn't show time progress while downloading

Greetings,

look at http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/dm191210.png
You will see it shows that 0 sec have elapsed while downloading. Should
be a bug. Experienced with

[App]
Vendor=Mozilla
Name=SeaMonkey
RemotingName=seamonkey
Version=2.53.1-h
BuildID=20191201063137
SourceStamp=163da011e3b619d5d1f73c090da4e5713478de6e
ID={92650c4d-4b8e-4d2a-b7eb-24ecf4f6b63a}

[Gecko]
MinVersion=60.3.1
MaxVersion=60.3.1

Hartmut
0
Hartmut
12/10/2019 8:20:34 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13471 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Hartmut Figge wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> look at http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/dm191210.png
> You will see it shows that 0 sec have elapsed while downloading. Should
> be a bug. Experienced with
>
> [App]
> Vendor=Mozilla
> Name=SeaMonkey
> RemotingName=seamonkey
> Version=2.53.1-h
> BuildID=20191201063137
> SourceStamp=163da011e3b619d5d1f73c090da4e5713478de6e
> ID={92650c4d-4b8e-4d2a-b7eb-24ecf4f6b63a}
>
> [Gecko]
> MinVersion=60.3.1
> MaxVersion=60.3.1
>
> Hartmut

I fixed the download manager for this some time ago and some other problmes in
the. Best to file a bug for it and set me on cc.

FRG
0
Frank
12/10/2019 10:02:38 AM
Frank-Rainer Grahl:

>> look at http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/dm191210.png
>
>I fixed the download manager for this some time ago ...

The 'some time' may be between my last build and now. Time for a new
build and looking before doing anything else.

Hartmut
0
Hartmut
12/10/2019 11:43:42 AM
Hartmut Figge wrote:
> Frank-Rainer Grahl:
>
>>> look at http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/dm191210.png
>>
>> I fixed the download manager for this some time ago ...
>
> The 'some time' may be between my last build and now. Time for a new
> build and looking before doing anything else.
>
> Hartmut

Doubt it. Some time was a month or two ago. I noticed that the dialog had
problems then but the day only has 24h :) Usually only use the Download
manager so filed it away mentally for later.

FRG
0
Frank
12/10/2019 2:36:50 PM
Hartmut Figge:

>Time for a new build and looking before doing anything else.

Done. No improvement. Therefore tested in a new profile. Now the time
left was shown, not the elapsed time, and all this in a very different
window.

http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/dm191210-b.png

Compare that with the original window:
http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/dm191210.png

At the moment I have no idea why there are different download windows in
the 2 profiles. So far I have determined that it has nothing to do with
the choice of Default or Modern theme. Also the value of

ui.allow_platform_file_picker

does not matter. Filing a bug makes no sense unless I have found the
reason why. Probably something in the prefs.js. Relatively easy to
determine. If that proves to be correct then a n/2 approach on the
prefs.js. But I do not want to do that. ;)

Hartmut
0
Hartmut
12/10/2019 2:39:25 PM
Hartmut Figge:

>At the moment I have no idea why there are different download windows in
>the 2 profiles.

Preferences->Browser->Downloads
  (x) Open a progress dialog

The default value is
  (x) Open the download manager

And that is the explanation for the two different windows. Phew. Saved
from debugging the prefs.js. :)

Frank, did you look in to the 'progress dialog' option?

Hartmut
0
Hartmut
12/10/2019 2:55:11 PM
Hartmut Figge wrote:
> Hartmut Figge:
>
> Frank, did you look in to the 'progress dialog' option?
>
> Hartmut

Yes the download manager is fixed but there are still some problesm with the
underlying api. It does not persist all values. Some guesswork is done and may
result in blank fields.

The progress dialog is used for uploads and downloads in a private window and
if the user uses the pref to not show the manager. Some prefer the progress
window. Don't know why? :)

Anyway the progress windows needs more fixes.

FRG

0
Frank